How to make kidney bean sprouts at home?
One should prefer to make sprouts at home to have more and more of its nutritional values, multiple nutrients as well as for its freshness, refreshing and healthy aspects. The making of sprouts is an easy task, the same case is also with moong bean sprouts. It is preferable to prepare sprouts naturally instead of sprout maker.
First of all, take a clean bowl/container/jar. Now, wash the moong green bean (2-3 cups) 2-3 times so that dirt, stone, or broken bean can be removed. Filled these mung beans/kidney beans inside the bowl, put fresh water for better facilitation of germination, and cover the beans overnight. The cover should not be kept tightly as it will prevent germination due to lack of oxygen. The soaking time should a minimum of 8 hours whereby the beans have become thrice of their volume. Left the ingredients for two days before sprouting starts appearing. Container water should be removed from time to time to prevent foul smell. Now, the sprout is ready for eating.
How to make moong sprouts with muslin cloth?
In spite of using a bowl or container, a larger number of people are also using cloth/muslin cloth for sprouting or moong dal sprouting. Initially, wash the kidney bean with fresh water and put the moong inside the water overnight. Now, wrapped it with a wet clean cloth and put the kidney beans into a container. Left it there for two days, observing dryness, may sprinkle water over the cloth. You can see sprouting from the moong bean which is ready for eating purposes.
In hot weather, sprouts may appear in 10-12 hours but in winter climatic conditions, one has to wait for two days or more for sprouting. For getting long sprouts, sprinkling should be done from time to time to maintain its moisture.
Moong sprouts nutrition facts
Mung green bean sprouts are blended with a powerhouse of nutrients. Moong sprouts are a good source of vitamin A, B, C, E, folic acid, potassium, estrogen, omega-3, and omega-6 fatty acid. Moong dal sprouts have an adequate concentration of minerals, proteins, vitamins, and enzymes. Good source of enzyme in moong seed sprouts make it easily digestible. As per Ayurveda science, the kidney bean is associated with all the three doshas-Vatta, Pitta and Kapha.
Homemade Moong sprouts recipes
Generally, sprouts are preferred raw for eating purposes. But these can be used in making a variety of recipes and dishes. Mung sprouts can be used as salads, snacks, mung poha, kidney bean adai, moong sandwich, etc. Green bean sprouts are healthy and easily digestible. Steamed fried moong sprouts may be used for chaats like golgappa, dahi puri and dahi missal. Raw moong sprouts chaat may be prepared by mixing chopped onion, tomato, and coriander. Boiled mung sprouts chaat can be prepared by finely cutting onion, tomato, cucumber, green chilies, and green coriander. Another recipe of kidney bean sprouts can be prepared with a combination of cucumber, lemon, and green chilies.
Amazing benefits of eating kidney bean sprouts
- Moong bean sprouts are known as one of the best health foods because of the presence of numerous nutrients.
- Moong sprouts are recommended for those who wanted to reduce weight.
- If you wanted to opt a low-calorie diet, which has a better metabolic impact, it is suggested to have green bean sprouts.
- Kidney bean sprouts are full of antioxidants that prevent free radicals to cause diseases.
- Green bean sprouts help in the cell anabolic process of the body.
- Mung bean sprouts are adequate with roughage and fiber, thus help in digestion and ease constipation.
- Women, who are experiencing menopause, may exert mung sprouts as these will prevent blushes.
- Kidney bean sprouts are considered as one of the most complete diets and also termed as superfoods.
- Kidney bean sprouts are one the best sprouts, associated with no fat and no cholesterol.
- It has a good source of minerals like calcium and iron.
Moong sprouts precautions
- Always use fresh and clean water as the sprouting (green beans) soaked water.
- Remove water from time to time from the sprouted jar to prevent foul smell.
- The container/jar lid should not be tightly closed as the sprouts need air for proper germination. It will also prevent foul smell.
- Eat sprouts only after washing them.
- The sprouted container shouldn’t be kept directly in sunlight.
- The refrigerator can be used to keep the sprouts fresh and refreshing.
- One should prefer eating fresh sprouts instead of taking them after two or three days as it may get slightly bitter.
- Wash the raw moong bean properly before sprouting to remove unwanted ingredients.
- Having problems with digestion, one may fry the kidney bean sprouts, especially in the case of old people.