Meaning of Bhujangasana
Bhujangasana, where the upper trunk of the body raises just like a Hood of a Cobra or snake, is why it is known as Cobra pose yoga. Bhujangasana is one of the few yogasanas that benefits the body, from the Toes to the Head. Bhujangasana has many therapeutic benefits. If you practice Bhujangasana step by step, considering its scientific and technical aspects, you can extract many of the unknown benefits of this vital yoga pose. If you face difficulties in practising Bhujangasana initially, you should do Ardha bhujangasana first.
10 Top Benefits of Bhujangasana
- Prevent thyroid problems: Bhujangasana is good for the thyroid and parathyroid glands. It gives soothing stretching to these glands, thereby helping minimise thyroid disease symptoms. It also helps revitalise the throat region and the health of the thyroid gland.
- Good for kidney: The practice of Cobra pose is vital in maintaining kidney health. The asana removes the stagnant blood by compressing the kidneys. On resumption of the starting position, the kidneys are irrigated with a fresh blood supply. Bhujangasana overcomes this difficulty, improves the efficiency of the kidneys and, thereby, the health of the whole body
- Treats back pain: This is one of the best yoga asanas for back pain treatment. It provides soothing stretching to the entire spinal region, simultaneously loosening the muscles surrounding the vertebral column. It is effective for a healthy spine.
- Good for asthma: The cobra pose ensures chest expansion and optimal lung stretching, helping expand the lung’s internal region. The development of the lung’s capacity prevents asthmatic attacks and respiratory congestion.
- Enhance digestion process: The regular practice of bhujangasana ensures proper secretion of gastric juices, which acts upon gastric problems such as indigestion, constipation, etc. It also massages the organs of the abdominal region, such as the stomach, pancreas, liver, and gall bladder.
- Treat sciatic pain: Sciatica patients should practice the cobra pose regularly. It not only lessens your pain cures the problems forever.
- Good stress management: The asana is effective in overcoming stress and anxiety. The adrenal glands, situated on top of the kidneys, receive a good massage and are encouraged to work more efficiently. The hormones of these glands are good for our mind and body and relieve tension.
- Slipped disc: The slipped disc patients will also benefit from this yoga pose.
- Alleviates rheumatism: Cortisone is a hormone secreted by the adrenal glands. Bhujangasana helps maintain and encourage this hormone’s correct secretion and has been found very useful in alleviating rheumatism.
- Activates Kundalini: Bhujangasana ensures a synergy of various plexuses, nerves, and nerve cells, which ultimately helps to stimulate your Kundalini power.
3 Wonder benefits of bhujangasana
Besides the health mentioned above benefits, the Cobra yoga pose is also known for beauty, curing sexual problems, and effective weight loss. Some of the surprising benefits of bhujangasana are given below:
- Weight Loss: The yoga pose burns belly fat. Maintaining the pose for extended periods gives the entire abdominal region adequate stretching. It also regulates the body’s metabolic process and helps overcome weight and obesity. It not only solves weight problems but also benefits a flat stomach.
- Sexual disorders: Gynaecological problems like leucorrhea, dysmenorrhea, syphilis, amenorrhea, etc., greatly benefit from this yoga pose. It is beneficial for the health of the ovary and uterus and also good for the menstrual cycle
- Eyesight: Practicing this yoga pose enables abrupt blood circulation to the entire ENT region, which directly or indirectly helps remove dirt and finer particles from your facial region.