Sirsasana is known as king of all yogasanas because of its numerous health benefits in the management and prevention of diseases. It is one of the important yoga poses, which directly impact the endocrine glands, especially the pituitary gland. It helps to smooth blood circulation to the entire region of the body. The regular practice of the headstand provides benefits from toes to fingers and ensures effective coordination among body-mind-soul.. Because of its significant roles in the management and prevention of diseases and disorders, the yoga pose is known as ‘King Of All Yogsanas’. If one learns the technique of the pose, it can be proved a boon to the health of the individual.
Top 10 benefits of Sirsasana
- Controls all endocrine glands functions: This is the single yoga pose, which solely impacts the functions of pituitary gland. The pituitary gland being a master of all the endocrine glands directly impacts their functions. Thus, by learning the the right technique of this yoga pose, one can experienced innumerable benefits. The thyroid and parathyroid glands also get adequate oxygenated nutrients and control the metabolic functions.
- Good for healthy brain: The regular practicing of the pose helps to open up the physical and cognitive domains of the body. It ensures rejuvenation of the brain. Millions of brain cells get sufficient oxygen and nutrients because of practicing of headstand yoga pose. The pose is also responsible for memory power, intelligence, thinking, thought process and cognitive functions.
- Treats headache & migraine: Sirsasana relaxes the compressed blood vessels entering into the brain. It is good to overcome headache, migraine and tension by inducing calmness. It also soothes the nerves and acts as a panacea for such disorders. Because of adequate oxygenated nutrients flow in the head, it also treats insomnia.
- Diabetes cure: The pituitary gland releases diabetogenic hormone that counteracts type 2 diabetes. This gland also instructs the pancreas to secrete the right amount of insulin. Thus good in the management and prevention of diabetes.
- Anxiety reliever: Anxiety leads to so many diseases and disorders including sexual problems. Sirsasana along ensures calmness and balancing in the body.
- Heart health: The practicing of the yoga pose ensures smooth blood flow to the different region of heart, which result in proper functioning of heart and also prevents palpitations.It also acts upon the nerves thus beneficial for hypertension, irritation, shortness of temper and nervous breakdown.
- Treats piles and varicose vein: Accumulation of blood in the legs and anus causes piles and varicose vein problems. The regular practice of sirsasana ensures proper blood flow in these regions thus give relief from such conditions.
- Yoga for eye vision: It improves the overall functions of eyesight, sense of smell and taste. The proper supply of blood due to practicing of sirsasana helps to work the sensory organs perfectly. Various types of ailments such as myopia, astigmatism and catarrh and general bad hearing have been found to improve by regular practice of sirsasana.
- Yoga for lethargy: This asana is a tonic for those people who tire quickly. It ensures a proper supply of blood to the pituitary and pineal glands in the brain. Our growth, health and vitality depend on the proper functioning of these two glands.
- Relives cold &cough: The lungs gain the power to resist any climate and stand up to any work, thus helpful in relieving of colds, coughs and tonsillitis.
5 Wonder benefits of sirsasana for skin and hair
- Yoga for skin complexion: This is the yoga to enhance your beauty. The condition of the facial skin improves through regular practice of sirsasana. Pimples and wrinkles are often caused by inadequate removal of waste materials and insufficient nourishment from the blood. Sirsasana directs an oxygen rich flow of blood to the facial skin thereby improving the facial complexion.
- Yoga for hair fall: Hair loss, greying of hair and baldness are often caused due to bad blood circulation in the scalp. Sirsasana doesn’t only direct enriched blood to the brain, it also sends it to the scalp. The transforming of grey hair into its original color and good growth of hair is possible through the practice of this headstand pose.
- Yoga for weight Loss: It regulates metabolic process of the body and helps in the management of weight loss.
- Sirsasana treats sexual disorders: Sirsasana helps in combating sexual disorders such as prostrate problems hydrocele, leucorrhea, spermatorrhea, and all general menopausal and menstrual ailments. The yoga pose drains blood from the associated sexual endocrine glands and organs, thus improves the functional efficiency.
- Gives vigor and strength: Practising this yoga pose on regular basis, helps to provide new vigour and strength and the practitioner may experience peace and confident.