K Pattabhi Jois Ashtanga Yoga Institute
Yogacharya Shri K. Pattabhi Jois (Guruji) was born in 1915, in Kowshika, a small hamlet located 150 kilometers from Mysore, Karnataka, India. K. Pattabhi Jois became the dedicated disciple of Sri T. Krishnamacharya at the age of 12 years. K Pattabhi Jois Ashtanga Yoga Institute is located at #235 8th Cross, Gokulam, 3rd Stage Mysore-570 002, Karnataka, India. The Ashtanga Yoga Institute is worldwide famous for its unique yoga practices. It has students across the world.
Pattabhi Jois Ashtanga Yoga classes
K Pattabhi Jois Ashtanga Yoga classes and courses are worldwide famous. It has a large number of foreign students, who dedicatedly and intensively learn and practice Yoga. For more detailed information on yoga classes and courses, you are requested to Click the given below Links.
Pattabhi Jois Ashtanga Yoga Practices
Parampara is the knowledge in the form of direct and practical experience that is passed in succession from teacher to student. It happens only when a student devotes many years to a teacher who has completely surrendered in body, mind, speech, and inner being.
In the traditional method, all students are taught Surya Namaskar followed by different yogasanas and concluded by Padmasana and deep breathing, and a few minutes of rest. Vinyasa is an integral part of the Traditional method where much more focus is given between breathing and movement.
Opening prayer and Closing prayer
Pattabhi Jois Ashtanga Yoga Institute teachers
The Ashtanga Yoga Institute is known for its dedication to the education of yoga practitioners. It has an official record of teachers approved by the K Pattabhi Jois Ashtanga Yoga Institute (KPJAYI), who can teach the Ashtanga yoga method as taught by Shri K. Pattabhi Jois and R. Sharath. The teachers of the institute are experienced practitioners and dedicated students who have shown a considerable degree of proficiency and appreciation of ashtanga yoga in its traditional form. The institute has teachers in different continents and countries such as Africa, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Central & South America, Europe, and North America.
Ashtanga Yoga of K Pattabhi Jois
Initially, Ashtanga Yoga was taught by Vamana Rishi in the Yoga Korunta. The text was imparted to Sri T. Krishnamacharya in the early 1900s by his Guru Rama Mohan Brahmachari and was later passed down to Pattabhi Jois during the duration of his studies with Krishnamacharya. As per Guruji, Ashtanga Yoga comprises of the following:
- Vinyasa: Vinyasa means breathing and movement system, which is helpful in cleansing the body.
- Tristhana: where thrust is given on posture, breathing system, and looking place, which purifies the body, nervous system, and mind.
- The six poisons: These six poisons (kama, krodha, moha, lobha, matsarya, and mada) surround the heart. These are represented by desire, anger, delusion, greed, envy, and sloth.
Pattabhi Jois Ashtanga Yoga resources
- Yoga Mala: The book is written by Sh. Pattabhi Jois offers a garland of yoga. If you want to purchase the book, please contact Katherine Cox at 646-307-5441 or email@example.com. You may also contact Kristen Galvin at 646-307-5437 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Surya Namaskara: It is written by Sh. Pattabhi Jois.
- Astanga Yoga Anusthana: It is written by R Sharath Jois.
- The other resources of the Institute includes CDs and DVDs.
How to reach Ashtanga Yoga Institute?
For detailed information, you can contact on the given address, email, and website.
#235 8th Cross, Gokulam, 3rd Stage
Mysore-570 002, Karnataka, India
phone: +91 9880185500