What is lemon tea?
Lemon Tea is a simple natural beverage, refreshing drink, mind soother, widely used worldwide because of its potential benefits. It is beneficial in throat soothing and prevents respiratory congestion and cough. It helps in weight loss and mood elevation too. Taking lemon tea in the morning on an empty stomach helps eliminate waste products and toxins from the body.
How to make lemon tea step by step?
The making of the lemon team recipe is straightforward. It can be prepared quickly and even within five minutes.
- Make water boil for a few minutes; add black tea and again boil for a few minutes, then strain it into a cup.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice.
- Instead of sugar, use honey and mix it well.
- Now, your tea is ready.
- While boiling the water, a few mint leaves can be added to give it a flavour and makes the tea even more refreshing.
- Lemon iced tea adds ice cubes to the strained water and some lemon juice and honey.
Lemon Tea Ingredients
- Black Tea/Green Tea
- Lemon Juice
- We can also use mint/Tulsi leaves and ginger to make it more mood soothing.
Lemon Green Tea
- Rest of the process is identical. , we have to add green tea instead of black one.
- Substitute black tea with green tea.
Lemon Ginger Tea
- Here, we add some grated ginger to the tea. For this, better to boil ginger in water first.
5 potential Benefits of Lemon Tea
- It is an excellent natural beverage for dealing with seasonal allergies.
- Soothe a sore throat.
- Lowers blood sugar levels.
- It soothes pimples and acne because of its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Its astringent properties also slough off dead cells from our skin.
- Lemon ginger tea is insulin resistant, thus reducing the amount of fat stored in the body. On the other hand, ginger reduces hunger too.
Unexpected side effects of lemon ginger tea
- Excessing may result in tooth erosion, ulcers, diarrhoea, and heartburn.
- It shouldn’t be taken during pregnancy.
- Not suitable for lactating mothers.
- It starts absorbing aluminium in the body, thereby may cause bone disease.
- Research has shown that drinking lemon tea increases the risk of Alzheimer’s.
Which is better, lemon tea or green tea?
Green tea contains ‘L-Theanine’ polyphenols and other bio-chemical substances, which make it more beneficial to lose weight and other advantages. Green tea is also associated with additional antioxidant properties. As far as lemon tea is concerned, it also helps shed weight and effectively prevents allergies, infections and diseases.
Top 6 facts about lemon tea
- One shouldn’t take over one or two cups of tea daily.
- 7.89 oz of lemon tea has two calories.
- It detoxifies the body by removing toxins and waste products; in other words, it is an excellent tonic for body purification.
- One should never mix milk in lemon lea. It is strictly NO.
- Lemon juice removes pollutants from the hair follicles, cleanses the scalp, and restores healthy pH levels.
- It contains potassium, which is suitable for regulating heart rate.
Top lemon tea brands
- Nestle Lemon Iced Tea Premix.
- Organic India
- Coffee Day Beverages Zest
- Red Label Brooke Bond
- Diabliss Herbal Diabetic
- in One Herbal