Asthma introduction-a short story
Asthma is a very dreadful disease wherein the entire family faced the music of its consequences. I have personally observed the pathetic condition of one my neighbors who were suffering of this respiratory inflammation. His breathlessness, chest ache, wheezing, ageing factor, etc., compels his family members to call the doctor now and then. However, the outcome of treatment was not satisfactory as desired. Fortunately, one of the villagers suggested him to try ayurveda medicines. Following the ayurvedic advices, a new hope of life emerge in his asthmatic condition and overall his health wellbeing.
Some of the prominent symptoms of this horrible disease are
- Prolonged expiration
- Fast heart rate
- Cough and cold
- Throat itching
Causes of asthma
- Allergens viz. house dust, cockroaches, tobacco smoke
- Hypersensitivity towards grass, pollens, hair, lint and grains.
- Weather fluctuation
Top 10 ayurvedic medicines for asthma
- Cloves & honey: The mix of cloves, honey and peel banana is powerful ayurvedic formulations for the patients of bronchitis. It also helps to strengthen the lungs.
- Ajwain&Tulsi: In case of expectorant, the mix of ajwain, tulsi, pepper and ginger can be taken as herbal tea.
- Pepper & honey: The mix of pepper and honey is wonderful in easing of asthmatic symptoms. When onion juice is added to this mix, it helps to minimize congestion and breathlessness.
- Nightshade: The juice of yellow berried night shade (7 to 10 ml) may be taken twice a day to relieve and ease from bronchial allergies.
- Vasa: Vasa is a unique ayurvedic medicinal herb, which has greater impact in controlling of bronchitis. It is also a boon for cough remedy.
- Turmeric: The asthmatic patient can take turmeric lukewarm water both in the morning and evening. The regular use of it is extremely beneficial not only for asthma, in fact of chronic one too. Because of its medicinal benefits, it is also known as bronchial herb.
- Glycyrrhiza glabra: This medicinal plant is good for the health of entire respiratory tract. It also helps to calm down the inflammation and ensure to prevent airways obstruction.
- Nagar &Bharangi: The mix of Nagar &Bharangi is good to overcome the asthmatic triggers. To reduce this, one has to take, 2-3 gram of this mix along with lukewarm water twice or thrice a day.
- SitopladiChurna and liquorices: In case of severe bronchitis, it is suggested that one should take the formulation of SitopladiChurna, liquorices, borax powder and honey. It may be taken thrice a day.
- Ephedra: The asthmatic patients should take the solution of Ephedra as it helps to clear the respiratory congestion thereby good relief to asthmatic person.
Top 10 facts of asthma
- Asthmatic attacks are more common in the morning and night.
- In severe conditions, the face of the patient gets blue.
- About 2.5 lakh people die every year due to this disease.
- About 8.3% American are having asthma.
- It is more prevalent in children than adults and more women are affected than male.
- The economic burden on the government exchequer is about $56 billion annually.
- The most common allergens are pollen, dust and mite.
- Asthma is hereditary too.
- One of the widely used medications to control asthma is inhaled corticosteroids.
- Besides Ayurveda, it can also be prevented by yoga.
Top 10 tips to cure asthma naturally
- Rubbing of mustard and sesame oilin the chest loosen the phlegm, eases breathing and relief.
- Lukewarm water should be taken on regular basis if one feels dryness. Especially, it should be preferred before and after meal.
- Chewing of chebulicmyroblan fruit is beneficial in asthmatic attack.
- The use of garlic reduces the asthmatic severity.
- Ginger should be taken in case of asthma. However, if somebody has expectorant feature, it is more beneficial for them. Ginger tea with garlic cloves helps to reduce the symptoms.
- The mix of gooseberry and honey provides instant relief to the patient.
- Honey inhaling and steam inhalation are good to clear the breathing tract.
- Figs can be taken as these provide comfort by draining off the phlegm.
- Lemon juice is good to reduce the severity of asthma.
- Chewing basil leaves are also effective.
Top 10 prevention tips for asthma
- Asthmatic triggers viz. pollutants, dust, smoke, medications and pollen are best enemy for asthma. Therefore, on should try to least expose of these.
- Avoid sugar, pickles, ice cream, cold drinks, curds etc. as all these help in phlegm formation.
- Spicy foods should be avoided.
- Keep away from cold and damp places.
- Avoid dusty area too.
- Smoking invites severity, acuteness and chronicity.
- Air conditioners and coolers are also harmful.
- Evade perfumes, repellents, deodorants, aftershave and air fresheners.
- Wash your mattresses regularly.
- Avoid cleaning of house through broom.