Sirsasana is the king of all yoga asanas because of its numerous health benefits in managing and preventing diseases. It is an essential yoga pose that directly impacts the endocrine glands, especially the pituitary gland. It helps to smooth blood circulation to the entire region of the body. The regular practice of the headstand provides benefits from toes to fingers and ensures effective coordination among body-mind-soul. If one learns the pose technique, it can be proven a boon to the individual’s health. Because of its significant role in managing and preventing diseases and disorders, the yoga pose is known as the ‘King Of All Yogsanas’.
10 Amazing Benefits of Sirsasana
- Controls all endocrine glands functions: This is the single yoga pose, which solely impacts the parts of the pituitary gland. The pituitary gland, a master of all the endocrine glands, directly affects their functions. The thyroid and parathyroid glands also get adequate oxygenated nutrients and control metabolic functions. Thus, by learning the proper technique of this yoga pose, one can experience innumerable benefits.
- Good for a healthy brain: Regular pose practice helps open the body’s physical and cognitive domains. It ensures the rejuvenation of the brain. Millions of brain cells get sufficient oxygen and nutrients by practising headstand yoga poses. The pose is also responsible for memory power, intelligence, thinking, thought processes, and cognitive functions.
- Treats headaches & migraines: Sirsasana relaxes the compressed blood vessels entering the brain. It is good to overcome headaches, migraines, and tension by inducing calmness. It also soothes the nerves and acts as a panacea for such disorders. Because adequate oxygenated nutrients flow in the head, it also treats insomnia.
- Diabetes cure: The pituitary gland releases a diabetogenic hormone that counteracts type 2 diabetes. This gland also instructs the pancreas to secrete the right amount of insulin. Thus, it is suitable for the management and prevention of diabetes.
- Anxiety reliever: Anxiety leads to many diseases and disorders, including sexual problems. Sirsasana alone ensures calmness and balance in the body.
- Heart health: The yoga pose ensures smooth blood flow to the different heart regions, resulting in proper heart functioning and preventing vibrations. It also acts upon the nerves, thus beneficial for hypertension, irritation, shortness of temper, and nervous breakdown.
- Treats piles and varicose veins: Accumulation of blood in the legs and anus causes piles and varicose vein problems. The regular practice of sirsasana ensures proper blood flow in these regions, thus relieving such conditions.
- Yoga for eye vision improves eyesight and sense of smell and taste. The proper blood supply due to practising sirsasana helps to work the sensory organs perfectly. Various types of ailments such as myopia, astigmatism, catarrh and general bad hearing have been improved by regular practice of sirsasana.
- Yoga for lethargy: This asana is a tonic for those people who tire quickly. It ensures a proper supply of blood to the pituitary and pineal glands in the brain. Our growth, health, and vitality depend on the appropriate functioning of these two glands.
- Relieves cold &cough: The lungs gain the power to resist any climate and stand up to any work, thus helpful in relieving colds, coughs, and tonsillitis.
Wonder benefits of sirsasana for skin and hair
- Yoga for skin complexion: This yoga enhances your beauty. Pimples and wrinkles are often caused by inadequate removal of waste materials and insufficient nourishment from the blood. The condition of the facial skin improves through the regular practice of sirsasana. Sirsasana directs an oxygen-rich blood flow to the facial skin, improving the facial complexion.
- Yoga for hair fall: Hair loss, greying of hair and baldness are often caused by insufficient blood circulation in the scalp. Sirsasana not only directs enriched blood to the brain; it also sends it to the scalp. The transformation of grey hair into its original colour and proper growth is possible through this headstand pose.
- Yoga for Weight Loss: It regulates the body’s metabolic process and helps manage weight loss.
- Sirsasana treats sexual disorders: Sirsasana helps combat sexual conditions such as prostate problems, hydrocele, leucorrhea, spermatorrhea, and all general menopausal and menstrual ailments. The yoga pose drains blood from the associated sexual endocrine glands and organs, thus improving functional efficiency.
- Gives vigour and strength: Practising this yoga pose regularly helps provide new energy and power, and the practitioner may experience peace and confidence.