Acid is needed to break down foods in the stomach. But secretion of excess acid in the stomach is the cause of concern, which leads to acidity or hyperacidity. The simple reason of acidity is that the lower esophageal sphincter fails to stop acidity to going up to the upper region of food pipe thus causes acidity and heartburn.
Simple symptoms of acidity
- Stomach pain
Causes of acidity
- Not chewing food properly
- Drinking insufficient quantity of water
- Faulty lifestyle
Swami Ramdev yoga for acidity control
- Mandukasana sensitizes the secretion of digestive juices thus prevents acidity and gas.
- Kunjal yogic kriya helps to cleanse the digestive tract thoroughly and smoothly.
- Pawanamuktasana treats constipation, gas and indigestion. Best yoga to cure acidity.
- Uttanapadasana is good for strengthening the digestive wall, ensures proper secretion of gastric acids.
- Naukasana is beneficial for digestion, constipation and prevention of indigestion.
- Vajrasana just after meal improves oxygenated blood circulation in the intestine and stomach thus ensures digestion and prevents acidity.
- Sethubandhasana ensures strong and robust digestive wall.
- Sarvangasana is known to prevent many ailments, especially digestion.
- Halasana strengthens the abdominal muscles, reduces stress and improves digestion.
- Kapalbhati invigorates and cleanse the digestive system thus improves its efficiency.
8 best diet to cure acidity
- Coconut water
- Cold milk
- Pomegranate juice
- The mix of onion, sweet curd and sugar prevents burning sensation.
- Eat carrot and beetroot salad.
6 home remedies to treat acidity
- Soaking of one teaspoon aniseed overnight and taking the same with one glass of water in the morning.
- Five grams powder of fenugreek and celery each; one gram of black salt, sweet soda and asafetida each. Now, consume half teaspoon of these with lukewarm water.
- The mix of apple cider vinegar, honey and water.
- Gur subsidizes the condition.
- Chewing of ajwain
- The mix of baking soda and glass of water
Ayurveda to treat acidity
- Use Triphala powder
- Indian Gooseberry
- Tulsi leaves
- Acorus calamus
- Turpeth root reduces abdominal ulcers.
- Ghee boiled with jeera
- Fresh garlic
- Margisa tree dilutes acidity in the alimentary canal.
- Ehiretta powder
Diet that causes acidity
- Sour and citrus fruits
- Chocolates and pastries
- Protein and calcium-rich food
- Soft drinks, tea, alcohol and coffee
- Skip oily foods.
- Use plenty of water in the early morning
- More focus on alkaline foods.
- Eat food whenever you feel hungry.
- Try to go to your bed early.
- Avoid big gap between two meals.
- Do meditation & Yoga