What is Power Yoga?
Power Yoga is a modern Yogic terminology commonly used in developed countries. Power Yoga is the blend of Ashtanga Yoga, Iyengar Yoga, Sivananda Yoga, Bikram Yoga, and Hath Yoga. To a more significant extent, it is related to Ashtanga Yoga where complete body workouts are achieved. An optimum temperature is required to perform Power Yoga, thereby helping in muscle flexibility. It is also known as Gym Yoga.
How does power Yoga make you slim?
Power Yoga practitioners give much more thrust upon Ashtanga Yoga, which Sh founds. K. Pattabhi Jois. Ashtanga Yoga is a blend of breath and some advanced Yoga postures that provide intense internal heat in the body. Ashtanga Yoga releases profuse sweating and helps to detoxify the organs and different body systems, thereby making the body slim. It leads to the synchronisation of body-mind that ultimately provides peace and calmness.
Who invented power Yoga?
The credit for discovering and developing Power Yoga went to Beryl Bender Birch and Bryan Kest; both are from the United States of America. In a true sense, Power Yoga originated in the US. Both Beryl and Bryan trained under Sh. K. Pattabhi Jois, the leader of Ashtanga Yoga. The term Power Yoga was coined by Beryl Bender Birch, who has also penned the book “Power Yoga: The Practice.”
Power Yoga Centres in India
From an Indian perspective, Power Yoga is led by Pattabhi Jois. He is the master of Indian Power Yoga. However, nationwide Yoga classes and centres have opened to train people in power Yoga. One can also locate power yoga centres in Delhi and NCR.
Difference between Power Yoga and General Yoga
Power Yoga is the Western notion where one sweats profusely, like in a Gym, to purify and detoxify the body. In Power Yoga, minimum thrust is given to meditation, chanting, and mantra. At the same time, General Yoga is a broad term encompassing Asanas, Pranayama, Meditation, Shatkarma, Diet, etc.
Power Yoga for weight loss
Power Yoga is more related to fitness and weight loss by decreasing body fats. It enables you to give you a slim look due to its robust regime and workouts. Several Hollywood celebrities are doing power yoga for tone and lean body; it shows its significance and relevance.
Power Yoga for Weight Control and Management
- Power Yoga is good for Weight loss and obese people as excessive sweating happens during workouts, promoting fat burning.
- Power Yoga is good for developing physical flexibility
- Power Yoga is an effective cardio exercise.
- Excessive sweating during practising Power Yoga burns fat and dissolves cholesterol, which helps in making you slim and smart.
- It is a beneficial exercise for athletes and sportspersons.
- The Power Yoga workouts help to detoxify the body from toxins.
- It acts as a stress buster and mood elevator.
- Power Yoga promotes mental stability, increase concentration and ability to focus is improved by Power Yoga
- It develops self-discipline.
- It strengthens stamina.
What are the benefits of Power Yoga?
Power yoga is a dynamic and physically demanding form that offers several benefits for physical and mental well-being. Here are some of the benefits of power yoga:
- Improved Flexibility: Power yoga incorporates a wide range of poses and stretches, which can gradually increase flexibility in the muscles and joints. Regular practice can lead to an increased range of motion and reduced stiffness.
- Strength Building: Power yoga involves holding challenging poses and moving through sequences that require significant muscle engagement. This can help build muscle tone and strength, particularly in the core, arms, legs, and back.
- Cardiovascular Health: Power yoga’s continuous flow and intensity can elevate the heart rate, providing cardiovascular benefits. It helps improve circulation, stamina, and overall cardiovascular fitness.
- Weight Management: The physical activity involved in power yoga can contribute to weight loss and weight management when combined with a balanced diet. It can help burn calories and increase metabolism.
- Stress Reduction: The emphasis on deep, controlled breathing and mindfulness in power yoga can reduce stress levels. This practice encourages relaxation, helps clear the mind, and promotes mental calmness.
- Enhanced Mental Focus: Power yoga requires concentration and presence in the moment. Regular practice can improve mental focus and cognitive function, both on and off the mat
- Better Posture: Power yoga promotes body alignment and posture awareness. Over time, it can help correct poor posture habits and promote better spinal alignment.
- Increased Energy Levels: Power yoga can boost energy levels by improving blood circulation and oxygenating the body. Many practitioners report feeling more energised after a session.
- Body Awareness: Power yoga emphasises the connection between breath, mind, and body. This heightened awareness can lead to better self-awareness and mindfulness in daily life.
- Mental Well-being: Regular practice can reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression, as well as enhance overall mental well-being. The combination of physical activity and mindfulness can contribute to a positive mood.