Why a healthy diet is a must in pregnancy?
Pregnancy is one of the crucial stages of women when they face physical and mental health problems, if not care for properly may affect both mother and child, so utmost heed should be taken during this time. Diet can play important roles during pregnancy and for the overall development of the unborn baby as well as maintaining a healthy mother.
Take Light and Sattvic diet. Take green leafy vegetables and seasonal fruits in moderate quantities.
Healthy diet & food for Pregnancy
The following diet should be preferred during pregnancy and lactation period
- Green leafy vegetables, beetroot, carrot, spinach, tomato should be preferred.
- Soups of spinach, carrot, beetroot may be given.
- Unpolished rice is good.
- In sweet, honey/ jaggery should be taken.
- Sprouts of different grams like green gram, Bengal gram, alfa-alfa, is extremely beneficial.
- Fresh fruits like guava, pear, apple, sapota, orange, sweet orange, etc. may be given weightage.
- Juice of apple, carrot, and orange can maintain HB count during pregnancy.
Pregnancy diet chart
- Drink two glasses of water on an empty stomach followed by simple Yogasana and exercise from 5:00 am to 6:00 am.
- Breakfast in the form of seasonal fruits and sprouts and juice by 7:00 am to 8:00 am.
- Lunch as roti, boiled vegetables, salads should be taken by 11:00 am to 12:00 pm.
- Juice of seasonal fruits/herbal tea may be taken by 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
- Dinner must be taken in the form of Whole wheat roti, boiled vegetable curry with less oil and spices, salad/wheat dhaliya + green vegetables/ curd/green vegetable soups by 8-9 pm
Must not eat foods during pregnancy
- Maida products
- Garam masala
- Fried and Oily items
- Egg, Non-veg etc.
Note: Diet scheduled may be changed as directed by the physician.