How back pain is caused?
Back pain is common these days irrespective of age groups. Due to faulty living style and sedentary mode of living, even children are facing backache. Sometimes, back pain is unbearable in the case of adults and old age people. Back pain also tolls office-goers who spent long hours at a particular sitting position. In MNCs, BPOs, and big companies, the employees often spent long working hours where the severity of back pain is common. Due to extended hours of sitting, the hamstring muscles and iliopsoas muscles get shorten which leads to strain and pain in the lower back. Athlete also faces back pain due to excessive running and jumping that gives jerk and strain to the back region. Yoga can play a vital role in relieving back pain.
How Yoga is good for back pain?
Yoga is quite effective in the prevention, management, and treatment of lower back pain. A list of the best yoga poses and yoga exercises are given for back pain solutions.
- Setu bandha Sarvangasana (Bridge pose): This asana is helpful in removing strain from the back and neck and facilitates good massage to the back. It gives the spine a backward movement and removes strain from the back. Setu bandha Sarvangasana gives strength and flexibility to the back. This is one of the important yoga for backache easing.
- Shalabhasana (Locust Pose): Shalabhasana gives the spine stretched, thus provides elasticity and relieves pain in the sacral and lumbar regions. The person who is facing a slipped disc also gets relief from this asana. Shalabhasana provides gentle massage and acts as an antidote to back pain. It provides flexibility and brings endurance to the back. Shalabhasana is an effective yoga exercise for backache.
- Dhanurasana (Bow pose): Dhanurasana brings back elasticity to the back and removes stiffness from the back region. It strengthens the back muscles and improves flexibility. The spinal column is realigned and rejuvenated. The ligaments, muscles, and nerves are given good stretch, which provides flexibility to the spine and makes it more supple and healthy. Dhanurasana can play a vital role in the prevention of back pain.
- Ushtrasana (Camel pose): Ushtrasana improves strength and flexibility to the spine region. It gives wonderful backward bend and loosening the spinal nerves. Regular practice of this asana is extremely beneficial for backache treatment.
- Marjariasana (Cat pose): Marjariasana loosens up the spine. It is extremely beneficial for chronic back pain.
- Bhujangasana (Cobra pose): Those people who suffer from a slipped disc or sciatica can benefit from this asana. Many people suffer from chronic back pain by sitting in one position for a prolonged period of time or by having a generally stiff and unhealthy spine. Bhujangasana is just like a panacea for them.
- Januchalan (Knee and Neck movement): Alternate knee and neck movement is beneficial for the neuromuscular structure of the back thereby alleviate cervical spondylitis and lower back pain.
- Tadasana (Palm tree pose): The palm tree pose improves the spinal elasticity and good to overcome back strain.
- Ardha Matsyendrasana (Half spinal twist pose): It has been found beneficial in the treatment of backache, neck ache, and headache as well as general body stiffness. It helps to remove any tendency towards round shoulders and has been found useful by many people who have mild cases of sciatic and slipped disc.
- Matsyasana (Fish Pose): Matsyasana gives excellent massage to the back and beneficial in the prevention and management of back pain.
In spite of these yoga poses and asanas, there are many stretching & twisting exercises, along with yoga exercises, which are beneficial in managing back pain. Some of the important stretching exercises are mentioning below.
Amazing exercises for back pain
- Supine hamstring stretch: It is good to overcome back pain where a towel is strapped over the straighten foot while placing the other foot on the ground. Now stretch the foot, which is facing the ceiling. Do this exercise for 3-4 rounds and change the leg.
- Legs up the wall: Take a supine position. Bring your body as well as the thighs near the wall. Now, raise your legs at 90 degrees and placed it against the wall. No space should be left between your thighs and the wall. Maintain the position for a few minutes and continue it for three to four rounds. It will give you relief from your back pain as well as also removes your tiredness. Doing the exercise, spread your hands parallel to the shoulder.
- Spine stretching: Sit in Padmasana or any other comfortable position. Now, raise your both hands and stretch them upward by interlocking your fingers with inhaling. Maintain the position for 10-15 seconds while continuing to inhale and exhale steadily. Come to the original position slowly by exhaling.
- Spine twisting right and left: Sit in a comfortable position. Inhale and raise your hands upward by interlocking your fingers. Stretch the body upward and bend right while exhaling. Maintain it for 10 seconds and come to the original position by inhaling. Follow the same procedure with the left turn.
- Twisting the spine forward and backward
2 thoughts on “Top 10 Yoga Poses and Exercises for Back Pain Relieve”
Very useful information. Thank you for all the information regarding the asanas and how they help to come over the pain.
Very Useful Information Thanks For Sharing.