Dandruff is a condition that affects the head portion and produces white flakes in hair and on clothing. It does not cause hair loss. If white flakes persist for a long time, the person may experience symptoms of seborrhea, psoriasis, or eczema. Alternative medicine plays a vital role in the remedial measures of the condition. Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) like Yoga, Ayurveda, Naturopathy, Homeopathy, Unani, Siddha, diet, etc. has effective solutions. Home remedies, prevention, and precautions are also important aspects of curing it.
Some important symptoms and signs of the condition are being given below:
- Scaling of the skin in the form of white and snowflakes
- The peeling scalp may be observed on the shoulder and clothes
- Scalp itching that leads to redness
- Red blisters on the scalp
- Dry facial skin
- Eyebrow and ears rashes
- Dandruff in Eyebrow, ears,
- White flakes on dark clothes are the dominant symptom
- Dry skin gradually convert into it
- Psoriasis-excessive flaking
- Seborrheic dermatitis-inflamed skin
- Presence of fungus malassezia that thrives on the skin oil
- Unhygienic scalp
- Dry skin
- Mental stress and skin problem
- Excessive use of shampoo
- Hair treatments through different chemicals i.e. lotions
- It prone to the winter season
- Hormonal and immune factors
- Red and oily skin
- Oily scalp
- Certain skin disorders
- Head injury
- Psoriasis-layer of dead skin cells
- Cradle cap
- Poor immune system
- Chronic illness
- Hormonal imbalance
- Allergic hypersensitive
- Excessive consumption of fat, starch, sugar
- Excessive junk food
- Psoriasis and eczema patients may get dandruff
- People suffering from Parkinson’s disease, heart attack, strokes, and a weak immune system are more prone to dandruff.
The condition hardly shows any complications. It may happen due to some form of Shampoos or other chemicals.
- If a product showing an adverse reaction to your head, stop it immediately.
- Seborrhoeic dermatitis may cause infection.
- Seborrhoeic dermatitis may spread pus and redness.
Dandruff risk factors
Certain illnesses like Parkinson’s disease, AIDS, Eczema, psoriasis, etc. are like to develop the condition.
- Highly acidic and alkaline shampoo may be responsible for it.
- Male are more prone due to some greasy substance produced by the scalp.
- Oily hair is more susceptible.
- A powerful chemical may cause it.
- Young adults are more prone to white flakes.
- Unbalanced diet and nutritional deficiencies.
- Stress and fatigue
- No brushing of hair
- Unavailability of sunlight
Dandruff tests and diagnosis
- For seborrhoeic dermatitis, the doctor looks at a red rash on your skin
- The doctor can ask you about the duration and harshness of symptoms
- Examine the scalp to know about any white flakes
- The doctor also requires about Psoriasis and Fungal infection.
Yoga for dandruff control
Stress is one of the main reasons for this condition. To contend stress, an anti-dandruff agent is hardly effective. However, Yoga has an effective remedy for the problems. Treating and cures of it through yoga and Yogasana is prevalent for a long time.
- Shirshasana is a good yoga pose that enhances blood circulation to the head and brain thereby nourishes the scalp with necessary nutrients.
- Sarvangasana improves blood circulation to the head.
- Paschimottasana controls hair fall and slows down aging too.
- Chakrasana helps to solve the problems of the scalp and supply more oxygen to the head.
- Chin mudra circulates oxygen throughout the body.
- Matsyasana prevents greying and falling of hair.
- Surya Namaskara (Salutation to the sun) is quite effective.
- Nadi Shodhana Pranayama manages it.
- Meditation is one of the best techniques to control stress and anxiety as these two factors aggravate the condition.
Naturopathy dandruff remedy
- Massage of the scalp is quite effective in controlling the white flakes.
- Massage with herbal oil is a very effective prevention measure.
Ayurveda treatment for dandruff
Ayurveda, being a holistic medicine, is a useful natural remedy for white flakes treatment, the grey of hair, baldness, and hair fall. Lots of Ayurvedic herbs are available that can be used as Ayurvedic medicines for this condition treatments and remedies.
- Scalp massage with sesame oil helps in removing this. It is a good herbal remedy for it.
- Fenugreek seeds help in improving the condition thus a natural cure agent for it.
- The use of ash gourds seeds regularly is effective for its management.
- Apply a paste of neem leaves and wash it after 30 minutes to cure it. It is an effective natural remedy for this condition.
- Rosemary rejuvenates the scalp thereby stop white flakes.
- Green gram powder is also useful.
- Ayurvedic medicines like Dudurpatradi Tailam, Gandhaka Rasayana, Brihat Haridra, Khand, etc. may be used after consultation from the doctor.
- Massage your head with Aloe Vera and leave for 10 minutes to have good results.
- For good hair white flakes treatment, Alfalfa shows good results.
- Alfalfa + Carrots + Lettuce control it.
- Apply a paste of Methi seeds for good results.
- The application of Indian hemp reduces it.
- A mixture of Coconut oil + Camphor helps to check it.
- A mix of lemon juice + coconut oil to check the problem.
- Mix a spoon of Caster oil, Mustard oil, and Coconut oil and apply it on your scalp.
- Rub the scalp with the mix of lime juice + pure vinegar followed by egg wash.
- Massage the scalp with the pest of Tulsi leaves + Amla powder + Water. Left for 30 minutes and wash it slowly to ward off it.
