11 best benefits of eating turmeric powder
Turmeric has many medicinal qualities, like improving a person’s complexion, making skin fair and fairer, and can make one beautiful and good-looking.
- Turmeric for fair complexion: Turmeric is one of the best improvers. It makes your body and face honest and beautiful. So, its paste is generally applied to the bride and bridegroom one day before marriage.
- Turmeric heals wounds: Make a paste of turmeric with water. When the paste is applied over the swelling, bulginess can be reduced considerably. The application also minimises the impact of pain and wound healing.
- Turmeric cures skin allergies: Make a paste of turmeric +powder of Margosa leaves +Sweet flag root. I applied this mixture over the skin in case of allergies to three-four times a day. The mix is suitable for urticaria problems too. It is also used in eczema, ringworm, and scorpion bite cases.
- Turmeric prevents pimples: For pimples, acne, blemishes, and wrinkles, the paste of turmeric and lime juice is quite effective when applied over the face.
- Turmeric controls dandruff and hair fall: When the mix of turmeric+ and fruit of soap nut tree +shikekal is applied over the scalp and hair, it helps to remove dandruff and excessive hair fall.
- Cure cracked heels through turmeric: Make a paste of turmeric and castor oil. I applied the mix over cracked heels to get a fast cure. When the paste is made with ghee and turmeric, it is suitable for painful heels and feet.
- Turmeric as a substitute for soap: For beauty and glowing skin, one should use the paste of turmeric+ gram powder +camphor. It may be used as an adequate substitute for soap for better skin.
- Turmeric for obesity management: For obesity patients, it is suggested to take a mix of turmeric (3 gms) +ginger powder (2 gms)+one tsp of honey in warm water. It is beneficial for obese and obese people.
- Turmeric used as Painkiller: If somebody is suffering from bleeding and having acute pain, it is recommended to take a mix of turmeric and +Jaggery. This acts as a painkiller and dissolves the clotted blood.
- Turmeric for best first aid: It is the best antiseptic in case of wound injury. The application of dry turmeric powder instantly helps in stopping bleeding from wounds.
- Turmeric for sleeping patient: If a person suffers from excessive sleeping or wants to wake up for meaningful work, it is suggested to sip 1 tsp of turmeric+ small quantity of black pepper and cinnamon powder + lime juice.
Properties of Turmeric
Turmeric powder possesses the following properties:
- It is an antioxidant
- Hepatoprotective (liver-protecting)
- Nephroprotective (kidney-protecting)
- Anticoagulant (inhibits blood clotting)
How to use Turmeric?
Turmeric can be used in different forms.
- In the making of vegetables/cooking
- Small quantity of it can also be taken in raw form
- Scrambled eggs
Side effects of turmeric
- Yellow stools