Everybody is longing for a suitable height whether it is a boy or a girl. The growth and height factor is very important for growing children but the domain is more concerned to girls. Girls are very conscious of height. Height matters a lot for personality. In fact, height boosts up your personality. Good height gives you great inner satisfaction. There are so many factors that are contributing to height. Some of the important factors are genetics, growth hormone, nutrition, environment, etc. Height can be increased only up to 20-25 years.
Yoga for Height
Growth is possible only through natural means along with physical exercise, diet, and the most important factor in Yoga. Yogic practices enhance and sustain the functional ability of the body. Some yogic practices, especially standing yoga and asanas are extremely beneficial for the growth of children in terms of height. Yoga has the ability to increase flexibility and suppleness to the body, and also helps in accelerating the function of the body. Few yogasanas help to stretch your spine. These yogic practices enable you to increase your height by a few inches. The regular practices of some yogic poseable to correct deformities of bones related to height. Yoga is helpful in decompressing the spine, strengthens vertebrae, and makes you taller to some inches. Thus, yoga directly or indirectly helps to make you taller.
How to increase height through Yoga?
Tadasana (Palm Tree Pose)
Tadasana means Palm Tree Pose. In this yoga asana, the body remains erect and the person gazed towards the sky, so also termed as a heavenly pose. Tadasana enables the entire spinal column stretched and loosens from top to bottom thereby helps in a healthy spine. Tadasana is a very beneficial yoga for the right stretching of the spine and also helps to correct posture. All these processes of straightening of the spine show good results for height. Thus, Tadasana is considered as one of the best yoga poses to increase height among growing children.
Benefits of Tadasana
- Tadasana is effective in stretching nerves and muscles thereby balancing the functions of various organs of the body.
- Tadasana is very important for a healthy spine, toning abdominal organs, and muscles, which also helps to increase height.
- It develops a sense of balance.
- It also toned up other muscles
- It helps sciatica patients.
- Tadasana makes your toes stronger.
How to perform Tadasana?
- How to do Tadasana, the following techniques have to follow step by step?
- Stand erect by having your feet 15 cm apart.
- Gaze your eyes open throughout the period.
- Breathe deeply while moving up your arms with an open palm; it should be directly above your head.
- Now, raises your heels, try to stand on your toes and the body should be stretch from top to bottom as far as possible.
- Keep your stomach in, chest forward and spine stretched.
- Weight should be distributed evenly both on the toes.
- Exhale; slowly take arms down along with the body.
- In the standing position, relax for some time.
- One should try to fix one’s gaze at a particular point.
Trikonasana (Triangle Posture)
Trikonasana (Triangle Posture) is beneficial in stretching muscles of the spinal column, thus helpful in making flexible and elongated spine. Trikonasana has been very successful in muscle expanding thereby good for height increase among growing children. Trikonasana relieves backache and strengthen buttocks. This asana is also very useful for sciatica patients.
Benefits of Trikonasana
- Trikonasana helps to increase appetite.
- Trikonasana strengthens the buttock and ease backache.
- It is good for the lungs.
- Trikonasana is helpful in curing pimples, boils, and blemishes.
- Also helpful in increasing height.
- It helps to remove constipation.
- Trikonasana manages diabetes.
- This asana proves useful for patients with sciatica if practiced slowly.
How to do Trikonasana?
- Stand erect with legs apart keeping one arm on the leg and another is parallel to the shoulder on the same side, do it with inhaling.
- Exhale; come to the original or standing position.
- Follow the same procedures for another side.
Hastottanasana (Up-stretched Arms Posture)
Hastottanasana consists of two words Hasta- means arms and Uttana means expand up or stretched up. Therefore, this asana is also known as Up-Stretched Arms Pose. Hastottanasana, in fact, the 2nd and 11th Yoga postures of Surya Namaskara. The Up-stretched Arms Posture is helpful in increasing height. It is beneficial in removing fats from the hip and buttocks. It also relieves constipation.
What are the Techniques for Hastottanasana?
- This is the standing pose. Hastottanasana can be performed in a very simple way. How to do Hastottanasana is being mentioned here?
- Erect on the ground with your feet together.
- Inhale, raise your arms by interlocking your fingers.
- Exhaling, bend to the left side from the waist.
- Slowly come to the original position
- Repeat the same practice for the right side.
Benefits for Hastottanasana
- Hastottanasana is a good asana for the back, neck, and spinal joints.
- Provide flexibility to the spine.
- Helps to a slim waist.
- Helps to remove fats from the hip and buttocks.
- It relieves constipation.
Dhanurasana (The Bow Pose)
In Sanskrit, the meaning of dhanu means bow. In the final stage, the asana took the form of a bow, hence, it is called a bow pose. Dhanurasana is acting as a rejuvenator for the spinal column. Dhanurasana is good stretching yoga, relieves stiffness, and provides flexibility and suppleness to the spine. Dhanurasana is good to achieve a healthy spine thereby helpful in increasing height among growing children.
- Lie down on the stomach position with arms parallel to your body.
- Your feet should be wide apart.
- Bend the knee and griped the ankles with hands.
- Lift your thigh, head, and chest to a certain height so it seems as a bow.
- Maintain the position for some time and gradually come to the original position.
Health Benefits of Dhanurasana
- Dhanurasana strengthens arms, neck, back, abdomen, and thigh muscles.
- The bow pose improves digestion.
- Dhanurasana makes the dislocated navel right.
- It is good for sexual vitality
- Dhanurasana helps to increase lung capacity thus good for asthmatic patients.
- Dhanurasana well massage the pancreas thereby helpful in diabetes.
- It is also good for chest related problems.
Chakrasana (Wheel Posture)
The meaning of chakra is a wheel. In the final stage, the asana seems to be liked as a wheel so it is known as the wheel pose. Chakrasana is one of the important extending asanas, which fortifies and straightens the spine, thus causing you to taller. Chakrasana helps in spine stretching and strengthening along with increasing its flexibility and suppleness.
- Lie flat on your back.
- Bend the legs and place the heels near the buttocks.
- The feet should be about 12 inches apart.
- Bend the arms and place the hands on the grounds, pointing fingers towards shoulders.
- Raise the head and trunk off the ground by straightening the legs and arms.
- Maintain the posture for a few seconds and come to the original position.
- Chakrasana is delaying aging.
- Chakrasana is beneficial in making the vertebral column supple and resilient.
- Helps to remove the rigidity of the spinal region.
- It shows positive impacts on each and every part of the body.
- Chakrasana practices discourage frozen shoulders.
- Practicing this asana helps to increase height at the growing age between 12-15 years.
Role of diet in height
Diet plays an effective role to enhance your height to some inches. The regimen of diet, exercise, and a balanced lifestyle are good to give a better personality. Protein diets along with some yoga practices along with exercises work wonder to increase height and boost your personality.
Exercises for height increase
Increasing height through surgery and drugs are of no use. It gives pain and put an excess burden on your budget. However, exercises are helpful to increase height up to 2-3 inches. Hanging also helps in stretching your body works well in increasing height. A rigorous fitness regimen of exercises helps to shed fat and weight thereby one feels slim and comfortable on the personality front.
Power Yoga increases the height
Power yoga is a form of muscle flexibility practices that provides the right kind of a stretch to joints and muscles. Power yoga is the complete package for body workouts where the maximum thrust is given on flexibility and strengthening of muscles. Power yoga is the combination of some powerful stretching yoga practices along with synchronization of breathing. Power yoga leads to profuse sweat and a rigorous regimen that gives you a slim and trim look.