What is Power Yoga?
Power Yoga is a modern Yogic terminology that is commonly used in the developed countries. Power Yoga is the blend of Ashtanga Yoga, Iyengar Yoga, Sivananda Yoga, Bikram Yoga and Hath Yoga. To a larger extent, it is related with Ashtanga Yoga where complete body workouts is achieved. Optimum temperature is required to perform Power Yoga thereby helps in muscle flexibility. It is also known as Gym Yoga.
Image courtesy of MR LIGHTMAN / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
How power Yoga makes you slim?
Power Yoga practitioners give much more thrust upon Ashtanga Yoga which is founded by Sh. K. Pattabhi Jois. Ashtanga Yoga is a blend of breath and some advance Yoga postures that provides intense internal heat in the body. The practising of Ashtanga Yoga releases profuse sweating helps to detoxify the organs and different system of the body thereby lead in making the body slim. It leads to synchronisation of body-mind that ultimately provides peace and calmness.
Who invented power Yoga?
The credit of discovering and developing Power Yoga went toBeryl Bender Birch and Bryan Kest; both are from United States of America. In true sense, one can say that Power Yoga originated in US. Both Beryl and Bryan trained under Sh. K. Pattabhi Jois, the leader of Ashtanga Yoga. The term Power Yoga is coined by Beryl Bendere Birch who has also pen down a book “Power Yoga: the Practice.”
Power Yoga centres in India
If we discussed in Indian perspectives then Power Yoga is lead by Pattabhi Jois. He is the master of Indian Power Yoga. However, numerous Yoga classes and centres around the country have open to trained people in power Yoga. One can also locate power yoga centres in Delhi and NCR.
Difference between Power Yoga and General Yoga
Power Yoga is the western notion where one sweats profusely like in Gym to purify and detoxify the body. In Power Yoga, minimum thrust is given to meditation, chanting and mantra. While, General Yoga is a broad term that encompasses Asanas, Pranayama, Meditation, Shatkarma, Diet, etc.
Power Yoga for weight loss
Power Yoga is more related to fitness and weight loss by decreasing body fats. It enables to give you a slim look due to its powerful regime and workouts. A number of Hollywood celebrities are doing power yoga for tone and slim body; it shows its significance and relevance.
Power Yoga for weight control & management
- Power Yoga is good for Weight loss and obesity people as excessive sweating happens during its workouts which promote fat burning.
- Power Yoga is good to develop physical flexibility
- Power Yoga is an effective cardio exercise.
- Excessive sweating during practising Power Yoga burns fat and dissolves cholesterol, which helps in making you slim and smart.
- It is a beneficial exercise for athlete and sportspersons.
- The Power Yoga workouts help to detoxify the body from toxins.
- It acts like as stress buster and mood elevator.
- Power Yoga promotes mental stability, increase concentration and ability to focus is improved by Power Yoga
- It develops self-discipline.
- It strengthens stamina.