Best uses of kokum
Kokum (Gracinia indica) has multiple health and medicinal benefits. The fruits of Gracinia indica are an excellent source of antioxidants that prevents free radicals thereby helps from different diseases. Kokum is used in case of piles, flatulence, constipation, heatstroke, pain, tumor, etc. The dried outer cover of Gracinia indica is used as a spice. It is also known as the ‘cool king’ of Indian fruits.
- Gracinia indica as an Anti-oxidants: The fruits of Gracinia indica is an excellent source of anti-oxidants, thus helps to minimise the impacts of many diseases. It also promotes cell regeneration and repair.
- Kokum for Allergy: Cold blend of Kokum is used as a local application in urticarial and allergic rashes on the skin. The infusion is highly effective and suggested for these purposes.
- Gracinia indica for Constipation: When a person is suffering from constipation, peel of dried fruits are given in the dose of 500 mg at night. It helps to ease constipation.
- Kokum and Hyperacidity: Having acidity or hyperacidity, the cold mix of Garcinia indica, sugar, and a little amount of salt is given to overcome the problems of acidity and hyperacidity.
- Garcinia Indica for Flatulence: Kokum is effective in case of flatulence, stomach pain, and gaseous distension. The patient may take a sip of the mix of Gracinia indica, ginger, honey, sugar, and salt.
- Kokum as a healthy and refreshing drink and Syrup: The syrup of Kokum is in great demand not only in India but also all over the world for its medicinal properties.
- Cracked Heels and kokum: The application of Garcinia indica butter is quite useful for cracked heels.
- Indigestion and Gracinia indica: Suffering from indigestion, one should take the mix of Kokum should be taken along with black pepper and salt.
- Kokum is also welcome in diseases and conditions such as hyperacidity, piles, fistula, heatstroke, infection, dysentery, etc.
- When allergy takes the chronic form, the cool infusion may be also be used internally.
- Side-effects and Precautions: The fruits of Gracinia indica shouldn’t be used in excess. Milk and milk products should be used after one hour.