The fruit Chiku has an exceptionally sweet and delicious flavour along with lots of nutritional values. Chiku is one of the best fruits to provide quick energy as Sapodilla is loaded with fructose and sucrose and regarded as a natural boosting energy food. This sweetie fruit is the store house of many nutrients, which is good for well being. The Chikoo, which is botanically known as Manilkara zapota is a rich source of antioxidants, vitamin A, C and E, copper, iron, etc.
Top 15 Benefits of Chikoo
Health Benefits of Chiku (Sapodilla)
- Chiku is rich in dietary fibre, may be used as a good natural laxative. Being having adequate fibre, it helps to aid in digestion thus relieves from indigestion and constipation.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of tannins present in Chikoo reduce the chances of erosive gastritis, enteritis, irritating bowel and reflux-esophagitis and gastric disorders.
- Sapodilla protects the inner lining of the mucous membrane of colon from carcinogenic toxins.
- Chiku contains Tannin, a powerful antioxidants that acts as anta-acid and contend free radicals. Tannins are effective against many diseases ant acts as anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-parasitic.
- Chiku is endowed with minerals such as potassium, copper, iron, folate, niacin, and pantothenic acid which are good for many metabolic body activities.
- Sapodilla is having vitamin E, vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin B complex. These vitamins and antioxidants boost immunity of the body and also good for hair and skin.
- Vitamin E in Chiku has a chemical compound alpha-tocopherol that might reduce the risk of developing heart diseases.
- Vitamin C helps to improve your immunity and also protect you from gout and cataracts. Vitamin C, also good to provide shining skin.
- The presence of vitamin is beneficial for vision. It also helpful for lungs.
- Boiled Semi-liquid of Chico skin may be given to children to control loose motion. The ingredient is also beneficial in case of fever.
- Eating of Chico helps to relieve from congestion and cough. It is known as expectorant removal.
- Sapodilla is diuretic in nature, good in removal of waste products from the body by frequent urination. It helps in water concentration thereby prevents water retention.
- Chikoo is good for lactating mother due to essential nutrients and carbohydrate. It helps in pregnancy by overcoming nausea and dizziness.
- Sapodilla has enough calcium, phosphorous, and iron. These nutrients are helpful in strengthening of bones.
- When the crushed seeds of Chikoo are eaten, it helps to remove kidney and bladder stones because of its diuretic in nature.
Sapodilla Nutritional Values and Facts
Sapota is an easily digestible fruit. Due to presence of simple sugar and other compounds, it helps to revitalizes the body by replenishing energy. The nutritional facts of Chiku in 100 grams of the fruit are as: Calories (141 Kcal), Fat (1.9 grams), Carbohydrate (34 grams), Dietary Fibre (9 gram), Protein (0.75 gram), Water (132.6 grams), Calcium (35.7 mg), Iron (1.36 mg), Magnesium ( 20.4 mg), Phosphorous (20.4 mg), Potassium ( 328.1 mg), vitamin C (24.99 mg), Niacin (0.34 mg), Pantothenic acid (0.43 mg), Folate (23.8 mcg), Vitamin A ( 102 mg), Vitamin E (0.43 mg)Health Benefits of Chiku (Sapodilla)