Interesting facts about Teachers’ Day
Some important facts of teachers day are given below:
- Teachers’ Day is celebrated worldwide for the admiration of teachers for their special contribution to society.
- World Teachers’ Day is celebrated on September 7. However, Teachers’ Day is celebrated on different dates by different countries.
- The celebration in different countries is correlated to either eminent personalities or achievements of milestones in the domain of education.
- In India, Teachers’ Day is celebrated on 5th September to honor the teachers for their special contribution to society, while in China it is celebrated on 11th September.
- Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan became President of India in 1962, was a staunch educationist, renowned diplomat, and above all a great Teacher.
- When Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan became President of India, some of his students and friends requested him to allow them to celebrate his birthday that also falls on 5th September.
- Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan said, “Instead of celebrating my birthday, it would be my proud privilege if 5 September would be observed as Teachers’ Day.”
- Since then, India celebrates, 5th September as Teacher’s Day where students pay their reverence and gratitude to teachers for their noble effort in shaping their career.
- Dr Radhakhrishnan believed that “teachers should be the best minds in the country”.
- Gyanunlimited team wishes their teachers a Very Happy Teachers’ Day.
Teacher’s Day Importance
- Importance of Teachers Day has greater significance for students and ex-students.
- It is a very important day when students show their respect, reverence, and honor for their Gurus who contributed widely to the overall development of student’s personalities and growth and development of the nation.
- In-country like India which has a rich historical ethos put teachers before parents as former influence student’s learning, enlighten and shape the student’s career.
- The teachers provide selfless effort Admiration and values like these from a student’s communities and society motivated the teacher’s fraternity.
- India celebrated Teacher’s Day on September 5 on the birthday of Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan who is India’s 2nd President and great scholar and teacher.
- It is also celebrated to raise the status of Teachers as in recent times; the profession is losing its ground.
World Teacher’s Day
- The celebration of Teacher’s Day in different countries of the world has started during the 20th century.
- Teacher’s day is celebrated in over 100 countries across the world. UNESCO has started observing Teacher’s day on October 5 since 1994.
- More or less in all countries of the world, this special occasion is celebrated to show respect for great thinkers/educators or great personalities who contributed selflessly to the promotion of education in their respective countries.
Teacher’s Day around the world
- Teacher’s day in some countries of the world is as under:
- India: 5th September
- Pakistan: 5th October
- China: 10th September
- Brazil: 15th October
- New Zealand: 29th October
- Malaysia: 16th May
- Sri Lanka: 6th October
- Germany: 5th October
Top 10 SMS for Teacher’s Day
Send your teacher some of the amazing and surprising SMS on teachers’ day.
- Happy Teachers Day!
- Wish you a very very Happy Teacher Day!
- You are the world’s best teacher showering love, sharing knowledge, and caring for my personality.
- You inspired me, entertained me, and shaped my career. Happy Teacher Day!
- You are the person who gives us enlightenment. Happy Teacher Day! Ma’am
- You are a friend, guide, and philosopher who gave a new height to my life. Happy Teacher Day!
- Ma’m/Sir, you are endowed with love, affection, and guidance that make my life.
- You are the hope, you are the light and you are the inspiration for my life.
- You are a perfect TEACHER: T-Talent, E-Education, A-Attitude, C-Character, H-Harmony, E-Efficient, and R-Relation.
- Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow are always for you. Happy Teacher’s Day!
A brief history of Indian teachers day
5th September is celebrated as Teachers day in India to show respect and reverence towards the beloved teacher’s fraternity. However, since 1962, it is observed as the birthday of Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishna, who was himself a great teacher, an educationist, and contributed a lot to the growth and development of the education system in India. The great thinker himself said, “teachers should be the best minds in the country”. Some of his students requested him to allow them to celebrate his birthday which is also felled on 5th September. But Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishna said that instead of celebrating my birthday on 5th September, it would be great happiness for me if the date is celebrated as Teachers Day. Since then, we honor and paid great respect to our Gurus and Teachers on 5th September.
Best poem for teachers day
My Revered Teacher
You are the only one who is adorable and admirable throughout my life
You are a special gift in the world
You take all the pains to take me to a different level
Your charming and loving style makes my world enlightening
In facts, no word in the dictionary that can describe your specialty
You are special…special …special …forever
8 thoughts on “Top 10 Facts about Teachers’ Day:Top 10 SMS for Teacher’s Day”
HAPPY TEACHER DAY TEACHER IS THE GOLDEN THREAD THAT TIES ALL HEART TOGETHER
The msgs are nice
It is very helpful…….