The symptoms and signs are serious with chronic patients like, heart diseases, kidney problems, lungs malfunctioning, etc. It is better to consult your nearby physicians if you experience the following symptoms, especially with the patients of Cancer; Pregnant mother. For up to seven days, swine flu is considered contagious.
What are the Symptoms of Swine Flu?
• Abrupt fever, which is generally high.
• Unexpected cough
• Body aches
• Cough and cold
• Muscle twist
• Sore problems
• Sneezing and running nose is common
• Lack of Appetite
• Short of breath
• Diarrhea and Vomiting
What is Swine Flu?
Swine flu is a respiratory disease caused by influenza A virus H1N1 virus. Maximum people lack immunity against the swine influenza A (H1N1) virus, so it transfers easily from person to person and has created global anarchy. The strain H1N1 may have originated in pigs, but now it is common with Human beings.
Swine flu and High-Risk Groups
Following patients should be taken utmost care
• Acute lung disorders, heart problems
• Diseases of Kidney and Liver
• Pregnant mother
• Aged people
• Kids under 2
• Person suffering from obesity
Precautions and Treatments for Swine Flu
• For mild swine flu, it is better to take appropriate rest.
• Drinking plenty of water is recommended.
• In serious cases, consult your physicians and start taking antiviral medication.
• spread by direct contact, so keep away from such people.
• Sneezing droplets of may accumulate on doorknob, drinking glass, towel, etc. so clean it properly
• Anti-flu medications should start after consultation with Doctor.
• Covering the mouth and nose while coughing and sneezing.
• Used mask while going close to the infected person.
• Maintaining a high level of hygiene is of utmost importance.
• Surface sanitization is also important.
• Fever medicine may be taken after consultation with your doctor.
Side effects of swine flu vaccine
As far as safety is concerned, swine flu vaccination has a powerful record to reduce the sign, symptoms as well as the gravity of the disease. However, H1N1 swine flu vaccination has mild side effects. Some of the important side effects of H1N1 vaccination are as given below:
- Sore and redness of arms at the injection point.
- Mild headache
- Low fever
- Rare neurological reaction like Guillain-Barre syndrome
- Tendency of fainting
- Muscle ache, vomiting, wheezing and running nose when nasal spray is given.
- Breathing problem
- Dizziness and weakness
How to treat swine flu naturally
There are few homeopathic medicines, which are useful in treating the signs and symptoms of swine flu. These medicines should be taken after the consultation of a qualified doctor. Homeopathic medicine for swine flu:`
- Aconitum napellus
- Arsenicum album
- Bryonia alba
- Eupatorium perfoliatum
- Rbus tox
Swine flu high-risk group
The following category is at high risk of the H1N1 virus. They should be taken utmost care to minimize the spread of this flu.
- Aged people
- Children below age 5 years
- Pregnant mother
- Diabetic people
- People suffering from chronic illnesses of lung, heart, kidney, and liver.
- People associated with neurological problems should also take care of.
- People with low immunity.
Swine flu prevention tips
- Wash your hand frequently.
- Avoid touching your face
- Gargle with warm salt water as it helps to prevent the proliferation of the symptoms.
- Cleanse your nostril with warm salt water to prevent the ramifications of the germs.
- Eat more and more citrus fruits as they are acting like a natural immunity booster.
- Hot beverages are also recommended in swine flu.
Yoga for swine flu treatment
The following Yoga poses and exercises are helpful in curing swine flu and reducing the symptoms of this dreadful disease.
- Jalneti (nasal cleansing with water)
- Sutraneti (nasal cleansing with thread)
- Vastradhauti (cleansing with cloth)
- Bhastrika Pranayama