AYUSH ministry measures for covid-19
In the condition of the Covid 19 pandemic, the entire world is in shocked because of increasing number of corona cases and subsequently death. In spite of lakhs of death around the world, still no as such medicine developed to save the human life from this deadly virus. The people with weak immunity are more vulnerable to covid19. Thus, protecting oneself from the corona virus, boosting body’s immunity system is utmost important along with prevention. In Ayurveda, prevention has given greater importance. And we all know that prevention is better than cure. In the absence of covid 19 vaccine or medicine, the whole concentration is solely revolved around immunity of the body. AYUSH ministry recommends the following self-care guidelines for preventive health measures and boosting immunity with special reference to respiratory health.
Simple health tips to boost immunity
- Drink warm water throughout the day.
- Do Yogasana, Pranayama and meditation daily for at least 30 minutes.
- Use spices like Haldi (Turmeric), Jeera (Cumin), Dhaniya (Coriander) and Lahsun (Garlic) in cooking.
Ayurveda tips to boost immunity
- Take Chyavanprash 10gm or 1 tbsp in the morning. Diabetics should take sugar free Chyavanprash.
- Drink herbal tea (Kadha) made from Tulsi (Basil), Dalchini (Cinnamon), Kalimirch (Black pepper), Shunthi (Dry Ginger) and Munakka (Raisin) – once or twice a day. Add jaggery (natural sugar) and / or fresh lemon juice may be added if required.
- Golden Milk- Half tea spoon turmeric powder in 150 ml hot milk – once or twice a day.
- Nasal application – Apply sesame oil / coconut oil or Ghee in both the nostrils (Pratimarsh Nasya) in morning and evening.
- Oil pulling therapy- Take 1 table spoon sesame or coconut oil in mouth. Do not drink, Swish in the mouth for 2 to 3 minutes and spit it off followed by warm water rinse. This can be done once or twice a day.
- Steam inhalation with fresh Pudina (Mint) leaves or Ajwain (Caraway seeds) can be practiced once in a day for dry cough
- Lavang (Clove) powder mixed with natural sugar / honey can be taken 2-3 times a day in case of cough or throat irritation.
List of Ayurveda experts for covid19
There are the ayurveda experts who can be contacted regarding individual’s immunity against infections including covid 19
1. Padma Shri Vaidya P R Krishnakumar, Coimbatore
2. Padma Bhushan Vaidya Devendra Triguna, Delhi
3. Vaidya P M Varier, Kottakkal
4. Vaidya Jayant Devpujari, Nagpur
5. Vaidya Vinay Velankar, Thane
6. Vaidya B S Prasad, Belgaum
7. Padma Shri Vaidya Gurdeep Singh, Jamnagar
8. Acharya Balkrishna ji, Haridwar
9. Vaidya M S Baghel, Jaipur
10.Vaidya R B Dwivedi, Hardoi UP
11.Vaidya K N Dwivedi, Varanasi
12.Vaidya Rakesh Sharma, Chandigarh
13.Vaidya Abichal Chattopadhyay, Kolkata
14.Vaidya Tanuja Nesari, Delhi 1
5.Vaidya Sanjeev Sharma, Jaipur
16.Vaidya Anup Thakar, Jamnagar D
Turmeric to boost immunity
Turmeric is known as the wonder spice with countless health benefits and medicinal values. This yellow aromatic ingredient not only adds flavor and color to your dishes but also supports in building health. It has been traditionally used as a home remedy for ailments like cold, cough and congestion since the ancient times. The using of turmeric to your dishes or preparing tea, Latte, or Chutney with it can be a great way to strengthen the immunity of the body.
What is Ayush Sanjivani?
Ayush Sanjivani is an app developed by the ministry of AYUSH to provide support in the fight against covid19. Ayush Sanjivani is a mobile application for understanding the measures adopted by the public and to enhance their immunity during COVID-19 situation. It helps to analyze the impact of AYUSH advisories on immunity enhancement. The app will generate data on acceptance and usage of AYUSH advocacies and measures among the population and its impact in prevention of COVID 19.
How to make Ayush ministry’s Kadha to boost immunity?
AYUSH ministry’s Kadha can play a vital role to boost the immunity against infections, especially in the covid 19 pandemic. It is a time tested ayurvedic formulation, which is being used since the ancient time to ward off diseases.
This herbal tea / decoction (Kadha) made from Tulsi (Basil), Dalchini (Cinnamon), Kalimirch (Black pepper), Shunthi (Dry Ginger) and Munakka (Raisin). It may be taken once or twice a day. Add jaggery (natural sugar) and / or fresh lemon juice may be added if required. How to make Kadha? Take a full of glass of water and keep it on a bowl to boil it. Now add ½ tbsp of cinnamon, a pinch of black pepper powder, ¼ tbsp of powdered ginger, crushed raisin (5 pieces) and Tulsi leaves (4-5). Now, boil all these medicinal spices for 5-10 minutes. Now, Ayush Kadha is ready. Make it little bit cool and use the lukewarm extract as herbal tea. It is extremely beneficial to protect from infections thereby boosting the immunity of the body.
Ayush Kwath for boosting immunity
Ayush Kwath is a combination of four medicinal herbs viz.Tulsi, Dalchini, ginger and piper nigrum commonly used in the Indian kitchen. It can be consumed like tea or hot beverage daily as immunity booster.