Dandruff is a condition that affects the head portion and produces white flakes in hair and on clothing. It does not cause hair loss. If white flakes persist for long, the person may experience seborrhea, psoriasis, or eczema symptoms. Alternative medicines have a say in this.
Some critical symptoms and signs of the condition are given below:
- Scaling of the skin in the form of white and snowflakes
- The peeling scalp may be observed on the shoulder and clothes
- Scalp itching that leads to redness
- Red blisters on the scalp
- Dry facial skin
- Eyebrow and ear rashes
- Dandruff in Eyebrow, ears,
- White flakes on dark clothes are the dominant symptom
- Dry skin gradually converts into it
- Psoriasis-excessive flaking
- Seborrheic dermatitis-inflamed skin
- Presence of fungus Malassezia that thrives on the skin oil
- Unhygienic scalp
- Dry skin
- Mental stress and skin problems
- Excessive use of shampoo
- Hair treatments through different chemicals, i.e. lotions
- It is prone to the winter season
- Hormonal and immune factors
- Red and oily skin
- Oily scalp
- Certain skin disorders
- Head injury
- Psoriasis-layer of dead skin cells
- Cradle cap
- Poor immune system
- Chronic illness
- Hormonal imbalance
- Allergic hypersensitive
- Excessive consumption of fat, starch, sugar
- Excessive junk food
- Psoriasis and eczema patients may get dandruff
- People who have Parkinson’s disease, heart attack, strokes, and a weak immune system are more prone to dandruff.
The condition hardly shows any complications. It may happen due to some form of Shampoos or other chemicals.
- If a product shows an adverse reaction to your head, stop it immediately.
- Seborrhoeic dermatitis may cause infection.
- Seborrhoeic dermatitis may spread pus and redness.
Dandruff risk factors
Certain illnesses like Parkinson’s disease, AIDS, Eczema, psoriasis, etc. are likely to develop the condition.
- Highly acidic and alkaline shampoo may be responsible for it.
- Males are more prone due to some greasy substance the scalp produces.
- Oily hair is more susceptible.
- A powerful chemical may cause it.
- Young adults are more prone to white flakes.
- Unbalanced diet and nutritional deficiencies.
- Stress and fatigue
- No brushing of hair
- Unavailability of sunlight
Dandruff tests and diagnosis
- For seborrhoeic dermatitis, the doctor looks at a red rash on your skin
- The doctor can ask you about the duration and harshness of symptoms
- Examine the scalp to know about any white flakes
- The doctor also requires about Psoriasis and Fungal infection.
Yoga for dandruff control
Stress is one of the main reasons for this condition. To contend with anxiety, an anti-dandruff agent is hardly adequate. However, Yoga has an effective remedy for these problems. Treating and curing it through yoga and Yogasana has been prevalent for a long time.
- Shirshasana is a good yoga pose that enhances blood circulation to the head and brain, nourishing the scalp with necessary nutrients.
- Sarvangasana improves blood circulation to the head.
- Paschimottasana controls hair fall and slows down ageing too.
- Chakrasana helps to solve the problems of the scalp and supply more oxygen to the head.
- Chin mudra circulates oxygen throughout the body.
- Matsyasana prevents greying and falling of hair.
- Surya Namaskara (Salutation to the sun) is quite effective.
- Nadi Shodhana Pranayama manages it.
- Meditation is one of the best techniques to control stress and anxiety, as these factors aggravate the condition.
Naturopathy dandruff remedy
- Massage of the scalp is quite effective in controlling the white flakes.
- Massage with herbal oil is a very effective prevention measure.
Ayurveda treatment for dandruff
As a holistic medicine, Ayurveda is a beneficial natural remedy for white flakes treatment, the grey of hair, baldness, and hair fall. Many Ayurvedic herbs can be used as Ayurvedic medicines.
- Scalp massage with sesame oil is an excellent herbal remedy.
- Fenugreek seeds help improve the condition, thus a natural cure agent.
- The use of ash gourd seeds regularly is effective.
- The application of neem leaves is an effective natural remedy.
