What is Power Yoga?
Power Yoga is a modern Yogic terminology that is commonly used in developed countries. Power Yoga is the blend of Ashtanga Yoga, Iyengar Yoga, Sivananda Yoga, Bikram Yoga, and Hath Yoga. To a larger extent, it is related to Ashtanga Yoga where complete body workouts are achieved. Optimum temperature is required to perform Power Yoga thereby helps in muscle flexibility. It is also known as Gym Yoga.
How power Yoga makes you slim?
Power Yoga practitioners give much more thrust upon Ashtanga Yoga which is founded by Sh. K. Pattabhi Jois. Ashtanga Yoga is a blend of breath and some advanced Yoga postures that provide intense internal heat in the body. The practice of Ashtanga Yoga releases profuse sweating helps to detoxify the organs and different systems of the body thereby leading to making the body slim. It leads to synchronization of body-mind that ultimately provides peace and calmness.
Who invented power Yoga?
The credit for discovering and developing Power Yoga went toBeryl Bender Birch and Bryan Kest; both are from the United States of America. In a true sense, one can say that Power Yoga originated in the US. Both Beryl and Bryan trained under Sh. K. Pattabhi Jois, the leader of Ashtanga Yoga. The term Power Yoga is coined by Beryl Bender Birch who has also penned down a book “Power Yoga: the Practice.”
Power Yoga centers in India
If we discussed in Indian perspectives then Power Yoga is lead by Pattabhi Jois. He is the master of Indian Power Yoga. However, numerous Yoga classes and centers around the country have open to trained people in power Yoga. One can also locate power yoga centers in Delhi and NCR.
Difference between Power Yoga and General Yoga
Power Yoga is the western notion where one sweats profusely like in Gym to purify and detoxify the body. In Power Yoga, minimum thrust is given to meditation, chanting, and mantra. While, General Yoga is a broad term that encompasses Asanas, Pranayama, Meditation, Shatkarma, Diet, etc.
Power Yoga for weight loss
Power Yoga is more related to fitness and weight loss by decreasing body fats. It enables you to give you a slim look due to its powerful regime and workouts. A number of Hollywood celebrities are doing power yoga for tone and slim body; it shows its significance and relevance.
Power Yoga for weight control & management
- Power Yoga is good for Weight loss and obese people as excessive sweating happens during its workouts which promotes fat burning.
- Power Yoga is good to develop physical flexibility
- Power Yoga is an effective cardio exercise.
- Excessive sweating during practicing Power Yoga burns fat and dissolves cholesterol, which helps in making you slim and smart.
- It is a beneficial exercise for athletes and sportspersons.
- The Power Yoga workouts help to detoxify the body from toxins.
- It acts as a stress buster and mood elevator.
- Power Yoga promotes mental stability, increase concentration and ability to focus is improved by Power Yoga
- It develops self-discipline.
- It strengthens stamina.