Svetakutaja (Wrightia tinctoria) is used as anthelmintic(to destroy parasitic worms), anodyne (painkiller), antipyretic ( fever), aphrodisiac(to stimulate sexual desire), astringent (skin related problems), carminative (gastric problems), depurative (removes wastes and toxins from the body). The ayurvedic herbs also help to pacify vitiated tridoshas, fever, stomach ache, skin diseases especially psoriasis and obesity, hair fall, cancer, etc.
- Svetakutaja (Wrightia tinctoria) is an important ayurvedic medicinal plant.
- Svetakutaja helps to pacify vitiated tridoshas, fever, stomach ache, skin diseases especially psoriasis and obesity, hair fall, cancer, etc.
- It is generally found in India and Southeast Asia.
- Leaves, bark, and seeds of this plant are used in preparations of Ayurvedic medicines.
- 777 oil is prepared from this plant, is world-famous for its medicinal benefits.
- Flowering & Fruiting: March to November
Everything you need to know about Wrightia tinctoria
- Svetakutaja introduction
- Surprising benefits of Svetakutaja (Wrightia tinctoria)
- Top 11 uses of Sweet Indrajao
- Medicinal properties Wrightia tinctoria
- Common names of Svetakutaja
- How to recognize dudhi ayurvedic herb
- Properties (Bioenergetic) of Wrightia tinctoria
Surprising benefits of Svetakutaja (Wrightia tinctoria)
- 777 Oil: The oil prepared from this medicinal plant is highly beneficial for dandruff and skin problems. It is worldwide famous for its medicinal benefits.
- Skin Glowing: The formulation of this plant helps in a reduction in the severity of the skin diseases, disappearance of lesions, reduction in surface area of skin, scaling, etc. thus makes the skin glow and smooth.
- Psoriasis: When coconut oil is mixed with crushed fresh leaves of Svetakutaja and kept the same in sunlight throughout the day, is useful for external application in psoriasis.
- Fever: The decoction prepared with the leaves and bark of this plant is useful in curing fever, diarrhea, abdominal pain, etc.
- Hair Fall: It has good effects to pacify the vitiated tridoshas. The medicinal plant is having anti-inflammatory and anti-dandruff properties, thus good for the health of hair.
- Vigor: If you want to develop your vigor and vitality, the sweets made of baked seeds of this medicinal herb is beneficial to improve vigor.
- Kidney Stone: The decoction prepared with the bark powder of Wrightia tinctoria is an effective remedy for kidney stones.
- Piles: Its bark is anti-dysenteric and anti-dropsical. Also used in treating piles.
- Bilious troubles: The formulation prepared from its bark and seed is used in flatulence and bilious troubles.
- Aphrodisiac: The plant parts have the power to stimulate sexual desire.
Top 11 uses of Sweet Indrajao
Svetakutaja (Wrightia tinctoria) or Ivory Wood Plant is known for its many important medicinal uses. The parts like leaves, seeds, and barks are used for various medicinal properties. Some of its important applications are being given below:
- Skin glowing
- Sore throat
- It is also used as anthelmintic(to destroy parasitic worms), anodyne (painkiller), antipyretic ( fever), aphrodisiac(to stimulate sexual desire), astringent (skin related problems), carminative (gastric problems), depurative (removes wastes and toxins from the body).
Medicinal properties Wrightia tinctoria
The plant has the following biochemical substances.
- It has anti-inflammatory and anti-dandruff properties.
Common names of Svetakutaja
- Hindi: Dudhi, Mitaindarjau Kapar
- English: Ivory wood, Sweet Indrajao, Pala indigo plant
- Marathi: Kalakuda
- Kannada: Kodamurki
- Malayalam: Aiyappala, Dandappala, Vettupala
- Tamil: Veppalai
- Telgu: Amkuda
- Sanskrit: SStri Kutaja, Svetakutaja, Hayamaraka
- Arabic: Indarjua shireen, Lansanul-aasafir, Lasanul aasafir
- Persian: Ahar, Ahare-shirin, Indarjou
- Urdu: Indarjao shirin, Inder jao shirin, Inderajao shirin
- Bengali: Indrajav
- Chinese: Tao tiao pi
- German: Farber-Oleander
- Latin name: Wrightia tinctoria
- Punjabi: Indarjao Mitha
- Gujarati: Mitha Indarjava, Gode Indarjava
- Botanical Name: Wrightia Tinctoria
- Family: Appocynaceae
How to recognize dudhi ayurvedic herb
Dudhi (Wrightia Tinctoria) is a small deciduous tree that grows from 4 to 14 meters. Its leaves are lanceolate and bark is ivory colored. Flowers are usually seen in the tip of branches, white in color, and having fragrance. Its flowers are just like snowflakes on a tree. Its seeds are hairy in nature.
Properties (Bioenergetic) of Wrightia tinctoria
The different properties of Svetakutaja are:
- Dravya (Substance)
- Rasa (Taste): Bitter, astringent
- Guna (Qualities): Light, dry and sharp
- Veerya (Potency): Hot
- Vipaka (Post digestion): Pungent
- Karma (Pharmacological activity): Kapha Vata
- Prabhava(Therapeutic): High medicinal values