Everyone desires glowing skin and an attractive facial complexion, especially women who are pretty crazy about it. Different people are using other means to improve one’s facial outlook. However, if it is done through yoga, it makes your skin glow and makes the skin complexion live, supple, young and elastic. There are yoga asanas, which work wonders for youthful and healthy skin. These yoga poses give you a better look naturally and without any side effects.
10 Yoga postures for glowing skin
- Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation): Sun salutation is quite effective in eliminating waste products from the body through the skin, as the process involves profuse sweating. Surya namaskar results in increased perspiration and thereby encourages the elimination of toxins from the body, helping to prevent skin ailments. This is an excellent method of acquiring a fresh complexion, and its importance increases for skin health if one takes a bath after Surya Namaskar.
- Sarvangasana: Sarvangasana, being an inverted yoga pose, helps to improve the functioning of the eyes and ears under certain circumstances, especially where blood circulation is insufficient. It helps to prevent falling hair and enhance the skin complexion of the face by improving the blood supply.
- Sirsasana: Sirsasana is an excellent yoga pose for healthier and glowing skin. Pimples and wrinkles are often caused by inadequate removal of waste materials and insufficient nourishment from the blood. Sirshasana directs an oxygen-rich blood flow to the facial skin, improving the complexion.
- Bhastrika pranayama: This breathing exercise helps to remove physical impurities by increasing the metabolic rate and increasing blood circulation. Bhastrika is, therefore, a first-rate technique for purifying the blood, improving skin complexion, and removing boils, pimples, etc.
- Mayurasana: Mayurasana tends to expel impurities in the body very quickly. It helps to remove body toxins, thereby improving the facial complexion.
- Shankhaprakshalana: This process helps to purify the whole body. There is no medicine or method (apart from a prolonged fast) that can clean the small and large intestines so thoroughly as this practice. Many diseases are directly or indirectly caused by the accumulation of toxic waste in the intestines. This practice expels all impurities from the digestive tract and thereby helps to purify the blood system. This can result in a beautiful and noticeable improvement in the treatment of diabetes, hyperacidity, constipation, dysentery, and many other ailments connected with impure blood, such as lousy complexion and excessive occurrence of boils or pimples.
- Manduki Mudra (Frog attitude): By practising this mudra, the ida, pingala and sushumna become united; this leads to freedom. The body becomes like a corpse. At this stage, inhalation should be re-continued. This practice bestows many siddhis (psychic powers), prevents old age, removes wrinkles, and prevents white hair.
- Shatkarm (Cleansing yogic process): A faulty lifestyle and improper food habits lead to the development of toxins and impurities in the body tissues and thereby imbalance the body functions. Shatkarma like Basti, Kunjal, and Kapalbhati make one highly powerful and lustrous; it increases gastric fire; it destroys glandular enlargement diseases of the spleen and dropsy and enhances the facial complexion and happiness.
- Kapalabhati: Kapalabhati is one of the essential yogic exercises which generally impacts the body system. Practising this yoga pose regularly helps to prevent many diseases and disorders and is simultaneously suitable for a better facial complexion. It rejuvenates the skull (head) and the mental functions. It invigorates the entire brain and awakens the dormant centres responsible for subtle perception. Besides the ENT region, it stimulates nerves in the abdominal region, massages abdominal organs, and improves digestion.
- Nadi Shodhana Pranayama: Nadi Shodhana Pranayama is the life of a biological being. The pranayama opens the energy channels, removes blockages, and facilitates the free flow of energy and oxygen throughout the body. It enables the smooth blood supply to the brain and the entire body and ensures the functioning of every cell. It also helps to remove waste products such as carbon dioxide and other toxic gases from the body. Thus, these breathing yoga exercises help make the skin healthy.
Wonder tips for healthy, glowing skin
- Drink an adequate quantity of water: Take a sufficient amount of lukewarm water. It helps to flush out the body’s toxins and ensure fairer skin.
- Do brisk walk: Doing it regularly ensures sweating profusely. It takes away the dirt and unwanted substances from the body.
- Green vegetables and fruits: The focus should be on fresh and green vegetables and fruits. One should try to take those fruits and vegetables, which are rich in vitamin C.
- Sound sleep: Sound sleep and sleeping on time is also one of the utmost criteria to make your face glow. One should try to take at least 7-8 hours of sleep.
- Keep yourself natural: One should follow the natural way of keeping oneself fit and healthy. Wash your face twice or thrice a day. Use oil, which is rich in Vitamin E. Massage is also recommended to make the skin soft and supple.
- Laughing: It is one of the essential therapies which makes you rejuvenate, lively and fresh. Laughing helps to energise every cell of the body. It keeps your skin young.
- Meditation & Yoga Nidra: It is a stress buster and mood elevator. It makes the system holistically refined from the inside.
- Cheeks exercise: Inhale through the mouth and continuously distend your cheeks with the inhaled air. It will facilitate a better look to the cheeks.