What is the meaning of Triangle Pose?
The word tri means ‘three’ and kona means ‘angle’. Therefore, trikonasana can be seen as the ‘three-angle pose’. However, it is usually called the ‘triangle pose’. There are various variations of the practice. They all start from the same standing position-that is, with the legs wide apart. Trikonasana is one of the few yoga poses, which stimulates and invigorates the whole body from toes to fingers. Triangle pose is one such yoga asanas, which impacts more or less all the organs as well as entire body parts.
Top 6 facts about triangle pose
- It is pronounced as “tree-cone-AHS-ah-nah”.
- The beauty of this yoga pose is that it can be practiced at any time and in any place.
- It is comprised of two words: Tri means ‘three’, Kona means ‘angle’, and asana means ‘yoga pose’.
- In the final pose, trunk, arms and legs forms the shape of trikon, hence, it is named as Triangle pose.
- It symbolizes 3 ‘S’ viz. Stability, Strength & Stamina.
- It is an excellent exercise for those who spent hours and hours in sitting jobs. Its practice rejuvenates the entire circulatory system and improves blood circulation and also helps in flushing out toxins.
Tips doing Triangle Pose correctly
Here are giving few tips to perform the pose correctly to get its maximum advantages.
- Warm up exercises are must before practicing the yoga pose.
- While performing the pose, the legs should be straight and stretched.
- During the practice, the back shouldn’t be bend and rounding of spine also shouldn’t be the case. In fact, your body should form the shape of the letter “I”.
6 Amazing benefits of Triangle pose
It is full of therapeutic health benefits if practice technically with right instructions and steps.
- Belly fat burning: This is one of the best and simple yoga poses, which is known for immense stretching, twisting, and compressing of the belly and stomach regions. The regular practice of the pose puts excessive pressure on the upper fatty layer of the belly and helps to reduce fat. If one wants to lose belly fat within two or three weeks, it is suggested to practice this yoga pose under the supervision of a yoga instructor.
- Weight loss: If you want to lose weight fast as well as through natural means, the simple and easy way is to practice triangle pose. Since, this standing asana works from toes to fingers and simultaneously gives huge stretching in the legs, waist, thighs, hands, back and other regions of the body. Thus, helpful in making you slim and toned. Besides this, healthy diet plan is also helpful for weight loss.
- Good for obese people: Yoga is one of the best exercises to prevent obesity and overweight. Triangle pose is beneficial for those who are obese and overweight. For such patients, it should be performed for longer duration while focusing on breathing. However, maintaining duration of the pose should increase gradually. Also one should keep in mind that the pose should be maintained naturally without taking any strain.
- Increase height: It is one of the excellent yoga exercises to increase height. If you are searching how to increase height naturally, it is one of the best possible yoga poses to grow you taller. The growing children shouldn’t skip practicing this yoga pose. Also read: Yoga for height increase
- Improve flexibility: The entire body muscles experience huge range of stretching and twisting because of this asana, whose advantage can be experienced in the flexibility and fitness of the body. If you want flexibility like athletic, include this yoga in your daily exercise routine.
- Thighs strengthening: It is beneficial in making the spine healthy and stretches the hips, groin, hamstrings, calves, shoulders and chest.
It shouldn’t be practiced in case of the following conditions.
- Back pain
- Cervical spondylosis
- Knee problems
- Neck pain