Mushrooms medicinal benefits
Mushrooms are being used as a medicine since ancient times. It has been known for its medicinal and healing benefits. Sometimes, this herb is known as the plant of immortality. As per research conducted recently, it has been proved that more than 200 conditions will be benefited from eating edible mushrooms and with 100 benefits to the body. Besides this, some species of mushrooms are very useful in the case of bladder cancer, breast cancer, heart attack, stroke, cholesterol, arthritis, diabetes, etc.
Top 10 best benefits of mushrooms
- Weight loss: Mushrooms are known for low calories and low fat full of fiber. They contain beta-glucans and chitin, which help to reduce appetite. Regular consumption of edible mushrooms helps in reducing sugar level, blood pressure, cholesterol, and shedding of extra fats from the body. A study has also confirmed that mushrooms act upon gut bacteria and helps to ensure treat obesity.
- Skin health: Mushrooms are packed with vitamin D, selenium, and antioxidants, which is considered good for skin health. Its extracts are used as moisturizers and antioxidants. Mushrooms contain polysaccharide that hydrates the skin. It contains vitamin D, which is good to treat acne. Its extracts are also used to treat blemishes. There are some species of mushrooms, which contain kojic acid and acts as a skin lightener. This kojic acid also helps to prevent melanin production on the surface of the skin. Mushrooms are also beneficial in the case of anti-aging.
- Hair loss treatment: Mushrooms are an adequate source of iron that treats anemia as the later disease causes due to lack of iron and leads to hair fall. Mushrooms are a good source of iron and treat hair loss. Mushrooms contain copper that ensures more absorption of iron from the food products. The presence of selenium is also helpful for healthy hair.
- Strengthens the immunity system: Regular eating of mushrooms helps to improve the immune system.
- Diabetes treatment: Mushrooms are known for lesser fat, low carbohydrate, packed enzymes, proteins, vitamins, and fibers. Some of its enzymes help to break down sugar and starch. Thus, it is an ideal food to prevent as well as treat diabetes.
- Prevents heart attack: Mushrooms are without carbohydrates, fat, and cholesterol. Besides this, the food is loaded with enzymes and fiber that make a balance with cholesterol levels in the body. All these help to prevent heart attack, stroke, and atherosclerosis.
- Cancer prevention: The plant has beta-glucans and linoleic acid, which are helpful in cancer. The regular eating of mushrooms helps in the prevention of breast cancer and prostate cancer. Selenium also plays an important role in minimizing the impact of cancerous cells. The high amount of antioxidants are also good to fight free radicals thereby reduces the chances of cancerous cells in the body.
- Nutritional facts of mushrooms: Mushrooms are enriched with nutritional value. They have an adequate amount of fiber and protein. It is packed with vitamin B & D, potassium, selenium, and copper. The plant is known for its antioxidants.
- Bladder health: Mushrooms are a great source of selenium and reduces the risk of bladder cancer. Therefore, it is recommended that women should eat it on regular basis.
- Joint pain: Mushrooms are enriched in calcium, which is an important component for strengthening of bone. The regular eating of edible protein helps to treat the conditions like joint pain, osteoporosis, mobility problems, knee pain, etc.
List of 10 best edible mushrooms
- Reishi: It is known for its well-being and longevity.
- Shiitake: It helps to combat cancer.
- Oyster: It fights against cancer and HIV.
- Porcini: It plays an important role in fighting inflammation.
- White button: Good for breast and prostate cancer.
- Maitake: Combat diabetes.
- Shimeji: It helps in the prevention of asthma.
- Chanterelle: It enhances metabolism.
- Black Truffle: It has great psychological effects.
- Chaga: It is packed with antioxidants.
List of top 10 mushroom recipes
- Kadai mushroom recipe
- Mushroom masala recipe
- Mushroom biryani recipe
- Mushroom soup
- Mushroom chili fry recipe
- Mushroom Manchurian recipe
- Chilli mushroom recipe
- Mushroom rice recipe
- Mushroom pulao recipe
- Bean mushroom recipe
Most common types of mushrooms
- White mushroom
Uses of mushrooms
- It is used in making different types of recipes, dishes, and sauces.
- It is used for facial.
- It is good for skin whitening.
- It helps to prevent hair loss
- It is one of the best vegetables.
Risk of eating mushrooms
- Maximum mushrooms are poisonous and eating them can be dangerous.
- Eating wild mushrooms should be avoided as it can cause severe illness.
- Wild mushrooms also contain high levels of heavy metals, toxic substances, water pollutants, and harmful chemicals.
- Persons suffered from rheumatoid arthritis, lupus and multiple sclerosis should avoid eating mushrooms.
- It shouldn’t be purchased from unknown vendors. Always purchase from known companies.
- Eating poisonous mushrooms can cause comas, nausea, vomiting, convulsion, cramps, and insanity.
- Discolored mushrooms should be avoided.