Acid is needed to break down foods in the stomach. However, excess acid secretion in the stomach is the cause of concern, leading to acidity or hyperacidity. The simple reason for acidity is that the lower oesophagal sphincter fails to stop acidity from going up to the upper region of the food pipe, thus causing acidity and heartburn.
Symptoms of acidity
- Stomach pain
Causes of acidity
- Not chewing food properly
- Drinking insufficient quantity of water
- Faulty lifestyle
Swami Ramdev yoga for acidity control
- Mandukasana sensitises the secretion of digestive juices, thus preventing acidity and gas.
- Kunjal yogic kriya helps to cleanse the digestive tract thoroughly and smoothly.
- Pawanamuktasana treats constipation, gas and indigestion. Best yoga to cure acidity.
- Uttanapadasana strengthens the digestive wall and ensures proper secretion of gastric acids.
- Naukasana is beneficial for digestion, constipation and prevention of indigestion.
- Vajrasana, just after a meal, improves oxygenated blood circulation in the intestine and stomach, thus ensuring digestion and preventing acidity.
- Sethubandhasana ensures a robust digestive wall.
- Sarvangasana is known to prevent many ailments, especially digestion.
- Halasana strengthens the abdominal muscles, reduces stress and improves digestion.
- Kapalbhati invigorates and cleanses the digestive system, thus improving its efficiency.
Eight best diets to cure acidity
- Coconut water
- Cold milk
- Pomegranate juice
- The onion, sweet curd and sugar mix prevents a burning sensation.
- Eat carrot and beetroot salad.
Six home remedies to treat acidity
- Soaking one teaspoon of aniseed overnight and taking the same with one glass of water in the morning.
- Five grams powder of fenugreek and celery each; one gram of black salt, sweet soda and asafetida each. Now, consume half a teaspoon of these with lukewarm water.
- The mix of apple cider vinegar, honey and water.
- Gur subsidises the condition.
- Chewing of ajwain
- The mix of baking soda and a glass of water
Ayurveda to treat acidity
- Use Triphala powder
- Indian Gooseberry
- Tulsi leaves
- Acorus calamus
- Turpeth root reduces abdominal ulcers.
- Ghee boiled with jeera
- Fresh garlic
- Margisa tree dilutes acidity in the alimentary canal.
- Ehiretta powder
A diet that causes acidity
- Sour and citrus fruits
- Chocolates and pastries
- Protein and calcium-rich food
- Soft drinks, tea, alcohol and coffee
- Skip oily foods.
- Use plenty of water in the early morning
- More focus on alkaline foods.
- Eat food whenever you feel hungry.
- Try to go to your bed early.
- Avoid a big gap between two meals.
- Do meditation & Yoga