What is malkangni?
Malkangni is one of the few ayurvedic herbs which enhances memory and intellect, nourishes brain cells, and helps to combat depression. Because of its huge therapeutic benefits, the medicinal herb is recommended in treating many mental and neurological disorders. As per Ayurvedic System, it is effective in treating nervous system weakness, nervine deficiency, and paralysis. The seeds of the plant stimulate the intellect
and sharpening the memory. It is common all over the hilly parts of the country.
Different names of malkangni
- English: Staff tree, Black oil tree, Climbing staff plant, Intellect tree
- Hindi: Malkangni, Malkauni, Maltangun, Malkakni, Malkamni
- Sanskrit: Jyotishmati, Peetataila, Katabhi, Kanguni, Pinya, Pidya, Agnimasha, Amruta, Avega, Dipta, Durmada, Gatida, Ingudi,
- Punjabi: Sankhu, Saraswati, Swaranlata, Triparni
Actions and Uses (Pharmacology and Therapeutics) of malkangni
- The use of malkangni helps to supply nutrition to the brain cells thereby makes it active and fresh.
- The oil of this herb acts as a pain killer and used in case of paralysis, sciatica, arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and gout.
- It is used in a steam inhalation to treat upper respiratory infections.
- Its oil is used in case of skin diseases, anorexia, facial paralysis, and diseases related to ligaments.
- It is used to treat the problems related to libido, penile erection, sexual disorders, and lack of sexual excitement.
- It is a very good cardiac tonic and is used for the treatment of low-
blood pressure, bradycardia, and heart block.
- Its oil is diuretic in nature. It also helps in difficult urination and frequent micturition in the case of prostate enlargement.
- It is used as a remedy for the treatment of abortion, miscarriage, and snake-bite.
- The oil has a potential therapeutic effect on migraines.
- In sleeplessness or insomnia, it is given in combination with Jatamansi and
Health benefits of malkangni
- Memory: The use of the ayurvedic herb helps to increase memory power and eyesight. Method: Take one part each of malkangni oil, cow’s ghee, and pure gandhak. Mix and take 120 mg on the first day and increase 120 mg daily for one
- Vigor and vitality: Method: Take one part each of malkangni oil, vachachuran (acoruscalamus), fresh butter, and three parts of pure gandhak. The mix helps to increase eyesight, libido, calmness, and strength.
- Mental disorders: To treat insanity, one can start taking one malkangni seed daily, in
increasing order for forty days or start taking one drop of its oil, in increasing
order till the fortieth day.
- Headache: Take a drop each of malkangni oil and almond oil. Put two drops from both of these oils on sugar if it is taken daily in an increasing order followed by milk for 40 days. It helps to relieve chronic headaches.
- Menstrual cycle: Take burnt leaves of celastruspaniculatus, flowers of Hibiscus Rosa, and water. If the first two are pounded in water and taken, it would be beneficial for those women who have lost their menses.
- Inflammation: Malkangni Seed: 1 seed on the first day and then start adding one seed each day till the fifteenth day. During this medicine, one should also massage the affected parts with this medicine. It is recommended in gout and arthritis.
- Intelligence Quotient (I.Q.): Take malkangni oil 15 drops on the first day,
30 drops on 2nd day, 45 drops on 3rd day and 60 drops on 4th day and so on continuously for 3 years. It is an effective increase in Intelligence Quotient.
- Memory tonic: Take malkangni seed (60 gm) and purified cow’s ghee (15 gm). First, clean the malkangni seeds and then fry it carefully in ghee. It
should not be burnt. Half a teaspoon of it may be taken in the early morning and evening with cold water regularly for 10 days. It sharpens the memory power.
- Throat infection: Take the mix of Malkangni, Devadaru, Haldi, Patha, Rasaunt, Yavakshar, and Pippali. Grind all together in equal parts and make a fine powder. Make a tablet with the help of honey. Allow chewing this tablet slowly and slowly. It is very beneficial for throat infections/disorders.
- Paralysis: Take the mix of Malkangni, (12 gm), Ratanjot (12 gm), Pippali (12 gm), Mussali black (60 gm), Ginger Dry (64 gm), and Jamalgota without giri (16 gm). Grind all together and make tablets of 125 mg with the help of water. Take two tablets morning and evening. It is beneficial in Paralysis.
- General Debility: Take the mix of Malkangni seeds (50 gm), Sugar (25 gm), and Cow’s milk (500 gm). Cook all together on a mild heat till the milk turned as ‘Khoya’, then triturate all and make a tablet of 500 mg. Take one tablet morning and evening with milk. This is very effective ‘in general weakness, particularly in sexual weakness.
- Nervine Tonic: Take the mix of Malkangni tail (60 gm), Terpentine Tai(60 gm), Rogan Mom ( 60 gm), Dhatura tail (60 gm), and Clove oil (12 gm). Mix all together well and rub gently on the male organ and wrap it with a piece of cotton and bandage it. It is also used for the treatment of convulsions, chorea, and conditions, which causes severe pain.
- Anti-Coagulant: Make the powder of Malkangni (1 kg), Gunjasafed (1 kg), Dhatura seed(2 kg), Clove (24 gm), and Jaiphal (24 gm). Make a coarse powder of all these items and prepare an oil. It should be taken in consultation with an ayurvedic physician.
- Anti-impotency Oil: Take the mix of Malkangni Seed(30 gm), Opium (12 gm), Bhang (12 gm), Clove (12 gm), Nutmeg (12 gm), Dalchini (12gm), Akarkara (12 gm), Lohbhan Kodia (12 gm), Onion seeds (12 gm) and Castor seed (12 gm). Now, massage it over the penile area. Do it initially for 30 days.
- Erectile Dysfunction: Take Malkangni oil(10 drops) and Satyajiwan oil(1 drop). Use it for a few days for a good results.
5 thoughts on “15 Surprising Health Benefits and Medicinal Uses of Malkangni (Celastrus Paniculatus)”
I’ve got raw celastrus paniculatus seeds which arrived opened during shipping. After removing the chaff how is the best way to clean the seeds before consuming? Want to remove germs and bacteria but how do we do this without destroying the integrity of the seed? I certainly don’t want to nuke them! Should i put in hot frying pan for a minute or 2?
soak in apple cider vinegar for 10 mins
use only as Raw to get more benefits.
Really the Right Answer , we agree with it.
Menstrual cycle: Take burnt leaves of celastruspaniculatus, flowers of Hibiscus Rosa, and water. If the first two are pounded in water and taken, it would be beneficial for those women who have lost their menses.