Top 10 natural cold prevention tips
- Suryabhedi Pranayama: Do this Pranayama regularly. Inhale slowy through the right nostril and exhale very very slowly through the left nostril. Practice it for 3-5 minutes, will be helpful in treating of nasal and respiratory congestions.
- Nose cleansing: The stuff nose cleansing with saline warm water is helpful in opening or clearing the nasal congestion.
- Gargling: Do gargling thrice a day. Gargling should be performed with lukewarm water mixing salt in it.
- Rest: Adequate rest is utmost important. It will help you to save energy and to certain extent boost your immunity.
- Natural hot beverages: Herbal soup and herbal tea are beneficial in treating and prevention of cold. In common cold, one should prefer to take basil tea, mixed vegetable soup, Ginger, mint & Tulsi tea, Ginger tea, basil decoction, wheat malt and dry ginger coffee.
- Cold fighting foods: Take adequate amount of cold fighting foods i.e. food rich in vitamin C, chilies, blueberries, cranberries, black and green tea.
- Blow your nose: Blow your nose regularly so to remove mucus and germs.
- Extra pillow: Use extra pillow under your head.
- Betel leaf juice: 10-15 drops of betel lead juice when drink twice a day is beneficial in treating of common cold.
- Gooseberry juice: The 1 tsp each of gooseberry and ginger juice is helpful in treating of common cold.
10 best cold sore prevention tips
- Avoid cold and chilled diets like soft drinks, ice cream and cold coffee. Also avoid cold showers, and air conditions.
- Wash your hands properly as it the effective carrier to spread germs from one person to another.
- Don’t smoke and skip consuming alcohol.
- Eat those fruits, which are rich in phyto-chemicals i.e. lemon, orange, carrot, coriander, gooseberry, soup, etc. Fruit like banana and tomatoes should be given least preferences.
- Prefer to take fresh cooked foods so to avoid the chances of germs.
- Stress, stress, strain and tension may add the symptoms and aggravate the condition. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth through your hands as the germs easily enter into your body.
- Take omega 3 supplements as it helps to enhance the functions of phagocytes cells, which eat the disease causing bacteria.
- One should to prefer to take vitamin D rich foods as it boosts the immunity of the body.
- Try to use copper and copper utensil as these discourage the breeding of microbes.
Top 10 surprising herbs to prevent cold
- Garlic: Allium sativum contains allicin, which acts like as anti-bacterial and anti-viral.
- Ginseng: In a new research, it has been conducted that ginseng helps to reduce the chances of cold.
- Astragalus: It is good to strengthen white blood cells, which fight infections and also boost immunity.
- Eleuthero: Also known as Siberian ginseng. It is the herb which is beneficial in boosting the immune system and also acts like as antiviral.
- Echinacea lessens the symptoms of cold and flu.
- Mushrooms: The various varieties of mushrooms are useful in enhancing the immune system.
- Ginger: The rhizome contains many antiviral bio-chemical compounds i.e. sesquiterpenes. Such compounds fights cold and flu causing germs and reduce the chances of common cold.
- Juniper: Using juniper as nasal drops helps to ease respiratory infections.
- Licorice: The tea of horehound, licorice and slippery elm is helpful in easing sore throats.
- Cinnamon: It is a powerful antiviral and antibiotic. The mixing of honey and cinnamon 1 tsp of each is good enough to relieve congestion and cough.
How to prevent cold through home remedies
- The mix of honey and onion is useful combination in treating of common cold.
- Vegetable soup and herbal tea is effective in opening the nasal as well as respiratory congestion.
- The mix of cow’s milk, opium and nutmeg when applied on forehead and nasal area is helpful in clearing the nasal congestion.
- Inhalation with eucalyptus oil helps to nasal problems in cold.
- Rooms should be ventilated.
- Ajwain steam inhalation is beneficial to relieve nasal blockage.
- If you want to get rid of dry cough, it is better to inhale the vapour of water and lady’s finger.
- When the mix of Tulsi seeds and ginger are taken twice or thrice a day, is good to cure nasal blockage.
- Take garlic soup because of its anti septic features and easing the symptoms of cold and dry cough.
- The mix of warm milk and little powder of asafetida give relief from chest and throat irritation.