Ginger is beneficial for the treatment of many diseases and disorders. Ginger is a wonder home remedy, having enormous medicinal values as well as curing many ailments.
Top 12 Benefits of Ginger
1. How Ginger is Good for Cancer?
- The eating of ginger shows relief in overcoming the problems related to ovarian cancer.
- It has been observed that ginger is more effective than allopathic drugs in combating cancer.
- A study has been conducted at the University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Centre wherein it has been found that ginger kills ovarian cancer cells.
- It is also beneficial for different cancers like colon, bowel and colorectal.
- In a newly research, it has also found that eating of ginger helps to suppress the growth of breast cancer cells.
- The chemicals gingerols in ginger inhibits the growth of human colorectal cancer as per the study conducted at University of Minnesota’s Hormel Institute.
2. Ginger for Sexual Excitement
- Ginger is a very important ayurvedic medicinal herbal product that can be used to correct erectile dysfunction.
- It helps to increase sexual excitement and the sperm count too.
- The mix of tea, ginger, and honey is having an aphrodisiac effect and used as an anti-impotence drug.
- For a person who is having the issue of impotence or erectile dysfunction; it is recommended to take the mix of ginger, honey and half boiled egg for a fortnight.
3. Ginger prevents Cold & Cough
- The person who is having Common Cold and Cough, Ginger powder plays an important role as a home remedy here.
- Ginger powder (1 gm) may be taken thrice a day with warm water.
- Ginger tea is helpful in the treatment of sore throat, itchiness, coughing, and nasal passage congestion.
- Ginger juice with honey may be taken in case of cough and throat problems.
- Ginger vapor in water when inhale helps to cure cold.
- The mix of ginger powder + clove + cinnamon powder + honey helps to ease cough.
4. Ginger for pain management
- Ginger and ginger juice is very useful in the prevention and management of pain and also gives relief from body pain.
- Ginger is used as a pain killer for toothache. Apply ginger juice in the area of tooth pain.
- Ginger juice is applied on the forehead to reduce headaches.
- Those who are facing rheumatoid arthritis; chewing of ginger is useful to relieve pain and inflammation.
- A research conducted in the Journal of Alternative Complementary Medicine wherein it has been shown that ginger is as effective as ibuprofen.
5. Ginger for headache treatment
Headache is generally caused after over-stress or overworked. Headache is common phenomenon in the urban culture where large section of the society are associated with white collar job.
- Ginger is an important natural home remedy for the treatment of headache and migraines.
- A person, who experiences regular headaches, should take ginger tea.
- Ginger juice may also be applied on the forehead to overcome migraine and headache.
- It provides relief from migraines by stopping prostaglandins.
6. Ginger cures stomach pain
- For Stomach pain, the mix of ginger powder and sugar is very effective.
- Taking 2 grams of the dose in a glass of warm water is beneficial in treating of stomach pain.
- Ginger extract is a natural analgesic, and helpful in abdominal pain.
- The ginger extract is also used for digestive and gastrointestinal disorders.
7. Asthma treatment through ginger
- Ginger is an effective treatment for asthma if it is taken with honey, warm water, and black pepper.
- Ginger and its juice are some of the best home remedies used for respiratory problems.
- Ginger juice opens the bronchial tubes and honey gives a soothing effect to the throat.
- The mix of ginger juice + fenugreek decoction +honey is an effective expectorant and very useful for the treatment of Asthma.
8. Ginger for singers and actors
- It is one of the best home remedies for singers and actors who generally face sore throat due to their hectic schedule.
- It is advisable to take 1 gm. of crystallized ginger along with honey.
- It helps to give clarity to voice and keeps away from infection throat.
- Sore throat problems are also cured when cinnamon, ginger, and honey is mixed with warm water and drink.
9. Ginger removes Morning Sickness
- Morning Sickness is characterized by tiredness, laziness, and fatigue.
- Ginger juice and honey are effective medicine to cure morning sickness symptoms.
- Some studies have also concluded that ginger is as effective as vitamin B6 in the management of morning sickness.
10. Ginger Good for Digestion
- Ginger juices ease digestion. In the case of indigestion, ginger is effective if it is taken with medicated ghee along with lime juice. The dose should be 2-3 grams.
- When ginger is used with a meal, is very useful in the digestion process, reduces chest burns, and checks the feeling of vomiting.
- Ginger contains volatile oils such as gingerols and shogaols which stimulate the digestive enzymes thereby helps digestion.
- Ginger is an excellent medicine for the elimination and management of intestinal gas.
11. Manage Arthritis through Ginger
- Ginger works well against inflammation of different forms of arthritis-osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis due to the presence of anti-inflammatory compounds called gingerols.
- Ginger is used as a powerful natural remedy for different muscular disorders.
- For all these types of disorders, it is suggested to consume ginger regularly.
- Ginger is also used as anti burning and anti-oxidant.
12. Ginger for Boosting Immunity
- Taking ginger juice helps in the detoxification of the boy, aids in boosting the immune system.
- Ginger juice assists in producing dermcidin, an anti-bacterial agent that protects the body from bacteria, fungus, and other infections.
- Drinking ginger juice on cold days helps against cold and flu.
- Mix of ginger and water is boiled for some time.
- The soup may be taken in the rainy season to avoid infectious diseases like Dysentery, Cholera, etc.
- It is also useful for developing resistance against microbes.