Natural ways to relieve pain
There is a large perception among the people that for any type of pain, our first impulse is to bring a pill. But taking the pill on a habitual basis may also invite the risk of side effects, drug interactions, inflammations, addiction, and other health issues. In such a scenario, the trying of alternative mode is one of the apt strategies to be followed. There are many natural painkillers, which help to relieve pain naturally. These herbal remedies for natural pain relief are without any side effects and health issues.
Best 10 surprising natural painkillers
- Turmeric as a painkiller: Turmeric is known for its multi-purpose medicinal uses and health benefits. Turmeric is not only a popular spice in the kitchen but also has great significance as a painkiller. If somebody is suffering from bleeding and having acute pain, it is recommended to take the mix of turmeric +Jaggery. Turmeric also acts as a painkiller and dissolves the clotted blood. It may be taken with vegetables or people also take it with milk.
- Cloves: Cloves are helpful in mitigating the problems of stomach and peptic ulcer pain as this helps to release mucous, which prevents stomach lining from digestive acids. Cloves are extremely beneficial if somebody has toothache pain. Using cloves rinse is effective to fight against plaque, gingivitis and other dental care and health and also useful to minimize inflammation.
- Kalonji (Black seeds): The mix of vinegar (1tbsp), Kalonji oil (½ tbsp) and honey (2tbsp) when using twice a day are helpful for joint pain and arthritis. The mix of vinegar (1tbsp) and Kalonji oil (½ tbsp) when applying on the affected area for two or three minutes and rinse the mouth, helps to relieve tooth pain and swelling of gums. The mix of sweet lime (1glass), honey (1 tbsp) and kalonji oil (½ tbsp), if taken twice a day, helps to ease stomach pain.
- Tamarind: When the mix of pulp, leaves, flowers are applied over swollen and painful joints, it provides instant relief. Tamarind leaves crush in water is used to treat inflamed part too.
- Curry leaves: The paste of curry leaves, turmeric and clarified butter may be applied when one feels burning sensation in limbs. For body pain, hot fomentation of curry leaves, turmeric and salt is advisable. The paste of curry leaves is applied locally in skin disorders such as ringworm.
- Holy Basil (Tulsi): This pious plant has many medicinal applications. Tulsi plant and its various parts are used in case of insect bite, fever, cardiac diseases, gynecological disorders, respiratory problems, skin disorders, etc. It is an effective painkiller. Tulsi juice prevents the formation of calcium oxalate in the kidney and has a painkiller effect as it reduces the impact of pain that causes due to stone in the kidney.
- Rapeseed oil & Bird cherry: The massage of the paste of rapeseeds oil is beneficial in Vata disorders to alleviate pain. The paste of bird cherry works well as a painkiller in Vata diseases. It reduces pain, swelling and burning sensation in vitiated conditions of Pitta.
- Fenugreek seeds: The paste prepared from the powder of fenugreek and mustard oil when applied on the pain area, is very effective in curing of localized pain. For preventing and reducing the symptoms of backache and body ache; the sweets of fenugreek are especially consumed during winter.
- Ginger for pain management: Ginger and ginger juice is very useful in the management of pain and relieving pain from different parts of the body. Ginger is used as a painkiller for toothache. Apply ginger juice in the area of tooth pain. Ginger juice is also applied on the forehead to reduce headaches. For the patient of rheumatoid arthritis, chewing of ginger is very useful to relieve pain and inflammation. A study was published in the Journal of Alternative Complementary Medicine showed that ginger is as effective as ibuprofen.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is full of health and medicinal benefits and has been used since the ancient times. Its home remedy is of greater significance and used in the remedy of multiple health conditions such as loss of appetite, indigestion including dental pain and joint pain. Cinnamon oil is effective in teeth pain. For this, soak the cotton swab in cinnamon oil and place it in the dental cavities. It not only reduces in fact minimizes the infections too. Chewing of Dalchini is also good to strengthen the teeth, refreshes the mouth and overcome with bad breath. On the other hand, the regular massage of cinnamon oil relieves the pain and swelling in joints.
Top 10 pain relief medicines
- Hydrocodone-combination (Vicodin)
- Oxycodone with acetaminophen
- Oxycodone HCL (generic OxyContin)
- Acetaminophen with codeine
- Morphine sulfate
- Hydromorphone HCL (generic Dilaudid)
- Oxymorphone HCL
Side effects of modern medicine
- There might be appearing of rashes.
- A high amount of Paracetamol can damage the liver.
- Excess of Acetaminophen can cause liver issues.
- Ibuprofen can cause stomach and kidney problems.
- Naproxen also can disorder the stomach.