Medicinal benefits of cynodon dactylon
Bermuda grass is known by many names, such as doob grass, durva grass, dog’s tooth grass, devil’s grass, conch grass, and Cynodon dactylon. It is named Dog’s Tooth Grass because dogs search these grasses for stomach ailments, hence the name. Cynodon dactylon is grown in tropical climates between 30° S and 30° N. Doob grass has many health and medicinal benefits. Durva grass is loaded with therapeutic uses that can be used as home remedies. Durva grass is used as an antiviral and antimicrobial. In India, Bermuda grass is considered a sacred plant, which has great significance in Ayurveda because of its medicinal and clinical properties.
Cynodon dactylon can be used in the case of many diseases. It is beneficial for wounds, piles, eczema, urticaria, injuries, eye problems, skin rashes, constipation, indigestion, constipation, mental debility, diabetes, epilepsy, vaginal problems, menstrual problems, gynaecological problems,
25 Surprising benefits of Cynodon dactylon
- Bermuda grass nutrition facts: Cynodon dactylon has many nutritional values. The bermudagrass is rich in calcium, phosphorous, potash, potassium, sodium, manganese, protein, enzymes, carbohydrates, fibre, flavonoids, and alkaloids.
- Doob grass for menstrual problems: Bermuda grass is effective in the case of prolonged menstrual durations. It is suggested that to control heavy menstrual periods, one has to take the juice of bermudagrass and honey 3-4 times a day.
- Bermuda grass for acidity: Durva grass is good at curing acidity. To treat the bite, one should take the juice of Cynodon dactylon (3-4 tsp) and water (1 glass) on an empty stomach in the morning. This mix is quite effective for acidity and beneficial for stomach ulcers, colitis, and stomach infections. For stomach pain, it is recommended that one should drink doob grass juice (3-4 tsp) and a little amount of ginger powder on an empty stomach in the morning. It increases the alkaline properties because of its alkaline nature and reduces acidity.
- Doob grass controls sugar: In recent research, it has been proved that Cynodon dactylon has a hypoglycemic effect, thus helpful in preventing blood sugar levels and reducing fatigue. Bermuda grass is also beneficial in preventing disorders and conditions associated with diabetes. Doob grass juice and neem leaf juice are suitable for normalising blood sugar levels. Even for chronic diabetes, drinking doob grass juice keeps the sugar levels in control. Drinking the juice on an empty stomach in the morning is good at normalising the sugar level.
- Bermuda grass for immunity: Doob grass enhances the body’s immunity. Cynodon dactylon contains a biochemical compound called Cynodon dactylon protein fractions (CDPF), which helps strengthen the body’s immunity. It is a readily available and affordable immune booster and energiser. CDPF promotes immune modulation by assisting the body in and optimising the immune system.
- Doob grass for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome: Bermuda grass is suitable for urinary tract infections. When the grass juice is taken with yoghurt shows a good result for those suffering from piles and vaginal discharge. Doob grass is an excellent herbal remedy for polycystic ovarian Syndrome (PCOS).
- Cynodon dactylon cures constipation: Doob grass helps cure stomach-related problems. Drinking the juice of durva grass with water helps detoxify the body by releasing toxins from the body. It is suitable for acidity and regular bowel movement, thereby beneficial for constipation. It promotes regular bowel movement.
- Bleeding of gums and Doob grass: Bermuda grass effectively cures oral-related health problems. It has an adequate amount of alkaloids called flavonoids, which acts against ulcer. Taking doob grass reduces the formation of phlegm and prevents gums-related problems. Durva grass strengthens the teeth. It helps fortify the teeth and removes foul odour from the mouth (halitosis).
- Skin rashes cure by Doob grass: Bermuda grass is antiseptic and anti-inflammatory. Paste of doob grass juice and turmeric powder is good for treating skin problems such as rashes, itching, eczema, leprosy, and scabies.
- Doob grass for RBC: Bermuda grass is suitable for anaemic patients as it helps form red blood cells (RBC) due to adequate chlorophyll.
- Bermuda grass for nerves: Doob grass is suitable for nerves. It helps to tone the nerves. Regular drinking of Cynodon dactylon juice is good for the nervous system.
- Cynodon dactylon for Obesity: Cynodon dactylon controls obesity and helps in weight loss. It is suggested that one should take juices of Bermuda grass twice a day to get good results. Prepare a decoction of conch grass (doob grass) (3tsp), black peppers (4-6 in no.), and a pinch of cumin. It is recommended that one should take it twice a day with coconut water or buttermilk.
- Bermuda grass for healthy beings: Doob grass has excellent medicinal properties. Its juices help to remove toxins from the body and act as a good detoxifier. It solves the problems related to muscle weakness and tones the nervous system. Thus, it is suitable for overall well-being.
- Doob grass for phlegm removal: Bermuda grass is good for preventing cold and helps to remove phlegm from the body.
- Cynodon dactylon for piles: Bermuda grass effectively cures piles and haemorrhoids. Boil the mix of doob grass (2tsp) and cow’s milk (1 cup) for 10 minutes on a low flame. Strain the mixture, and drink after cooling it.
- Bermuda grass for an eye infection: Applying the juice of Bermuda grass over the affected eye region is suitable for overcoming eye infections.
- Doob grass stops nose bleeding: If somebody is experiencing nose bleeding, Cynodon dactylon effectively prevents it. For this, one has to put two drops of doob grass juice on the bleeding nostril.
- Doob grass for stress management: Walking on the Bermuda grass relieves stress. One can also apply the Cynodon dactylon paste on the soles of the feet to get himself distressed.
- Edema and Bermuda grass: Take the decoction of Cynodon dactylon root (10ml) twice a day to have positive results in the case of Edema.
- Syphilis cure by Doob’s Grass: A mix is prepared from the dried powder of Bermuda grass (1/2 tsp) and boiled water (1 cup). Take the mixture twice a day to get rid of syphilis.
- Cynodon dactylon for diarrhoea: Prepare a decoction of watermelon (3 tsp) and conch grass (3 tsp). Take this mix half a cup twice a day to cure diarrhoea.
- Conch grass for wounds: Conch grass is an effective herbal remedy to heal injury. Make a paste of Bermuda grass (2 tsp) and garlic (1/2 tsp), and bandage it over the damage.
- Cynodon dactylon as a blood purifier: Make a decoction of Cynodon dactylon, betel, and black powder in the ratio 4:2:1. Drink 20 ml of the decoction daily.
- Cynodon dactylon prevents cold: Make a decoction of Cynodon dactylon, chirreta, and vetiver. Drink 30 ml of the decoction daily for a good result in cold and cough.
- Conch grass improves breast milk production