Diet for good skin
Why depend upon chemical cosmetics? Try natural foods, fruits, and vegetables to make your skin glow and healthy by preventing wrinkles, pimples, acne, and black spots. Foods are packed with powerful bio-chemical ingredients (antioxidants) that smooth and supple your skin against free radicals. To make skin glow and radiant, one can eat certain foods says Jessica Wu, MD, a dermatologist in Los Angeles, and the author of ‘Feed your Face’. These selected foods help to look younger and gorgeous with a fair complexion. Eating healthy cum natural foods means you are making your internal body mechanism stronger, the same things reflect in the outer part of your body.
8 Wonder foods for good skin
- Supple skin with Chocolate: Chocolate makes your skin supple and smooth because of cocoa hydration. Chocolate contains flavonol, a powerful antioxidant, which helps to ward off free radicals, thus prevents your skin problems such as wrinkles, pimples, acne, etc. It prevents your skin from roughness and scaliness too.
- Glow skin with Yogurt: Yogurt is a beauty promoter because of protein content. Especially Greek yogurt, which is an awesome food to make your skin smooth and healthy.
- Radiant skin with Soy: Soy is rich in minerals and proteins that help to protect your skin from hyperpigmentation.
- Heals your skin with oatmeal: Oatmeal is rich in vitamins and takes a long time for assimilation thus maintains blood sugar levels. A high amount of blood sugar stimulates the levels of androgen that prompt the sebaceous gland to secrete oil that may trap into skin pores which ultimately contribute to wrinkles and pimples.
- Reduce redness with Green Tea: Green tea is rich in antioxidants, fight redness, and inflammation. When lemon juice is mixed into it, it’s fighting capacity increased manifolds and provides maximum benefits to the body. Green tea is good for skin cancer. The presence of tannins helps to reduce skin puffiness.
- Reduce skin inflammation with Sardines: Sardines are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids. In fact, it is one of the best sources of such useful fatty acids that help to fight skin inflammation. They lower triglycerides and protect your collagen thus make your skin firm. The fishes which are a rich source of Omega-3 fatty acids are Salmon, Tuna, Lake trout, Anchovies, Mackerel, and Atlantic sturgeon.
- Remove skin toxins with Water: Water helps to excrete toxins from the body. It helps in the smooth functioning of all the organs and organ systems. It helps to make your skin firm by keeping the cells full. Drinking water makes you moist and hydrated reduces the chances of fine lines and wrinkles. It ensures smooth blood flow thus make your skin glowing.
- Reduce wrinkles with Beef: Eating grass-fed beef means reduces the chances of wrinkles and pimples as it is rich in omega-3 to omega-6 fatty acids.
6 best fruits for healthy skin
- Care your skin with Pomegranates: Pomegranate is full of polyphenol antioxidant that combats with free radicals. It gives your skin smoothness and suppleness. Simultaneously, it also facilitates blood circulation. The application of its juice on the face helps to remove dead cells from the skin.
- Protect skin with Walnut: Walnut is full of Omega-3 fatty acids, which ensures the elasticity of your skin. The fruit is also loaded with Copper that helps in collagen production. It is also good for those who don’t like to eat fish. The deficiency of this acid may result in eczema.
- Soften skin with Strawberries: These berries are known for reducing age-related dry skin and act as an anti-aging agent. It has been confirmed by the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition that people who eat vitamin C-rich fruits are lesser prone to skin problems. Vitamin C-rich foods prevent the breaking of collagen thus saves from damaging skin cells. It is rich in fiber and regulates insulin production.
- Brazilian nuts for healthy skin: Selenium protects your skin from free radicals and skin cancer. The best source of selenium is Brazilian nuts and Button mushrooms.
- Orange peel benefits for skin: A study conducted at the University of Arizona has confirmed that who ate the orange peel has a 33% lower risk of developing skin cell problems.
- Kiwi for your skin: Kiwi is a good source of vitamin C that helps to form the collagen layer in the body.
8 Skin clearing vegetables
Fresh vegetables are rich in antioxidants (carotenoids), which soften and protect your skin from getting inflamed and reddened.
- Smooth skin with Sunflower seeds: The seeds have an adequate amount of vitamin E, which helps the skin from the sun’s rays. The presence of essential fatty acids is also good to make your heels and lips soft.
- Acne prevention with Kidney bean: These beans are loaded with zinc. Regular use of such beans helps to keep away from blemishes, acne, and wrinkles.
- Soften skin with Olive oil: Olive oil is full of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. It softens and radiant the skin when massages with it. That’s why; it is recommended olive oil massage to the newborns to make their skin soft, smooth, and glowing. Consuming the oil is also beneficial to contend free radicals. 75% of fat in olive oil is mono-saturated that ensures to look younger and longer.
- Wrinkle-free skin with Pumpkin: Pumpkin has an adequate amount of bio-pigment called carotenoids which are wrinkle & pimple fighting antioxidants. It is also rich in enzymes, vitamin C, E, and A, all of this help to cleanse the skin from toxins. Its seeds are high in Zinc which helps in collagen formation and renewal of the skin.
- Protect sunburn with Tomatoes: Tomatoes contain Lycopene your skin from sunburn, a UK report has confirmed. It is recommended that one should eat tomatoes daily.
- Care skin with Kale: Kale has an adequate proportion of lutein and zeaxanthin that protect your skin from UV rays.
- Make skin healthy with Broccoli: Broccoli has a good amount of antioxidants along with vitamin C and E. Vitamin C helps to make collagen, which supplies your skin while vitamin E protects your skin from the sun’s UV rays.
- Vibrant your skin with Carrots: Carrots are high in beta carotene, a powerful antioxidant. It helps in repairing skin and protects your face from the sun’s rays.