There are very few households, who do their kitchen works without the use of mulethi. If you wanted to know the real significance of Liquorice root, ask your grandmother. It has been used for centuries in households for its multiple uses. Mulethi is an ayurvedic herb, good for weight loss, skin glowing, digestion, respiratory problems, liver protection, and hormonal regulation. Mulethi is also good for oral health, improving memory and immunity. Because of its good taste, it is also used in recipes like sweets and candies. It is helpful in shedding extra calories and give a new look to the face.
Nutritional facts of mulethi
Because of its tempting properties, mulethi is used for various purposes. The ayurvedic herb contains the following biochemical substances.
- Isoflavane glabridin
10 benefits of mulethi (Liquorice root)
- Weight loss: Due to the presence of flavonoids, mulethi helps in shedding excess fat from the body. It also ensures low-density lipoprotein and making body mass index low. Mulethi candies should be avoided by obese people as it contains a huge amount of sugar.
- Skin fairness: Mulethi contains minerals and acids that help to overcome dark skin color and ensures skin whitening. It helps to lighten sun tan, minimizes blemishes, makes the skin moisture, etc.
- Digestion: Mulethi root is good for various digestive related problems like acidity, ulcers, constipation, and stomach inflammation.
- Respiratory infections: It has antioxidants properties, which loosen the congested airways, thus help to treat cough, cold, asthma, and other respiratory problems.
- Liver diseases: Mulethi has anti-inflammatory properties, which is good for the health of the liver and various liver-related problems like fatty liver, hepatitis, and jaundice.
- Hormonal regulation: Mulethi contains phytoestrogenic bio-chemical substances, which helps to combat menstrual cramps, mood swings, and hot flashes.
- Improves immunity: Liquorice root helps to increase macrophage and lymphocytes, which ensure in combating of infections thus helps in the improvement of immunity.
- Teeth problems: Mulethi is good for oral health as it has properties like anti-bacterial and anti-microbial, thus good for plaque, gums, bad breath and cavities.
- Memory improvement: Mulethi root is known for brain stimulation thus may be given school-going children.
- Hair Loss: Mulethi is good for hair health. It helps in treating dandruff and balding.
Uses of mulethi
- Beneficial in stomach related problems
- Integral component of the kitchen
- Hair loss and hair health
- Weight loss
- Skin glowing
- Removal of blemishes
Side effects of mulethi
- Excess consumption of it is not good for eyesight.
- It may cause Sodium and Potassium imbalance.
Mulethi tea uses and benefits
Mulethi tea is comprised of Mulethi, Tulsi, and peppermint. Mulethi tea is known for its various uses. It is a stress reliever, immunity enhancer, and stamina booster. It helps to reduce cholesterol, and also good in the prevention of depression. The tea is also beneficial in case of sore throat, cold, cough, and respiratory infections.
Mulethi powder uses and benefits
Mulethi powder is rich in calcium, glucose, and iron. The powder helps to stimulate the brain, fight diabetes, bronchitis, colds, sore throat, and respiratory infections. It is also beneficial in case of stomach problems like acidity, constipation, inflammation, etc. It is also known for various anti properties like anti-oxidants, anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, anti-bacterial, and anti-viral.