Diabetes is not a disease; it is a condition characterised by excess flow of urine associated with sugar elimination. Diabetes gradually engulfs the patient slowly and secretly without showing its symptoms for a more extended period. Diabetes is more common in men than women. Due to our faulty lifestyle, it is attacking the age group of 40-50 and the youth. There are many natural food items which are helpful in the prevention, control, management, and treatment of diabetes.
- Sugar in blood and urine is a sure sign of diabetes.
- Excessive thirst
- Frequent passing of urine
- Frequent appearance of boils
- Wounds not healing
- Pain in the feet
- Poor eyesight
- Weakness due to an increase in sugar levels
- Higher blood pressure
- Dry skin
Best natural treatment for diabetes
Suppose you want to get rid of diabetes, besides exercises and yoga. In that case, you can take the below-given foods, which are beneficial in the treatment, extended periods of prevention and control of diabetes.
- Lemon: Taking lemon water is quite beneficial in diabetes. It improves blood sugar control, thereby protecting blood vessels by preventing cholesterol deposition.
- Orange: An orange a day is okay for a diabetic patient. Oranges help to manage the sugar level. The orange peel should be dried in the shade and ground into powder. Boil four tsp. of it in water, strain, and drink it daily.
- Mango: Eating mangoes with diabetes is prohibited. But the mixed juice of mango and rose apple in equal quantities taken regularly for a few days will help to cure diabetes.
- Amla: Fresh Amla juice mixed with honey prevents diabetes.
- Rose apple: A diabetic patient should take rose apples daily. In homoeopathy, the juice of rose apple, Cegium Jambolinum, is used to cure diabetes. 1 tsp. The churan of rose apple kernel taken daily in the evening with water fixes the problem of sugar in the urine. Grind dried rose apple kernel and bitter gourd in equal quantity. Take a tsp. of it with water twice a day.
- Tomato: Tomatoes are very beneficial for patients with diabetes. It gradually reduces the sugar in the urine. They are also helpful in other urinary diseases.
- Carrots: Take mixed juice of carrots (310 gms.) and spinach (185 gms.).
- Radish: It is beneficial for people with diabetes. Its juice is also helpful.
- Bitter gourd: Take 15 ml. of the bitter gourd juice mixed with 100 litres of water thrice daily for three months. Also, eat bitter gourd as a cooked vegetable. Taking six gms. A Pier of bitter gourd dried in the shade once daily will relieve sugar in the urine. Boil 250 gms. of bitter gourd in 1 litre of water. When it is reduced to half the quantity, strain and drink it.
- Ladyfinger: Cut the stems of the lady’s fingers and dry them in the shade. Grind it into a fine powder and sieve it. Mix sugar candy in equal quantity and take 1 tsp. Of it with cool water
daily in the morning on an empty stomach. It will cure diabetes. This has been corroborated by the experience of patients who have benefited from it.
- Turnip: Diabetics should regularly eat the vegetable of turnip.
- Wheat: The juice of wheatgrass is beneficial in diabetes.
- Fenugreek: The use of fenugreek seeds cures diabetes. Its origins reduce the amount of sugar in the blood. They also reduce the sugar in the urine by 65 per cent. Its effect can be
noticed within ten days. Taking fenugreek seeds with water 15 minutes before the meals is quite beneficial. Its dose varies from 25 to 100 gms. It can be taken in any form–cooked as a vegetable with water, in powdered form mixed with wheat flour and baked as chapatis, with rice, pulses, chutney, or powder mixed in milk or water. Continue its use as long urine contains sugar. It not only reduces the sugar but also lowers the cholesterol. When using fenugreek seeds, gradually reduce the intake of medicines for diabetes and finally stop them altogether. Soak 60 gms. of finely ground fenugreek seeds in six water. Strain and drink it after twelve hours. Take it twice daily in the morning and evening for 6 weeks to cure diabetes.
Also, eat fenugreek leaves cooked as a vegetable along with it.
- Gram: Soak 28 gms of black gram overnight in milk and eat it the following morning. Also, mix black gram and barley in equal quantities and grind it. Use this flour to prepare chapatis and eat them in the morning and evening. Eating chapatis made of besan for ten days stops the passage of sugar with urine.
- Turmeric: If there is frequent and excessive urine flow and you feel thirsty, take eight gms. Of turmeric powder twice daily with water. It will prove beneficial.
- Honey: When you want to eat something sweet, take a little honey instead of sugar. It will check diabetes and save you from chronic diseases of the kidney. Take love only to satisfy your urge to eat something sweet. Otherwise, it should not be taken.
- Dates: In diabetes and other diseases where sugar is harmful but you have a strong urge to eat it, you may eat dates in small quantities.
- The patient should consume more green vegetables, Daal and curd. Bitter gourd (raw or cooked as a vegetable) and rose apple are beneficial.
- Taking Triphala Churan is beneficial.
- Diabetes causes weakness in the body. Eat raw or tender coconut to gain energy. Also, take cashews, groundnuts, and walnuts soaked in water. Taking curd, buttermilk, and soybean is also beneficial.
- Diabetics should not eat sweet food items such as sugar, jaggery, sugar candy, sweet fruits, rice, and products made of refined flour (maida).
- If diabetes is not under control, do not eat wheat flour chappati alone; mix it with barley and gram (3 kg. barley, 1 kg. wheat, and 1 kg. gram and grind it).
- Diabetic patients should observe fast on every seventh day. They should take only fruits, vegetables, and lemon water without sugar on a fast day. They should not eat anything else.
- Processed foods should be avoided.
- White bread and French fries should strictly be skipped.