What is the meaning of the Triangle Pose?
Trikonasana is one of the few yoga poses that stimulates and invigorates the whole body from toes to fingers. Tri means ‘three’, and kona means ‘angle’. Therefore, trikonasana can be seen as the ‘three-angle pose’. However, it is usually called the ‘triangle pose’. There are various variations of the practice. They all start from the same standing position, with the legs wide apart. Triangle pose is one such yoga asana, which impacts more or less all the organs as well as entire body parts.
Top 6 facts about triangle pose
- It is pronounced as “tree-cone-AHS-ah-nah”.
- The beauty of this yoga pose is that it can be practised at any time and place.
- It comprises two words: Tri means ‘three’, Kona means ‘angle’, and asana means ‘yoga pose’.
- In the final pose, the trunk, arms and legs form the shape of a trikon; hence, it is named the Triangle pose.
- It symbolises 3 ‘S’ viz. Stability, Strength & Stamina.
- It is an excellent exercise for those who spend hours and hours in sitting jobs. Its practice rejuvenates the entire circulatory system, improves blood circulation, and helps flush toxins.
Tips for doing Triangle Pose correctly
Here are some tips for performing the pose correctly to maximise its advantages.
- Warm-up exercises are a must before practising the yoga pose.
- While performing the pose, the legs should be straight and stretched.
- During the practice, the back shouldn’t be bent, and rounding of the spine also shouldn’t be the case. Your body should form the shape of the letter “I”.
6 Amazing Benefits of Triangle Pose
It has therapeutic health benefits if practised technically with fitting instructions and steps.
- Belly fat burning: This is one of the best and simple yoga poses, which is known for immense stretching, twisting, and compressing of the belly and stomach regions. The regular practice of the pose puts excessive pressure on the upper fatty layer of the belly and helps to reduce fat. If one wants to lose belly fat within two or three weeks, it is suggested to practice this yoga pose under the supervision of a yoga instructor.
- Weight loss: If you want to lose weight fast and through natural means, the simple and easy way is to practice the triangle pose. Since this standing asana works from toes to fingers and simultaneously gives massive stretching in the legs, waist, thighs, hands, back and other body regions. So, it would help make you slim and toned. Besides this, a healthy diet plan is also beneficial for weight loss.
- Good for obese people: Yoga is one of the best exercises to prevent obesity and overweight. Triangle pose is beneficial for those who are obese and overweight. For such patients, it should be performed longer while focusing on breathing. However, maintaining the duration of the pose should increase gradually. Also, one should keep in mind that the posture should be held naturally without taking any strain.
- Increase height: It is one of the excellent yoga exercises to increase height. If you are searching for how to increase height naturally, it is one of the best possible yoga poses to grow you taller. The growing children shouldn’t skip practising this yoga pose. Also read: Yoga for height increase
- Improve flexibility: The entire body’s muscles experience a vast range of stretching and twisting because of this asana, whose advantage can be experienced in the flexibility and fitness of the body. If you want flexibility like athletic, include this yoga in your daily exercise routine.
- Thighs strengthening: It is beneficial in making the spine healthy and stretches the hips, groin, hamstrings, calves, shoulders and chest.
It shouldn’t be practised in case of the following conditions.
- Back pain
- Cervical spondylosis
- Knee problems
- Neck pain