Anti-ageing is possible when the process of regeneration is dominant over degeneration. In the case of renewal, the cells replace themselves with more muscular cells, while in decline, existing ones are replaced with weaker ones. The regeneration process is termed anti-ageing, while the process of degeneration is called ageing.
Ageing is the changes in a person associated with physical, psychological, mental, and social change. Aspects like knowledge, experience, and wisdom may increase while reaction time, memory, etc., may decline. More than one lakh people die every day due to age-related problems. The older population increases in developed and developing nations due to medical facilities, longer life expectancy, and decreased birth rate.
Causes that make skin age faster
- Cigarette smoke develops a vitamin C deficiency, essential to plump skin.
- Sun exposure causes the skin to be mottled; brown sun spots and dryness may be experienced, along with more wrinkles
- A sedentary life weakens the muscles and hinders new blood cell formation.
- Cold weather makes skin dry and causes ageing.
- Alcohol and beverages use lead to dilate blood vessels, showing a flushed appearance on the skin and making skin wrinkle faster.
- Stress makes skin vulnerable to ageing.
- Lack of sleep causes dark circles under the eyes and sagging skin.
What Causes Aging?
- Free radicals, the byproduct of the metabolism process and environmental factors cause ageing to a greater extent. The best method to reduce its effect is the presence of antioxidant
- Diets like high-fat, processed foods, margarine, and starchy vegetables are low in antioxidants, producing more free radicals.
- Lower intake of fresh fruits and vegetables increases free radicals.
- Alcohol suppresses the formation of antioxidants.
- Fried foods help to generate more radicals.
- Fast and junk foods cause lesser antioxidants.
- Packaged, processed, and irradiated create more free radicals to show skin age symptoms.
- Polluted air, especially in the big cities and towns, helps to create more free radicals.
- Drinking tap water contains chlorine, fluorine, and other harmful chemicals and toxins from free radicals.
- Lifestyle-related problems cause the production of lesser antioxidants and more free radicals.
- Diseases like Asthma, High blood cholesterol, cardiovascular disease, High blood pressure, diabetes, Parkinson’s disease, Cancer, etc., cause ageing.
15 wonder tips for anti-ageing
Everybody wants to look young, bright, and energetic. Age can’t be stopped, but the ageing process can be slowed down through some healthy tips for anti-ageing. Anti-ageing tips increase skin beauty from within and help to make you look younger.
- Due to anti-stress properties and increased resistance power in the body, Ginseng, Rhodiola, and Maca can suppress ageing.
- Quit smoking: smoking accelerates ageing by damaging skin cells.
- Protect your skin from direct exposure to the sun, as it is responsible for premature skin, wrinkles, and age spots.
- Yoga and Meditation are excellent practices for body, mind, and soul. Yoga increases blood circulation and concentration, strengthens muscles and enhances oxygen-carrying capacity; it keeps our body fit by burning fat and losing weight, thus slowing ageing.
- Exercise check blood pressure and cholesterol, makes one slim and fit, enhances cardiovascular capability, tone up the body, etc., all helps to reduce ageing.
- Natural Skincare protects our skin from dirt, dead cells, pollution, and ultraviolet rays.
- Natural cleansing makes skin glow and tone up.
- Overeating or over-fasting should be avoided. Follow a restricted diet as it keeps you from extra calories. Fruits and vegetables are rich in minerals and vitamins that act as anti-ageing.
- Oral supplements in multivitamins and multi-minerals are necessary during pregnancy, illness, chronic diseases, and anti-ageing.
- Go for beauty sleep to rejuvenate your skin.
- Antioxidants that fight free radicals are abundant in vitamins E, C, and A.
- Green tea has fantastic results for anti-ageing as it protects the body from cancer and heart disease and burns body fat.
- Drink plenty of water as it hydrates your body and is essential for anti-ageing nutrients.
- Laughing is one of the best medicines as it releases stress and makes you look younger and more youthful.
- Eat fresh fruits, vegetables, and fish, which all make you energetic.
- Avoid unnecessary thinking and anxiety because it shortens your longevity.
20 top anti-ageing superfoods
- keep your calorie consumption low for anti-ageing and give more thrust to fresh fruits and green vegetables. You have reduced three white things, Sugar and Maida.
