Who is Kamlesh D. Patel?
Kamlesh Desaibhai Patel, also known as Daaji, is a world-famous spiritual raja yoga meditation teacher in the Sahaj Marg. He started heartfulness meditation at 19 and met his first Guru ‘Babuji’-the second leader in the heartfulness meditation lineage. He is the third president of the Shri Ram Chandra Mission since 2014. He was awarded Padma Bhushan for his outstanding contribution to spiritualism in 2023; He conducted numerous workshops in spirituality and meditation both in India and the USA. Not only this, but Daaji also devotes adequate time and energy to research in spirituality and consciousness and shares its findings through public engagements.
He was born on 28th September 1956 in Gujarat. He was a pharmacist and moved to New York, wherein he established a pharmaceutical business. Daaji gradually developed an interest in Raja yoga meditation. Ram Chandra, the founder of Shri Ram Chandra Mission, popularly known as Lalaji, the first Guru of the Heartfulness tradition, left a considerable impact on Patel’s life, and Daaji has devoted himself entirely to the mission since 2003. His wife’s name is Pratima Patel and having two sons.
Kamlesh D Patel and Sahaj Marg
He was associated with Sahaj Marg since 1976 under the leadership of Ram Chandra, the first president of the Shri Ram Chandra Mission (SRCM). He worked closely with the second president of SRCM -Parthasarthi Rajagopalachari (Chariji), and holds many key responsibilities in his regime. After, Chariji’s death, he became the full fledge president of SRCM in 2014, spreading the heartfulness movement worldwide.
Kamlesh D Patel’s Spirituality works.
Kamlesh D Patel travels worldwide and conducts spiritual and meditation raja yoga classes through the mission’s many centers and ashrams. He is also active in the raja yoga spirituality through newspapers, TV, radio, and other social media platforms. His idea of spiritualism revolves around the development of human beings and the expansion of human consciousness, primarily focusing on the youth. He is a great spiritual leader having the blend of the Eastern heart and Western mind. His teaching advocates scientific temperament in researching the physiological and genetic effects of meditation and yogic transmission. He believes that spirituality should go ahead with scientific methodology.
Kamlesh D Patel’s heartfulness meditation
Kamlesh D. Patel is the leading guru for the teachings on Heartfulness Meditation, which reflects a deep spirit of inquiry for spiritual traditions and scientific advancements. His incessant eagerness to spread heartfulness messages and to teach helps to nourish today’s youth with practical self-management and universal values, wherein over 2,500 schools, universities, and colleges students are now benefitting. Free meditation training is being offered in 130 countries through retreat centers. Daaji’s motto is to spread heartfulness meditation to every household worldwide.
Daaji’s social media platforms
He actively promotes heartfulness meditation through his website, social media platforms, print, and digital media (TV and radio). Heartfulness trainers and meditation are available on the Let’s Meditate app too.
- Twitter: @kamleshdaaji
- Instagram: kamleshdaaji
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/kamleshdaaji/
- He was awarded Padma Bhushan for his outstanding contribution to spiritualism in 2023.
- Honorary doctorate from Sri Venkateswara University, 2018.
- Ramkrishna Bajaj Memorial Global Award, 2020
- The Heartfulness Way
- Designing Destiny
- The Wisdom Bridge
Top facts about Shri Ram Chandra Mission
- Shri Ram Chandra Mission (Heartfulness Organizations) came into existence in 1945.
- The Mission is a non-profit spiritual organization worldwide in over 160 countries.
- 20 million seekers and growing
- 3000+ training centers globally
- Works with consultative status as an NGO with the United Nations Department of Public Information. (UNDPI)
- Kanha Shantivanam – World HQ of Heartfulness with the World’s largest meditation hall. Awarded the Platinum award by Indian Green Building Council.
- Heartfulness Learning Centres (schools) in India provide quality education for children worldwide.
- The organization does not charge any fees for their spiritual training.
What is Heartfulness meditation?
The Heartfulness (Sahaj Marg paddhati) is a secular, simple and subtle practice of Raja yoga that connects each of us to inner wellness and peace. Through thousands of global centres and their applications, it is offered to the world as a daily practice that awakens our potential for a simple, joyful, balanced sattvic existence. This precious gift of human transformation is offered selflessly by organization volunteers through several multimedia and grassroots outreach programs. It is known for its ideal of “unity,” that is the very meaning of the word “Yoga” on several levels.
- Contribution to the body of knowledge of Yoga.
- Contribution to promoting yoga to the masses as a means for mental, physical, and spiritual health.
- Impact on Society by way of strengthening spiritual and ethical values.