- Egg Shampoo of 2-3 eggs is also quite effective.
- For good results, apply the oil of Neelibringadhi or triphaladhi or kayyunyathi after a bath.
Homeopathy cure for dandruff
Homeopathic medicine is helpful in curing the condition. A few of the important homeopathic treatments and remedies are given below.
- Sepia- is recommended with the oily and moist scalp which is associated with white flakes.
- Graphite is preferred with scaly, itching, and moist scalp.
- Arsenicum- is suggested when the scalp is dry, sensitive, and intolerable itching.
- Natrum mur- is given when the scalp has thin hair that is surrounded by the crust.
- Sulfur is beneficial in the case of acute conditions.
- Thuja is helpful when the scalp is covered with white scaly flakes.
- Sanicula for white flakes.
- Psorinum is used when the white flakes are associated with smell and stink.
- Phosphorous is advisable with the red and itching scalp.
- In severe cases, use Mezerium.
- When itching is predominant, one should take Ammonium Mur.
- Calcarea Sul and Kali Sul are very effective.
Top dandruff care
- Avoid sweet, oily, and junk food.
- Always use a light hand whenever you brush your scalp.
- Eat a balanced and nourishing diet.
- Accessories like straightening hair, dryers, gel, etc. should be avoided.
- Wash your scalp properly so to remove flakes agents.
- Avoid more oil and oily product on the scalp.
- Practice relaxation and meditation.
- Covered your scalp to avoid harsh conditions.
- Powerful chemicals in the form of shampoo should be skipped.
- Follow natural treatments or home remedies.
Best diet for dandruff
- Balance diet like Vitamin B-complex, high proteinus food, whole grains, whole pulses should be given high priority.
- Take about 8-10 glasses of water for protection of your scalp.
- Reduced the quantity of fatty, junk, and fried foods.
- Use profusely yogurt as it antagonist of yeast.
Easy home remedies for dandruff
Homemade remedies for this condition are safe, easy, cost-effective, and can be made at home without any hassle. Here is the list of natural home remedy and treatments for white flakes are:
- Manage stress and tension naturally as these worsen the symptoms.
- Massage with tree oil is extremely beneficial and a good home-made remedy.
- Herbal, as well as good shampoo, prevents it.
- Rinse the mix of cider vinegar + water on the scalp to control and cure it.
- Massage the scalp with 1 tsp of lemon juice + 2 tsp of vinegar before washing your hair with egg.
- Wrap your head with a clean towel after massaging the head with wheat germ oil.
- Apply Aloe Vera gel on your scalp and leave it for 30 minutes before washing. It is a good solution.
- Apply the paste of Methi seeds + yogurt and left it overnight before washing of olive oil for 10 days helps to check the condition.
- Massage your scalp with warm coconut oil and wash it in the morning for good results.
- Hair washes with Methi seed prevent it. Methi seed should be kept in water overnight then use the paste on the scalp.
- Washing hair with lime juice + water helps to overcome.
- Rub your scalp with coconut oil + rosemary oil. In the morning, wash the scalp with warm lemon juice water.
- Massage the scalp with the mix of egg + water and leave it for 10 minutes before washing it through warm water.
- Use the mix of lime juice +Amla juice on your scalp at night and wash it in the morning.
- Rub the paste of tea tree oil +olive oil over your scalp and wash it after 30 minutes.
- Use the mix of tea leaves + lime water after washing your hair to say goodbye to dandruff for formation.
- Apply the solution of sandalwood oil + lemon juice in the ratio of 1:3 and wash it after 30 minutes.
- Apply the mix of coconut oil + lime juice over your scalp to ward off it.
- The application of mustard oil + lime juice is quite effective.
- Massage of Neem oil is effective both for white flakes and psoriasis.
- Rub the mix of almond oil + olive oil on your scalp.
- Simply, the application of coconut oil on the scalp is a common treatment.
- Apply the paste of Amla + Bhringraj to keep away from the condition.
- The use of lemon on the head is a common remedy.
- A good soap is also recommended to avoid problems.
- Massage of boiled beetroot is good.
- Apply the solution of green gram powder + curd twice a week.
- Massage with the juice of snake gourd over the scalp.
- Rub your scalp with curd to have positive results.
- Apply the solution of thyme leaves to cure it.
- Bath with the hot stream to prevent the problem.
- Apply the mix of camphor and coconut.
- Vitamin E oil is also quite beneficial.
Top dandruff prevention
Some of the best prevention and precautions measures for white flakes are:
- A balanced and nourishing diet prevents the condition.
- Brush and comb should be clean on regular basis.
- Regular wash and combing prevent it.
- Cleanliness of combs should be given utmost importance.
- Clean your scalp regularly to avoid a layer of dead cells.
- Washing hair with strong shampoo should be avoided.
- Fried, Junk, and heavy fatty food should be avoided.
- A balanced and nourishing diet is preferred.
- Give more weight to fruits and vegetables.
- Dandruff is reduced with a low GI diet.
- It is difficult to prevent in case of dominancy of Skin Yeast, increased sebaceous gland production, and hormonal disorders.
- Excessive stress deteriorates the condition.
- Adequate sunlight is essential.
- Avoid hair sprays, gels, and irritating shampoo or soaps.
2 thoughts on “Dandruff Treatment with Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Home Remedies and Yoga”
Nice post sir.
Great stuff and It will useful for us. Thank you for posting wonderful guidance on dandruff.