There are very few households, who do their kitchen works without the use of mulethi. If you wanted to know the real significance of Liquorice root, ask your grandmother. It has been used since centuries in households for its multiple uses. Mulethi is an ayurvedic herb, good for weight loss, skin glowing, digestion, respiratory problems, liver protection, and hormonal regulation. Mulethi is also good for oral health, improving of memory and immunity. Because of its good taste, it is also used in recipes like sweet and candies. It is helpful in shedding of extra calories and give a new look to the face.
Nutritional facts of mulethi
Image source: Pixabay.com
Because of its tempting properties, mulethi is used for various purposes. The ayurvdic herb contains the following bio-chemical substances.
- Isoflavane glabridin
10 benefits of mulethi (Liquorice root)
- Weight loss: Due to presence of flavonoids, mulethi helps in shedding excess fat from the body. It also ensures low density lipoprotein and making body mass index low. Mulethi candies should be avoided by obese people as it contains huge amount of sugar.
- Skin fairness: Mulethi contains minerals and acids that help to overcome dark skin color and ensures skin whitening. It helps to lighten sun tan, minimizes blemishes, makes the skin moisture, etc.
- Digestion: Mulethi root is good for various digestive related problems like acidity, ulcers, constipation and stomach inflammation.
- Respiratory infections: It has anti oxidants properties, which loosen the congested airways, thus help to treat cough, cold, asthma and other respiratory problems.
- Liver diseases: Mulethi has anti-inflammatory properties, which is good for the health of liver and various liver related problems like fatty liver, hepatitis and jaundice.
- Hormonal regulation: Mulethi contains phytoestrogenic bio-chemical substance, which helps to combat menstrual cramps, mood swings and hot flashes.
- Improves immunity: Liquorice root helps to increase macrophage and lymphocytes, which ensure in combating of infections thus helps in improvement of immunity.
- Teeth problems: Mulethi is good for oral health as it having properties like anti-bacterial and anti-microbial, thus good for plaque, gums, bad breath and cavities.
- Memory improvement: Mulethi root is known for brain brain stimulation thus may be given school going children.
- Hair Loss: Mulethi is good for hair health. It helps in treating of dandruff and balding.
Uses of mulethi
- Beneficial in stomach related problems
- Integral component of the kitchen
- Hair loss and hair health
- Weight loss
- Skin glowing
- Removal of blemishes
Side effects of mulethi
- Excess consume of it is not good for eyesight.
- It may cause Sodium and Potassium imbalance.
Mulethi tea uses and benefits
Mulethi tea is comprised of Mulethi, Tulsi and peppermint. Mulethi tea is known for its various uses. It is stress reliever, immunity enhancer and stamina booster. It helps to reduce cholesterol, and also good in the prevention of depression. The tea is also beneficial in case of sore throat, cold, cough and respiratory infections.
Mulethi powder uses and benefits
Mulethi powder is rich in calcium, glucose and iron. The powder helps to stimulate brain, fight diabetes, bronchitis, colds, sore throat and respiratory infections. It is also beneficial in case of stomach problems like acidity, constipation, inflammation, etc. It is also known for various anti properties like anti-oxidants, anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, anti-bacterial and anti-virtal.