The triangle pose is consisted of two Sanskrit words Trikon and Asana. The meaning of trikon (त्रिकोण) is triangle while the meaning of asana is pose. Triangle pose is very important for health & wellness. It has greater significance and relevance in the domain of sound health. Extended Triangle pose yoga has the ability to bring stability, strength and stamina in one’s life. Therapeutically, it is good for strengthening the core and legs.cc licensed ( BY ND ) flickr photo shared by Amy-amyjirsa_yogini
Along with other benefits, Trikonasan will also be known as to shed extra fats from the various parts of the body i.e. stomach, hips, thighs and waist.
One of the great advantages of this yoga pose is that it can be practiced at any time or at any place without any formality. One can practice it without any preparation. Many people who sit at a desk, machine or any one place during their work for long period of time, will find this asana beneficial for encouraging good blood circulation, eliminating aches and pains in the back, neck and the entire body. The entire nervous system is toned up, especially the spinal nerves. It loosens up the muscles and joints of the whole body.
Breathing in triangle pose
The triangle pose should be practiced with proper breathing. Inhale while taking your hand upward and exhale while bringing it to the middle. Same procedure has to be followed with the other side. At least, three to five rounds have to be performed.
How to perform triangle pose
How to do triangle pose is important? Here, the step by step practicing techniques are being mentioned.
- Stand erect. Now, keep distance between your legs about 3 to 4 feet
- Extend your arms at the shoulder level.
- Inhale and raises your right arm by the side of your head.
- Now, bend your right arms with exhaling towards the left side by keeping your body weight equally on both the feet. You should ensure that the right arm become parallel to the ground.
- Maintain the position as per your comfort with normal breathing and come to the original position by inhaling.
- Do the same procedure with the left arm.
- Perform three to five rounds of trikonasana.
Extended triangle pose (Utthita Trikonasana) Yoga for weight loss
Weight loss or burning of fat is possible through Triangle pose. Triangle pose is extremely beneficial to burn fat from stomach, waist, thighs and back. Practicing Trikonasana on regular basis with following proper steps and techniques helps to shed fat of the said body portions. Triangle pose give slim look to your waist. To control weight and obesity, the various forms of Triangle pose yoga should be practiced under the supervision of Yoga experts
Health benefits of Triangle pose Yoga (Trikonasana)
The different benefits of Extended triangle pose (Utthita Trikonasana) and Revolved Triangle pose (Parivrtta trikonasana) are given below:
- This asana is good to burn fat. Therefore, it is recommended to person who is facing the conditions of weight and obesity.
- It is good for your backache
- This Yoga pose is recommended for growing children to increase their height.
- Triangle pose helps to strengthen your legs, knees and ankles.
- Good for your digestion
- It may be used for stress management.
- Triangle pose helps to expand your chest and shoulders.
- It ensures mobility of hip joints and neck and give proper stretch to your spine.
- It strengthens the muscles in the thighs, hips and back.
- It provides stamina, balance, energy and develops focus.
Triangle pose variations
There are four variations for trikonasana
- Extended Triangle pose (Utthita trikonasana)
- Bound Triangle pose (Baddha trikonasana)
- Revolved Triangle pose (Parivrtta trikonasana)
- Reclining triangle pose (Supta trikonasana)
Triangle pose precautions
- This asana shouldn’t be performed who has severe back pain.
- Avoid this yoga who is suffering from migraine.
- A person is detected with diarrhea, high blood pressure, neck & back injuries, shouldn’t perform this asana.
- Those who are experiencing dizziness shouldn’t look down at the floor during the final stage.
- Cervical spondylosis should do it with proper precautions.
- Don’t take the support of your knee while performing this asana as it exerts excess pressure to your knee that may lead to knee problems.
- Having neck problems, don’t look up while performing this asana. It is better to gaze straight or look down to the floor.