Ginger is beneficial for the treatment of many diseases. Ginger is an excellent home remedy, having enormous medicinal value and curing many ailments. Ginger is abundant with nutrients and provides spice flavor to your dishes. As far as drinking ginger juice is concerned, one can take one or half a spoon as the physician recommends. Since wellness and natural therapy are in high demand, ginger is also used for treatments such as naturopathy, herbal medicine, spa, aromatherapy, etc.
12 Good Benefits of Ginger Juice
1. Ginger in cancer prevention
- Eating of ginger shows relief in overcoming problems related to ovarian cancer.
- It has been observed that ginger is more effective than allopathic drugs in combating cancer.
- A study has been conducted at the University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Centre wherein it has been found that ginger kills ovarian cancer cells.
- It is also beneficial for cancers like colon, bowel, and colorectal cancer.
- In new research also found that eating ginger helps suppress the growth of breast cancer cells.
- The chemicals gingerols in ginger inhibits the growth of human colorectal cancer as per the study conducted at the University of Minnesota’s Hormel Institute.
2. Incredible benefits of ginger for sexual excitement
- Ginger is an essential ayurvedic medicinal herbal product that can be used to correct erectile dysfunction.
- It helps to increase sexual excitement and sperm count too.
- The tea, ginger, and honey mix have an aphrodisiac effect, is used as an anti-impotence drug.
- For a person with the issue of impotence or erectile dysfunction, it is recommended to take a mix of ginger, honey, and a half-boiled egg for a fortnight.
3. Cough prevention and treatment
- For the person having Common Cold and Cough, Ginger powder plays an important role as a home remedy for its treatment.
- Ginger powder (1 gm) can be taken a day thrice with warm water, eases in throat irritation.
- Ginger tea is helpful in the treatment of sore throat, itchiness, coughing, and nasal passage congestion.
- Ginger juice with honey may be taken in case of cough and throat problems, and also removes irritants from lower airways.
- Ginger vapor in water, when inhaled, helps to clear foreign particles and fluids.
- The ginger powder + clove + cinnamon powder + honey helps thin the mucus in the throat.
4. Ginger manages chronic pain
- Ginger and ginger juice is very useful in the prevention and management of pain and also gives relief from body pain.
- Ginger is used as a pain killer for toothache. Apply ginger juice to the area of tooth pain.
- Ginger juice is applied on the forehead to reduce headaches.
- For Those who are facing rheumatoid arthritis, chewing ginger is helpful to relieve pain and inflammation.
- research conducted in the Journal of Alternative Complementary Medicine has shown that ginger is as effective as ibuprofen.
Headache is generally caused by overstressing or being overworked. Headache is a common phenomenon in the urban culture, where a large section of society is associated with white-collar jobs.
- Ginger is a necessary natural home remedy to treat headaches and migraines.
- A person, who experiences regular headaches, should take ginger tea.
- Ginger juice may also be applied to the forehead to overcome migraines and headaches.
- It provides relief from migraines by stopping prostaglandins.
6. Stomach pain
- For Stomach pain, the ginger powder and sugar mix are very effective.
- Taking 2 grams of the dose in warm water is beneficial in treating stomach pain.
- Ginger extract is a natural analgesic and helpful in abdominal pain.
- The ginger extract is also used for digestive and gastrointestinal disorders.
- Ginger is an effective treatment for asthma if it is taken with honey, warm water, and black pepper.
- Ginger and its juice are some of the best home remedies for respiratory problems.
- Ginger juice opens the bronchial tubes, and honey provides a soothing effect on the throat.
- The mix of ginger juice + fenugreek decoction +honey is an effective expectorant and very useful for the treatment of Asthma.
Also read: 7 Easy Ways to Treat Asthma in 7 Days.
8. Ginger for singers and actors
- It is one of the best home remedies for singers and actors who generally face sore throats due to their hectic schedules.
- It is advisable to take one gm. of crystallized ginger and honey.
- It helps to give clarity to voice and keeps away from infection throat.
- Sore throat problems are also cured when cinnamon, ginger, and honey are mixed with warm water and drunk.
9. Morning Sickness
- Morning Sickness is characterized by tiredness, laziness, and fatigue.
- Ginger juice and honey are effective medicine to cure morning sickness symptoms.
- Some studies have also concluded ginger is as effective as vitamin B6 in managing morning sickness.
- Ginger juices ease digestion. In the case of indigestion, ginger is effective if it is taken with medicated ghee and lime juice. The dose should be 2-3 grams.
- When ginger is used with a meal, it is instrumental in digestion, reduces chest burns and checks the feeling of vomiting.
- Ginger contains volatile oils such as gingerols and schools, stimulating the digestive enzymes, thereby helping digestion.
- Ginger is an excellent medicine for eliminating and managing intestinal gas.
- Ginger works well against inflammation of different arthritis-osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis due to the presence of anti-inflammatory compounds called gingerols.
- Ginger is used as a powerful natural remedy for different muscular disorders.
- For all these types of disorders, it is suggested to consume ginger regularly.
- Ginger is also used as anti burning and anti-oxidant.
12. Boosting Immunity
- Taking ginger juice helps detoxify the boy and aids in boosting the immune system.
- Ginger juice assists in producing dermcidin, an anti-bacterial agent that protects the body from bacteria, fungus, and other infections.
- Drinking ginger juice on cold days helps against colds and flu.
- Mix ginger and water boiled for some time.
- The soup may be taken in the rainy season to avoid infectious diseases like Dysentery, Cholera, etc.
- It is also helpful in developing resistance against microbes.