Natarajasana or Lord of the dance yoga takes its name from god Shiva-the lord of dancers. Natarajasana is a Sanskrit word that means Nata-dance, Raja-King, Asana- indicates yoga pose. It is pronounced as nut-ah-raj-ahs-anna.
Top 10 facts of Natarajasana
- Its advanced yogasana
- Style is vinyasa
- Initially, it should maintain for 10 seconds, and gradually time may be increased as per own capacity.
- It provides stretching from toes to fingers i.e. shoulder, thighs, abdomen, groin, etc.
- It gives strength to legs, ankles, wrists, elbows.
- It is lord Shiva yoga.
- It is also called king dancer yoga.
- It gives a feeling of invigoration
- It prevents obesity.
- The pose is of grace nature.
How to do Nataraj asana
- First of all, one should stand erect.
- Raise either the leg; bend it at the knee; and take it behind the back as high as possible. However, do as per own capacity. Don’t take more strain while raising the leg.
- Now, raise both hands up, take them back and hold the toes of the raised foot with both hands above the head as high as possible.
- Keep your head erect and look at the front.
- Maintain the pose as long as you can do.
- Return to the original position.
- The same thing does with another leg.
- It completes one round.
- Try to do 2-3 rounds initially.
- Weight loss: This is one of the few poses, which helps in reducing fat from the entire body. If you are eager to make your body slim and fit, practice yoga on regular basis. On the other hand, it also boosts your metabolic rate, which helps in fat shedding.
- Concentration: It helps to improve concentration.
- Strengthens legs: The practice of this asana helps to make your legs and arms stronger.
- Prevent calcium deposition: It ensures the prevention of calcium deposition in the shoulders and brain.
- Balance body: The practice of this asana is good for balancing the body.
- Strengthens the ankle: It makes your ankles, chest, and hips stronger.
- Abdominal organs: It gives the proper stretch to the abdominal organs. Thus good for digestion.
- Flexibility: If you want to increase your body flexibility, this is one of the best yoga poses.
- Stress: It helps to reduce stress and develop your stamina.
- Heart: The practice of the lord of the dance pose is beneficial for heart health.
Yoga helps in practicing of natarajasana
Natarajasana is a balancing & advanced yoga, needs more concentration and flexibility to become a master of it. But practicing some yoga poses is helpful in the perfection of the lord of the dance pose. The preparatory pose are: adho mukhasana, dhanurasana, hunumanasana, virbhadrasana, vrksasana, garudasana, etc.
Some of the few contraindications of the yoga pose are:
- Low blood pressure: Don’t do this yoga if you are having low blood pressure.
- Balancing: Performing this yoga, balancing is of utmost importance.
- It is better if one practices it before a yoga expert.
- Avoid excessive stretching.
2 thoughts on “Natarajasana (Lord of the Dance Pose) Steps, Benefits and Precautions”
Perfect Post on Natarajasana. Keep up the good work.