- Avocado reduces cholesterol in the body, helps to maintain healthy skin due to vitamin E, and reduces the sign of ageing.
- Berries like blackberries, blueberries, and grapes act like superfoods and contain potent antioxidants, which protect the body from free radicals and ageing.
- Walnut is good for anti-ageing as it is abundant with Omega 3 acid
- Vegetables like cabbage, broccoli, turnip, and sprouts are rejuvenating foods, aid in fighting against toxins, and help to fight aging.
- Garlic reduces cholesterol and minimises the risk of heart disease.
- Ginger assists the digestive system, eases arthritis and reduces free radicals.
- Nuts strengthen the immune system and remove dryness from the skin. Avoid rancid nuts as it is abundant with free radicals.
- Watermelon contains vitamins A, B, and C and has the power to fight against free radicals and make your skin glow.
- Drink more and more quantity of water. Also, take fruits and vegetable juices—all these help to release toxins and waste products from the body.
- Give more thrust to green vegetables and fresh fruits.
- For fruits and vegetables, raw form is the best.
- Sprouted bean is full of antioxidants.
- Seaweeds, Wheatgrass
- Foods that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
- Green tea increases longevity.
- Olive Oil contains polyphenols, a powerful antioxidant that helps fight wrinkles.
- Yogurt, rich in vitamins and minerals, contains live bacteria that strengthen the immune system.
- Radish and Turnip are known to be excellent anti-aging foods.
Top worst foods for ageing
- Junk and fast foods
- Genetically modified food
- Red Meat
- Soy milk
- Fried foods
- Processed foods
- Oil like vegetable/canola/cotton
- Pork meat
List of foods with high antioxidants
Antioxidant foods protect the body from free radicals, as free radicals are associated with damaging and injuring the body cells. Antioxidant foods prevent you from heart disease, cancer, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and other dreadful diseases. Antioxidants act like anti-ageing agents. Eating different fruits and vegetables is the best way to ensure antioxidants. Here, the 20 best sources of antioxidant foods are mentioned.
- Small red beans (dried) contain the highest source of antioxidants in the world. Beans fight vigorously with free radicals, which is highly beneficial to healthy ageing.
- Berries (Blueberries, Raspberries, Strawberries, and Blackberries) are abundant with fibre, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, all of which help prevent cancer, heart disease and check age-related loss.
- Red kidney beans have plenty of antioxidants and overcome free radicals easily.
- Raisins fight free radicals and prevent premature ageing.
- Kale is full of antioxidants and slows down the reaction of free radicals in the body, thus suitable for your skin.
- Artichoke is loaded with antioxidants, improves heart health, reduces the risk of cancer and congenital disabilities, and helps regenerate skin cells.
- Prunes have phenols, which are potent antioxidants, good for the heart, lower blood sugar and cholesterol, strengthen the digestive system and help in the youthfulness of the body.
- Apple acts as an anti-ageing supplement.
- Pecans act against degeneration, fight free radicals, and benefit anti-ageing.
- Broccoli, Cabbage, and Cauliflower are beneficial for cancer and heart disease and provide brightness and a youthful look to the skin.
- Tomatoes contain antioxidants and lycopene. Lycopene prevents cancer (prostate cancer) muscular degeneration and acts as anti-ageing.
- Plum promotes natural, healthy skin and prevents skin from drying.
- Spinach contains lutein, which helps in vision clarity. It prevents muscular degeneration, cataracts, and heart disease and protects the retina from sun damage and free radicals.
- Red Grapes have resveratrol and quercetin that make the heart stronger. The antioxidants help as free radicals scavengers and keep blood vessels open. Resveratrol also protects from gastric problems, stroke, and arthritis.
- Pomegranates, known for beneficial nutrients and antioxidants, help reduce blood pressure and the impact of cardiovascular and heart disease.
- Russet Potatoes have good antioxidants and help in anti-ageing.
- Ground Cloves, Cinnamon, and Oregano have a rich content of antioxidants, known to cure many diseases and effectively suppress free radicals.
- Green Tea prevents degenerative diseases. We have reduced the impact of cancer, heart disease, and stroke.
- Garlic is packed with antioxidants and is known for anti-aging. It fights with free radicals and prevents blood clotting.
