Medicinal benefits of cynodon dactylon
Bermuda grass is known by many names such as doob grass, durva grass, dog’s tooth grass, devil’s grass, conch grass, and Cynodon dactylon. It is named dog’s tooth grass because dogs search these grasses for stomach ailments, hence the name. Cynodon dactylon is grown in the tropical climate ranges between the latitude of 30° S and 30° N. Doob grass has many health as well as medicinal benefits. Durva grass is loaded with medicinal uses that can be used as home remedies. Durva grass is used as antiviral and antimicrobial. In India, Bermuda grass is considered a sacred plant, which has great significance in Ayurveda because of its medicinal as well as clinical properties.
Cynodon dactylon can be used in the case of many diseases. It is beneficial to wounds, piles, eczema, urticaria, injuries, eye problems, skin rashes, constipation, indigestion, constipation, mental debility, diabetes, epilepsy, vaginal problems, menstrual problems, gynecological problems,
25 Surprising benefits of Cynodon dactylon
- Bermuda grass nutrition facts: Cynodon dactylon has lots of nutritional values. The bermudagrass is rich in calcium, phosphorous, potash, potassium, sodium, manganese, protein, enzymes, carbohydrate, fiber, flavonoids, and alkaloids.
- Doob grass for menstrual problems: Bermuda grass is effective in the case of prolonged menstrual durations. It is suggested that to control heavy menstrual period, one has to take the juice of bermudagrass and honey 3-4 times a day.
- Bermuda grass for acidity: Durva grass is good at curing acidity. To treat acidity, one should take the juice of Cynodon dactylon (3-4 tsp) and water (1 glass) empty stomach in the morning. This mix is quite effective not only for acidity but also beneficial for stomach ulcers, colitis, and stomach infections. For stomach pain, it is recommended that one should drink doob grass juice (3-4 tsp) and a little amount of ginger powder empty stomach in the morning. It increases the alkaline properties because of its alkaline nature and reduces acidity.
- Doob grass controls sugar: In many recent types of research, it has been proved that Cynodon dactylon has a hypoglycemic effect thus helpful in controlling blood sugar levels and reduces fatigue. Bermuda grass is also beneficial in the prevention of disorders and conditions associated with diabetes. Doob grass juice along with neem leaf juice is good in normalizing blood sugar levels. Even for chronic diabetes, the drinking of doob grass juice keeps the sugar levels in control. Drinking the juice empty stomach in the morning is good at normalizing the sugar level.
- Bermuda grass for immunity: Doob grass is used to enhance the immunity of the body. Cynodon dactylon contains a biochemical compound called Cynodon dactylon protein fractions (CDPF), which helps to enhance the immunity of the body. It is an easily available and affordable immune booster and energizer. CDPF promotes immune-modulation by helping the body and optimizing the immune system.
- Doob grass for Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome: Bermuda grass is good for urinary tract infections. When the grass juice is taken with yogurt shows a good result for those who are suffering from piles and vaginal discharge. Doob grass is a good herbal remedy for Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS).
- Cynodon dactylon cures constipation: Doob grass is helpful in curing stomach related problems. Drinking the juice of durva grass with water is helpful to detoxify the body by releasing toxins from the body. It is good for acidity and normal bowel movement thereby beneficial for constipation. It promotes regular bowel movement.
- Bleeding of gums and Doob grass: Bermuda grass is effective in curing of oral related health problems. It has an adequate amount of alkaloids called flavonoids, which acts against ulcer. Taking of doob grass reduces the formation of phlegm and prevents gums related problems. Durva grass strengthens the teeth. It helps to fortify the teeth and good to remove bad odor from the mouth (halitosis).
- Skin rashes cure by Doob grass: Bermuda grass is antiseptic and anti-inflammatory in nature. The paste of doob grass juice and turmeric powder is good to cure skin problems such as skin rashes, itching, eczema, leprosy, and scabies.
- Doob grass for RBC: Bermuda grass is good for anemic patients as it helps in the formation of red blood cells (RBC) due to an adequate amount of chlorophyll.
- Bermuda grass for nerves: Doob grass is good for nerves. It helps to tone the nerves. Regular drinking of Cynodon dactylon juice is good for the nervous system.
- Cynodon dactylon for Obesity: Cynodon dactylon is good to control obesity and helps in weight loss. It is suggested that one should take juices of Bermuda grass twice a day to get good results. Prepare a decoction of conch grass (doob grass) (3tsp), black peppers (4-6 in no.), and a pinch of cumin. It is recommended that one should take it twice a day with coconut water or buttermilk.
- Bermuda grass for well being: Doob grass has wonderful medicinal properties. Its juices help to remove toxins from the body and acts as a good detoxifier. It solves the problems related to muscle weakness and tones the nervous system. Thus, it is good for overall wellbeing.
- Doob grass for phlegm removal: Bermuda grass is good to prevent cold and helps to remove phlegm from the body.
- Cynodon dactylon for piles: Bermuda grass is effective in curing piles and hemorrhoids. Boil the mix of doob grass (2tsp) and cow’s milk (1cup) for 10 minutes on a low flame. Strain the mixture, and drink after cooling it.
- Bermuda grass for an eye infection: Applying the juice of Bermuda grass over the affected eye region is good in overcoming eye infections.
- Doob grass stops nose bleeding: If somebody experiencing nose bleeding, Cynodon dactylon is effective in stopping it. For this, one has to put 2 drops of doob grass juice on the bleeding nostril.
- Doob grass for stress management: Walking on the Bermuda grass is a great stress reliever. One can also apply the Cynodon dactylon paste on the sole of the feet to get himself distress.
- Edema and Bermuda grass: Take the decoction of Cynodon dactylon root (10ml) twice a day to have positive results in the case of Edema.
- Syphilis cure by Doob’s grass: A mix is prepared from the dried powder of Bermuda grass (1/2 tsp) along with boil water (1 cup). Take the mix twice a day to get rid of syphilis.
- Cynodon dactylon for diarrhea: Prepare a decoction of watermelon (3 tsp) and conch grass (3 tsp). Take this mix half a cup twice a day to cure diarrhea.
- Conch grass for wounds: Conch grass is an effective herbal remedy to heal the wound. Make a paste of Bermuda grass (2tsp) and garlic (1/2 tsp), bandage it over the wound.
- Cynodon dactylon as a blood purifier: Make a decoction of Cynodon dactylon, betel, and black powder in the ratio of 4:2:1. Drink 20 ml of the decoction in a day.
- Cynodon dactylon prevents cold: Make a decoction of Cynodon dactylon, chirreta, and vetiver. Drink 30 ml of the decoction once a day for a good result in cold and cough.
- Conch grass improves breast milk production