Asthma introduction-a short story
Asthma is a very dreadful disease wherein the entire family faced the music of its consequences. I have personally observed the pathetic condition of one of my neighbors who were suffering from this respiratory inflammation. His breathlessness, chest ache, wheezing, aging factor, etc., compels his family members to call the doctor now and then. However, the outcome of treatment was not satisfactory as desired. Fortunately, one of the villagers suggested him to try Ayurveda medicines. Following the ayurvedic advice, a new hope of life emerge in his asthmatic condition and overall his health wellbeing.
Some of the prominent symptoms of this horrible disease are
- Prolonged expiration
- Fast heart rate
- Cough and cold
- Throat itching
Causes of asthma
- Allergens viz. house dust, cockroaches, tobacco smoke
- Hypersensitivity towards grass, pollens, hair, lint, and grains.
- Weather fluctuation
Top 10 ayurvedic medicines for asthma
- Cloves & honey: The mix of cloves, honey, and peel banana is powerful ayurvedic formulations for patients with bronchitis. It also helps to strengthen the lungs.
- Ajwain&Tulsi: In the case of expectorant, the mix of ajwain, tulsi, pepper, and ginger can be taken as herbal tea.
- Pepper & honey: The mix of pepper and honey is wonderful in easing of asthmatic symptoms. When onion juice is added to this mix, it helps to minimize congestion and breathlessness.
- Nightshade: The juice of yellow berried nightshade (7 to 10 ml) may be taken twice a day to relieve and ease bronchial allergies.
- Vasa: Vasa is a unique ayurvedic medicinal herb, which has a greater impact in controlling bronchitis. It is also a boon for cough remedy.
- Turmeric: The asthmatic patient can take turmeric lukewarm water both in the morning and evening. The regular use of it is extremely beneficial not only for asthma, in fact for chronic one too. Because of its medicinal benefits, it is also known as a bronchial herb.
- Glycyrrhiza glabra: This medicinal plant is good for the health of the entire respiratory tract. It also helps to calm down the inflammation and ensure to prevent airways obstruction.
- Nagar &Bharangi: The mix of Nagar &Bharangi is good to overcome the asthmatic triggers. To reduce this, one has to take, 2-3 grams of this mix along with lukewarm water twice or thrice a day.
- SitopladiChurna and liquorices: In case of severe bronchitis, it is suggested that one should take the formulation of SitopladiChurna, liquorices, borax powder, and honey. It may be taken thrice a day.
- Ephedra: The asthmatic patients should take the solution of Ephedra as it helps to clear the respiratory congestion thereby good relief to asthmatic person.
Top 10 facts of asthma
- Asthmatic attacks are more common in the morning and night.
- In severe conditions, the face of the patient gets blue.
- About 2.5 lakh people die every year due to this disease.
- About 8.3% of Americans are having asthma.
- It is more prevalent in children than adults and more women are affected than males.
- The economic burden on the government exchequer is about $56 billion annually.
- The most common allergens are pollen, dust, and mite.
- Asthma is hereditary too.
- One of the widely used medications to control asthma is inhaled corticosteroids.
- Besides Ayurveda, it can also be prevented by yoga.
Top 10 tips to cure asthma naturally
- Rubbing of mustard and sesame oil in the chest loosen the phlegm, eases breathing and relief.
- Lukewarm water should be taken on a regular basis if one feels dry. Especially, it should be preferred before and after a meal.
- Chewing of chebulicmyroblan fruit is beneficial in asthmatic attacks.
- The use of garlic reduces the asthmatic severity.
- Ginger should be taken in case of asthma. However, if somebody has an expectorant feature, it is more beneficial for them. Ginger tea with garlic cloves helps to reduce the symptoms.
- The mix of gooseberry and honey provides instant relief to the patient.
- Honey inhaling and steam inhalation are good to clear the breathing tract.
- Figs can be taken as these provide comfort by draining off the phlegm.
- Lemon juice is good to reduce the severity of asthma.
- Chewing basil leaves are also effective.
Top 10 prevention tips for asthma
- Asthmatic triggers viz. pollutants, dust, smoke, medications, and pollen are the best enemies for asthma. Therefore, one should try to least expose of these.
- Avoid sugar, pickles, ice cream, cold drinks, curds etc. as all these help in phlegm formation.
- Spicy foods should be avoided.
- Keep away from cold and damp places.
- Avoid dusty areas too.
- Smoking invites severity, acuteness, and chronicity.
- Air conditioners and coolers are also harmful.
- Evade perfumes, repellents, deodorants, aftershave, and air fresheners.
- Wash your mattresses regularly.
- Avoid cleaning of house through broom.