- Carrots are full of antioxidants
9 Anti-aging supplements
Ageing is inevitable, but using the correct anti-ageing supplements can lead to a healthier and longer life. Anti-ageing supplements can prevent cancer, ageing, and several diseases. Anti-ageing supplements and vitamins contain antioxidants to avoid damage to free radicals.
- Vitamin E helps to keep the skin healthy and youthful. Vitamin E fights skin ageing from within. Sources of Vitamin E are sunflower oil, grains, oats, nuts, and dairy products
- Ginkgo tree leaves have antioxidants called flavonoids and terpenoids, which are extremely useful as an anti-ageing supplement.
- Calcium is needed for bone; its deficiency leads to Osteoporosis and Osteoarthritis.
- Vitamin C helps weight loss and facilitates one to look younger. A natural source of vitamin C is citrus fruits like oranges and lemon and also found in vegetables.
- Vitamin D prevents osteoporosis and helps in anti-ageing.
- Deficiency of Folic acid, Vitamin B6, and Vitamin B12 may lead to heart disease and memory loss,, characterising ageing.
- Selenium decreases the effect of sun on the skin for skin cancer. Selenium slows down ageing—selenium is found in whole grain cereals, garlic, and eggs.
- Vitamin K helps in anti-ageing and aids in preventing diseases like osteoporosis and heart disease.
- Vitamin A protects the body from solar radiation severity. Sources of vitamin A are carrots, broccoli, kale, tomatoes, etc.
Ayurveda medicine for anti-ageing
The herbal treatments are effective, natural, and non-toxic, with fewer side effects. Herbs can maintain a young look and appearance and are too valuable for anti-ageing. Herbs are fruitful in curing diseases from the common cold to cancer. Herbs are used in medicine, oil, cream, and gel. Anti-ageing herbs also have a profound influence on the skin.
- Ginseng reduces stress and strain, lowers sugar and blood cholesterol, and slows ageing.
- Rhodiola Rosea effective anti-ageing herbs act as anti-stress and enhance immune and mental ability. It fights against toxins.
- Lycium contains antioxidants, fights free radicals, and slows ageing.
- Ashwagandha is an effective herb for slowing ageing, strengthening the immune system and easing stress, anxiety, and depression.
- Garlic is a good herb against viruses and bacteria, slowing down age-related memory loss.
- Ginger is beneficial for joint stiffness pain, arteriosclerosis, heart disease, and cholesterol, and improves digestion, motion sickness, vomiting, etc.
- Red Clover contains estrogen, a good herb for anti-ageing, wrinkles, and spots.
- St. John’s Wort stimulates repair and revitalises the body.
- Gotu Kola promote naturally healthy skin and heals scars and burns.
- Ginkgo protects against degeneration, protects the nervous system, and fights oxidation.
- Schizandra eliminates toxins from the liver and helps in youthfulness and a beautiful body.
- The extracts from fenugreek, banana, and blueberry leaves reduce ageing.
- Gynostemma Pentaphyllum helps to balance the cardiovascular and hormonal systems and acts as an anti-ageing supplement.
- Milk Thistle shows a positive result for liver protection.
- Peppermint is beneficial for gastrointestinal disorders and prevents cancer and heart disease.
Anti-ageing skin care treatment
The premature ageing of the skin is caused due to lesser moisture, hard water, wind, and reduced formation of new cells. Exposure to the sun and cold, smoking, lack of exercise, poor diet, stress, chemicals, excessive bathing, and anxiety are some factors that cause ageing. Dermatitis, Eczema, Psoriasis, and Seborrhea are also responsible for skin ageing.
- Massage the face with ghee and coconut oil before bedtime as it revitalises your skin.
- Use sunglasses as they will protect the skin area around the eyes.
- Take adequate sleep as it helps in rejuvenation and re-energizes the skin.
- Grated cucumber is also recommended as a face pack that lightens skin discolouration.
- For healthy skin as well as healthy ageing, regular exercise is a must.
- Applying fresh Aloe Vera is also beneficial to keep skin healthy and eliminate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Apply the mixture of Honey + 1 tsp of rose water on dry skin, which diminishes facial wrinkles and fights skin ageing.
- The solution of Egg Yolk and honey is a good remedy for dry skin and protects skin from premature signs of ageing.
