What is dengue?
- Dengue is a mosquito-borne disease of the Aedes family.
- Aedes ageypti causes it.
- The disease over tropical land has become a perennial headache for people and governments worldwide.
- About more than 100 countries in the tropical zone are facing this problem, and thousands of people died of it.
- It is also known as ‘Breakbone fever’ because of its severe body aches and joint pains.
- Prevention and precautions are of utmost importance in combating this disease.
Dengue fever symptoms and signs generally begin after three to fourteen days of infections. Some of the visible symptoms are below:
- High fever
- Muscle pain
- Joint pain
- In severe cases, it may also cause bleeding low platelets.
- Palm and soles get redden
- Acute body aches
- Skin rashes
- Abdominal pain
- Low WBC
How is dengue fever caused?
- dengue fever is caused or transmitted through Aedes mosquitoes.
- The primary mosquito responsible for its transmission is Aedes aegypti.
- They may bite any time of the day but are more prominent in the morning and evening.
- Besides Aedes aegypti, other species that transmit the disease are A. albopictus, A.polynesiensis, and A.scutellaris.
- Initially, it is initially challenging to differentiate between normal and dengue fever.
- However, physical examination, symptoms like nausea, vomiting, rash, low WBC, and a positive tourniquet test help make a positive diagnosis.
- Diagnosing is also accessible by observing symptoms like acute abdominal pain, vomiting, liver enlargement, mucous bleeding, low count of platelets, and feeling of lethargies.
How to treat dengue naturally?
The occurrence of dengue creates fear and havoc among the masses. Along with prevention and precautions, alternative medicine can minimize its transmission to a greater extent. Let’s know how a natural cure is effective in treating dengue.
- The first and foremost thing is to maintain body fluid and platelets.
- Oral intake should be given frequently.
- Give fresh papaya leaf juice, as this helps increase the platelet count.
- Giloy regulates your metabolic rate and strengthens the immune system. Boil its stem, strain, and drink after making it extraordinary.
- Fenugreek leaves help reduce fever and act as a sedative to induce sleep.
- Turmeric and milk may be given to ease the symptoms.
- The drink of Tulsi leaves and black pepper is also beneficial.
- A digestible diet should be preferred.
- To reduce the body temperature, one should undergo hydrotherapy.
- Homeopathy medicine like Aconitum napellus 30, Bryonia alba 30, and Rhus Toxicodendron 30 may be taken after the consultation of a Homeopathic physician.
- Paracetamol may also be given to ease fever.
Dengue prevention steps
- Develop social awareness and social mobilization among the masses regarding breeding, biting, and transmission of Aedes mosquito vector.
- Pooled water is the breeding ground for mosquitoes, so spray germicides for such conditions.
- The water cooler should be cleaned every week.
- Kerosene oil or petrol effectively controls the breeding of such mosquitoes.
- Mosquito net and repellant should be used.
- Both children and adults should wear long-sleeved dresses.
- Use screens on doors and windows.
- Water may accumulate in discarded items such as tires, broken pots, vases, etc. So, take care of these things.
- After observing the symptoms, consult your doctor immediately.
Dengue precautions means
- Avoid fast, spicy, and junk foods
- The rest should be given top priority.
- The water cooler should be washed regularly.
- Keep yourself away from dirty water bodies.
- Keep your garbage covered.
- Take care of old and discarded tires.
- Your flower pots should be cared for by replacing their water daily.
- Think about hygiene.