What is allergy
Allergy is defined as a restless response of the body to particular substances called allergens. The particulate that causes allergy is dust, drugs, molds, air-borne, dog, cat, food, pollen, soaps, fragrance, etc. It is quite irritating and nuisance creating. The person feels restless and unforgettable during this period.
Everything you need to know about allergy
- What is an allergy?
- Allergy symptoms
- Allergy causes
- Allergy complications
- Allergy risk factors
- Allergy Test and Diagnosis
- Yoga for allergy prevention
- Ayurveda for allergy cure
- Homeopathy medicines for allergy treatment
- Naturopathy for allergy management
- Simple home remedies for allergy
- Top allergic foods
- Best allergy prevention tips
- Sneezing and wheezing
- Nasal congestion
- Skin’s itching
- Lips inflammation
- Breathing problems
- Throat tightness
Causes of allergy
- Food allergies
- Abdominal cramps
- Foods triggers like eggs, milk, wheat, soy, peanuts, and fish
- Bronchial disorders
- Allergic rhinitis
- Anaphylactic shock and eczema
Allergy risk factors
- Bottle-fed babies
- Allergen exposure in childhood
- Birth coincides with pollen season
- The parent suffered from nasal congestion
- Premature birth
- Infants are more susceptible
Allergy Test and Diagnosis
- Skin Test for allergy
- Blood test for allergies-RAST and ELISA
- Food allergy testing
- Tests as suggested by doctors
1. Yoga for allergy prevention
The following yoga poses are helpful in the prevention and management of allergy.
- Surya Namaskar
- Pavan Muktasana
- Nadishodhana Pranayama
- Bhastrika Pranayama
2. Ayurveda for allergy cure
Ayurvedic medicines are helpful in curing of allergy and these herbal formulations are without any side effects.
- Herbal oil massage
- Ayurvedic supplements
- Ayurvedic medicines
- Easily digested foods
- Disciplined lifestyle
- Ginger root tea
3. Homeopathy medicines for allergy treatment
Following homeopathic medicines are useful in the treatment of allergy.
- Ferrum phosphoricum
- Nux vomica
- Allium cepa
- Arsenicum album
- Green tea
4. Naturopathy for allergy management
- Bath Jacuzzi
- Paste of almond leaves
- Paste of papaya seeds
- Coconut oil
- Lemon Juice
- Juice of carrot, beetroot, and cucumber
- Steam inhalation
- Mud Therapy
5. Simple home remedies for allergy
Home remedies can play an important role to combat allergies. It helps to keep allergens and allergy triggers at bay.
- Warm water gargling with salt
- The mix of lime, mallow, and chamomile is good for inflamed eyes.
- Coldwater for eyes
- Keep yourself away from allergens
- Hot shower for skin allergy
- Peppermint tea for inflammatory nose
6. Top allergic foods
- Egg, nuts, wheat, soy, milk, peanut, fish, tomatoes, and shellfish are responsible for 90 % of allergic reaction. Other allergic foods are:
- Cow’s milk- about 2 % of infants have an allergy to cow’ milk.
- White proteins show allergy to some children.
- Fish and shellfish also do not suit some adults.
- About 40% of people fruit allergy
- Peanuts and soybean have allergic features.
- Nuts also don’t suit some of them.
7. Best allergy prevention tips
- Allergy is also associated with seasons. Please be careful of varied weather and seasons.
- Dusting should be given first priority.
- Cleanliness is of utmost importance.
- Avoid pollutants as airborne particulate may trigger acute allergic conditions.
- The use of carpet may be avoided.
- The use of a vacuum cleaner should be preferred.
- Mask should be used.
- Pets should be handled carefully.
- An exhaust fan reduces the severity of allergy.
- Hay, straw, and grass burning may make allergic patients vulnerable to the disease.
- Use sunglasses to protect your eyes