- Food rich in minerals, protein, and vitamins benefits dry skin and gives a youthful look.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables tone up your skin and add brightness to your appearance.
25 Anti ageing home remedies
Proper use and application of home remedies for anti-ageing will keep you refreshed and give you a youthful look. Try home remedies for anti-ageing. Skin, the most exposed part of the body, faces nature’s ferocity as extremely hot, extremely cold, and unfavourable conditions. The problem gets worse due to pollutants, dirt, chemicals, etc. Natural skincare will give you sensational skin and help minimise anti-ageing’s impact.
- Apply coconut milk to your face for a glowing facial look. It is an excellent anti-ageing remedy.
- Apply the glycerin + rose water + lime juice on the skin before sleep for proper facial care. It has anti-wrinkle properties.
- Applying a slice of avocado rejuvenates the skin and is an excellent natural remedy for anti-ageing.
- Using lemon juice on the face is an excellent anti-ageing treatment.
- Turmeric powder + sugar cane juice helps control wrinkles and pigmentation.
- Milk, too, removes dead skin cells from the face.
- A balanced diet is of utmost need to keep healthy skin.
- Take a grind carrot and mix one tsp of honey. Apply the paste on the face and leave it for 15 minutes to get the difference.
- Sleeping for eight to ten hours revives the skin.
- Make a paste of smashed pineapple slice + lemon or orange juice + wheat flour; apply the mixture on the face for fresh skin. It is a popular home remedy for anti-ageing.
- Elimination of toxins from the body keeps the skin glow.
- Make a paste of mashed guava + oatmeal + lemon juice. Apply the paste on your face and leave it for 15 minutes for shining skin.
- Avoid anger and distress, as these negatively impact the skin.
- Pranayama and deep breathing exercises are vital to your skin.
- Cleansing of the skin removes dead cells.
- Toning refreshes the skin pores and stimulates blood circulation.
- Apply the paste of Honey + Egg (white part) + ground potato on the face for the skin’s freshness.
- Conditioning maintains acid balance on the skin.
- Keep the liquid part of the egg in the freezer for 10 minutes. Now, add the mixture of lemon juice and grind tomato. Apply the paste for 20 days to have fresh skin.
- Make a mixture of dried pea powder + lemon juice + camphor + little milk. Apply the mixture to your face to get rid of scars.
- Facial massage is an effective remedy for anti-ageing.
- Vitamin E is known for anti-ageing.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables help prevent ageing.
- castor oil softens the skin and removes wrinkles, and Moisturizing keeps the skin moist.
- To reduce wrinkles on the face, take more and more water.
How to prevent anti-ageing
A healthy lifestyle, low-calorie intake, proper and balanced diet, anti-ageing supplements, and vitamins help slow ageing. To have a disease-free life, the focus must be on good nutrition, stress management mechanisms, and a delicate balance of exercise regime in treatment. To minimise the impact of ageing, the following treatments and preventions can be used.
- Caloric Restriction: A low intake of calories can delay ageing by extending the healthy life span and maintaining youth, vigour, and vitality.
- Nutritional supplements: Supplements in vitamins A, B, C, and minerals like calcium, magnesium, zinc, and iron may be taken to reduce the intensity of ageing.
- Hormonal therapies: Human growth hormones can be used as an anti-ageing treatment and are beneficial in muscle mass increase, immune system, and strength.
- Garlic stimulates liver and digestive functions, toning skin and preventing heart disease.
- Siberian ginseng strengthens the immune system and eases stress. Ginseng is very useful for memory loss and chronic fatigue.
- Ginkgo is exceptionally known for reducing signs of Alzheimer’s, depression, blood clots, heart disease, and stroke.
- Bananas, almonds, and coconut play a vital role in the nervous system and sleeping disorders.
- Gotu kola treats memory loss, anxiety, and insomnia.
- A healthy diet, proper exercise, stress and anxiety management, and control of smoking and beverages can increase longevity.
- Exercise helps to form new blood cells, increase appetite and strengthen our digestive system.
- Traditional moisturisers bring anti-ageing features.
- Spa-like destination spa, resort spa, day spa, health spa, medical spa, beauty spa, etc., all rejuvenates the body at various levels, curing different diseases and ailments.