Reflex points ensure easy detection of diseases thereby their cure. Acupressure or reflexology helps to ascertain the normal or abnormal functioning of different internal organs of the body by pressing certain reflex points in the hands, feet, and different parts of the body. Thus, pressing these points many ailments can be cured without any medicines and without any side effects.
How reflex point works
On providing pressure on the reflex points that one comes to know about the normal or abnormal functioning of an organ through the pinch of pain. It is thus clear that any spot in the reflex area representing a particular organ that hurts too severely on giving pressure is the proper reflex point for that organ. Generally, there is only one major reflex point for every organ but there can be more than one reflex point according to the size of the organ and nature of the problem.
Reflex points and areas on the human body
For different organs and body parts, the reflex points or the acupressure points are different. For a few of the body parts and organs, reflex points are being given below. By knowing these points, one can easily cure many diseases and disorders.
- Pituitary gland: Its reflex point exists in the center of both big toes.
- Pineal gland: Its reflex point is situated at the inner side towards the top of big toes and thumbs.
- Hypothalamus: Its reflex point is the same as that of the Pineal gland.
- Brain: Reflex points of the brain are located in the upper portion of tips of thumbs, big toes, fingers, and toes.
- Spine: On the inner side of both feet and both hands.
- Thyroid gland: The reflex area of the thyroid gland is situated at the base of both the big toes and the base of both thumbs.
- Eyes: The reflex points of eyes are situated beneath the second and third toe in feet and at the base of the first (index) and second finger in hands.
- Ears: The reflex area of ears is located at the base of the fourth and fifth toe in feet and at the base of the third and little finger in hands.
- Heart: Its reflex area falls in the left foot and left hand, in the right foot and right hand between the shoulder line and diaphragm line.
- Lungs: The reflex points of lungs are situated in the upper side of the feet and hands between the shoulder line and diaphragm line.
- Liver: Its reflex points are found in the right foot and right hand between the diaphragm line and waistline.
- Gall Bladder: The acupressure points to treat gall bladder problems are lies in the right foot about
two fingers above the waistline.
- Stomach: Stomach related problems can be treated by knowing the reflex points situated in the left foot and left hand.
- Pancreas: The points to cure pancreatic associated problems like diabetes are located mostly in the left foot and left hand.
- Duodenum: The reflex area of the duodenum is located in both feet and both hands on the waistline.
- Spleen: Spleen’s reflex points are located on the left foot as well as the left hand.
- Kidney: The acupressure points of the kidney are located in both feet and hands midway between the diaphragm line and the waistline.
- Ureters: The reflex points of ureters are found in both feet and both hands between the waist and pelvic lines.
- Bladder: Its reflex point is situated in both feet where the heel starts. Similarly, it is found in both hands where the hand meets with the wrist.
- Small Intestine: The reflex area of the small intestine is situated in both feet and both hands from the waistline to the pelvic line.
- Colon: Its reflex point is situated in the right foot and right hand.
- Appendix: The reflex point of the appendix is located in the right foot and right hand, slightly above the pelvic line.
- Uterus and Prostrate: The reflex points of the uterus and prostate are situated over both feet on the inside of the ankles, midway on a straight line from the base of the heel to the ankle bone.
- Ovary: The reflex points of ovaries are located over both feet on the outside of the ankles, midway on a straight line from the base of the heel to the ankle bone.
- Fallopian tubes: The reflex points of fallopian tubes are situated over both feet across the top of the feet from one ankle bone.