Immunity is a natural component, which can boost by following natural lifestyles. Natural means and ways are widespread that help to increase immunity thereby prevents you from the infections of the virus, bacteria, and other immunity-related diseases. Since the covid 19 pandemic is still perplexing the population due to its ferocity and unavailability of medicines, the entire focus is upon immunity enhancement through Ayurveda, home remedies, and other sources of alternative medicines. Here, we will discuss how to increase the immunity of the body naturally and quickly.
How to increase mucosal immunity?
- Do gargling with warm water and salt twice a day. It can also be done with Neem oil.
- If you want to reduce nasal congestion, dryness, and airway reactivity, it is recommended to use nasal irrigation with warm saline water followed by ghee application to nostrils.
- Jalneti (nasal cleansing yogic process) helps to remove dust and toxins from the airway thereby reduces airway reactivity.
- Aromatherapy by using peppermint oil, eucalyptus oil, and Tulsi helps to improve Mucosal Immunity.
- Yoga and breathing yogic practices help to improve the secretion of IgA levels and Salivary Beta 2 that boost mucosal immunity.
3 ways to improve innate immunity
There are some natural ways to boost immune homeostasis.
- A balanced diet comprising of plenty of fruits and vegetables should be given preference.
- To reduce oxidative stress, one should do intermittent fasting or lemon juice fasting once a week.
- Regular exercise improves blood circulation and immune homeostasis. This is quite effective in the case of combating allergies that are the source of various viral infections.
Wonder tips to reduce stress thereby boosts immunity
Stress is one of the biggest factors to increase the susceptibility to infections. However, there are some important tips, which ensure immunity boosters.
- Do yoga regularly.
- Pranayama viz. Nadishodhana, Bhramri and Sheetali are acts like as stress buster.
- Deep relaxation calming down the mind through meditation, decreases the level of cortisol and acetylcholine which typically increases during the body’s response to stress.
- Yoga nidra is also an effective tool to reduce stress thereby increasing the levels of immunity.
13 Amazing tips to boost immunity
- Lack of sleep increases the susceptibility to respiratory infections. Regular healthy sleep hygiene with 8hrs of sleep essential to modulate immunity.
- Walking for 30 minutes daily prevents respiratory infections. It also improves stamina and cardiorespiratory fitness.
- Steam inhalation with Tulsi, peppermint, and Eucalyptus oil helps to prevent cold, coryza, running nose, and nasal congestion. Nasal irrigation with warm saline water is also beneficial in this case.
- If somebody has a sore throat and hoarseness of voice, the person should use hot saline water gargle. Gargling with neem water decoction with honey also plays an important role. The mix of coriander, turmeric, and black pepper also gives great relief to a sore throat.
- Ginger contains 1,8 cineole, which is an anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, antitussive, and expectorant. Chewing ginger plays an important role to treat expectorant Cough.
- The eating of ginger along with honey, cloves, cinnamon, and turmeric are good for dry cough.
- If somebody has headaches, hot foot immersion and cold compress on the head should be given. Aromatherapy with Tulsi or lavender oils also plays an important role.
- In case of wheezing and chest congestion, Cold Chest Pack, Hot fomentation to the chest and upper back, and Hotfoot immersion should be used. Chair breathing helps to reduce respiratory effort. Steam inhalation with Tulsi or eucalyptus oil is also effective to get relief from chest congestion.
- If somebody is experiencing Malaise and Fatigue, food rich in plant proteins, Natural Vitamin C, glucose, and Vitamin D should be taken.
- The regular intake of lemon water with honey is helpful to boost immunity.
- Applying acupressure with the thumb on certain points of the body helps to enhance the immunity of the body. The acupressure points, which are act as immunity booster are LI-4, LI11, SP6, TW 5, CV17, ST36.
- Exposure to the sun in the morning hours is known to reduce stress and confer immunity by improving Vitamin D metabolism.
- In new research, it is found that suitable sleeping up to 7 to 8 hours helps to develop immunity. Sleep deprivation can affect immune function in several ways.
What to do to boost immunity?
- Drink plenty of warm water, if possible, take lukewarm water.
- Lemon or fresh citrus juices with honey or Jaggery is quite beneficial.
- Add spices viz. Jeera, turmeric, Ajwain, Cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, etc. in your daily diet to prevent allergies, cough & cold and gradually enhancing the immunity of the body.
- If you are infected with viral flu and infections, it is better to focus upon foods i.e. Dhalia, Idly, and Kichdi, which are low on oils and fats
- It is better to prefer protein and fiber-rich foods.
- Eat plenty of colored fruits and vegetables.
- Consume alkaline-rich foods.
- Have Zinc and Selenium rich foods such as oats, spinach, beans, milk, cheese, pumpkin seeds, cashews etc.
- Drink at least one glass of yogurt per day to improve gut flora.
What to avoid to boost immunity?
- To maintain immunity, it is recommended to avoid cold beverages, canned juices, aerated drinks, and coffee.
- Refined sugar not only reduces the immunity of the body, yet it also invites many diseases and disorders.
- It is better to avoid confectionery and bakery products.
- Avoid sweets, chocolates, and ice creams.
- Reduces the uses of oily and junk foods.
- The use of salt and maida should also be minimized.
- Reduce the amount of trans and omega 6 fatty acids in the diet.
- Alcohol and smoking should also be avoided.