What is dengue?
Dengue is a mosquito borne disease of aedes family. It is caused by Aedes ageypti. The disease encompasses over the tropical land and become the perennial headache for the people as well as the governments across the world. About more than 100 countries in the tropical zone are facing this problem and thousands of people died of it. It is also known as ‘Breakbone fever’ because of its severe body ache and joint pains. Prevention and precautions are utmost important in combating this disease.
Dengue fever symptoms
Image Source: pixabay.com
The symptoms and signs of dengue fever generally begin after three to fourteen days of infections. Some of the visible symptoms are being below:
- High fever
- Muscle pain
- Joint pain
- In severe cases, it may also cause bleeding, low platelets.
- Palm and soles get redden
- Acute body ache
- Skin rashes
- Abdominal pain
- Low WBC
How dengue fever caused?
The dengue fever is caused or transmitted through Aedes mosquitoes. The main mosquito, which is responsible for its transmission is Aedes aegypti. They may bite anytime of the day but more prominent in the morning and evening. Besides Aedes aegypti, other species transmit the disease are A.albopictus, A.polynesiensis and A.scutellaris.
Dengue fever diagnosis
Initially, it is difficult to differentiate between normal fever and dengue fever. However, physical examination, symptoms like nausea, vomiting, rash, low WBC and positive tourniquet test are helpful in making the positive diagnosis. Diagnosing is also easy with observing symptoms like acute abdominal pain, vomiting, liver enlargement, mucous bleeding, low count of platelets and feeling of letharginess.
How to treat dengue naturally?
The occurrence of dengue creates fear and havoc among the masses. Along with prevention and precautions, its transmission can be minimized to a greater extent by using alternative medicine. Let’s know how nature cure is effective in the treatment of dengue.
- The first and foremost thing is to maintain body fluid and platelets.
- Oral intake should be given frequently.
- Give fresh papaya leave juice as these are helpful in increasing the platelets count.
- Giloy regulates your metabolic rate and strengthen the immune system. Boil its stem, strain and drink after making it cool.
- Fenugreek leaves are helpful in reducing fever and acts as sedative to induce sleeping.
- Turmeric along with milk may be given to ease the symptoms.
- The drink of Tulsi leaves and black pepper is also beneficial.
- Digestible diet should be preferred.
- To reduce the body temperature, one should undergo hydrotherapy.
- Homeopathy medicine like Aconitum napellus 30, Bryonia alba 30, and Rhus toxicodendron 30 may be taken after the consultation of Homeopathic physician.
- Paracetamol may also be given to ease fever.
Dengue prevention steps
- Develop social awareness and social mobilization among the masses regarding breeding, biting and transmission of aedes mosquito vector.
- Pooled water is the breeding ground for such mosquitoes, so spray germicides for such conditions.
- Water cooler should be cleaned on weekly basis.
- Kerosene oil or petrol is effective to control breeding of such mosquito.
- Mosquito net and repellant should be used.
- Both children and adult should use long-sleeved dresses.
- Use screen on doors and windows.
- Water may accumulate in discarded items such as tyres, broken pots, vase, etc. So, take care of these things.
- After observing the symptoms, consult your doctor immediately.
Dengue precautions means
- Avoid fast, spicy and junk foods
- Rest should be given top priority.
- Water cooler should be washed regularly.
- Keep yourself away from dirty water bodies.
- Keep your garbage covered.
- Take care of old and discarded tyres.
- Your flower pots should take care of by replacing its water on daily basis.
- Think about hygiene.