- Rosemary rejuvenates the scalp, thereby stopping white flakes.
- Green gram powder is also helpful.
- Ayurvedic medicines such as Dudurpatradi Tailam, Gandhaka Rasayana, Brihat Haridra and Khand can be used after consultation with the doctor.
- Aloe Vera massage shows promising results.
- For good hair white flakes treatment, Alfalfa shows promising results.
- Alfalfa + Carrots + Lettuce control it.
- Apply a paste of Methi seeds for good results.
- The application of Indian hemp reduces it.
- A mixture of Coconut oil and camphor helps to check it.
- The mix of lemon juice and coconut oil helps to check the problem.
- Mix a spoon of Caster, Mustard, and Coconut oil and apply it on your scalp.
- For good results, apply the oil of Neelibringadhi, triphaladhi, or kayyunyathi after a bath.
Homeopathy cure for dandruff
Homeopathic medicine helps cure the condition. A few of the essential homoeopathic treatments and remedies are given below.
- Sepia- is recommended for the oily and moist scalp associated with white flakes.
- Graphite is preferred with scaly, itching, and moist scalp.
- Arsenicum- is suggested when the scalp is dry, sensitive, and intolerable itching.
- Natrum mur- is given when the scalp has thin hair surrounded by the crust.
- Sulfur is beneficial in the case of acute conditions.
- Thuja is helpful when the scalp is covered with white scaly flakes.
- Sanicula for white flakes.
- Psorinum is used when the white flakes are associated with smell and stink.
- Phosphorous is advisable for the red and itching scalp.
- In severe cases, use Mezerium.
- When itching is predominant, one should take Ammonium Mur.
- Calcarea Sul and Kali Sul are very effective.
Top dandruff care
- Avoid sweet, oily, and junk food.
- Always use a light hand whenever you brush your scalp.
- Eat a balanced and nourishing diet.
- Accessories like straightening hair, dryers, gel, etc. should be avoided.
- Wash your scalp properly to remove flakes agents.
- Avoid more oil and oily products on the scalp.
- Practice relaxation and meditation.
- Covered your scalp to avoid harsh conditions.
- Powerful chemicals in the form of shampoo should be skipped.
- Follow natural treatments or home remedies.
The best diet for dandruff
- Balance diets like Vitamin B-complex, high protein food, whole grains, and whole pulses should be prioritised.
- Take about 8-10 glasses of water to protect your scalp.
- Reduced the quantity of fatty, junk, and fried foods.
- Use profusely yogurt as an antagonist of yeast.
Easy home remedies for dandruff
Homemade remedies for this condition are safe, easy, cost-effective, and can be made at home without hassle. Here is the list of natural home remedies and treatments for white flakes:
- Manage stress and tension naturally, as these worsen the symptoms.
- Massage with tree oil is highly beneficial and an excellent homemade remedy.
- Herbal, as well as good shampoo, prevents it.
- Rinse the cider vinegar + water mix on the scalp to control and cure it.
- Massage the scalp with 1 tsp of lemon juice + 2 tsp of vinegar before washing your hair with egg.
- Wrap your head with a clean towel after massaging the head with wheat germ oil.
- Apply the paste of Methi seeds + yoghurt and leave it overnight before washing olive oil for ten days, which helps to check the condition.
- Hair washes with Methi seed prevent it. Methi seed should be kept in water overnight and pasted on the scalp.
- Washing hair with lime juice + water helps to overcome.
- Rub your scalp with coconut oil + rosemary oil. In the morning, wash the scalp with warm lemon juice water.
- Massage the scalp with the mix of egg + water and leave it for 10 minutes before washing it through warm water.
- Use lime juice +Amla juice on your scalp at night and wash it in the morning.
- Rub the paste of tea tree oil + olive oil over your scalp and wash it after 30 minutes.
- Use the mix of tea leaves + lime water after washing your hair to say goodbye to dandruff for formation.
- Apply the solution of sandalwood oil + lemon juice in a ratio of 1:3 and wash it after 30 minutes.
- Apply the mix of coconut oil + lime juice over your scalp to ward off it.
- The application of mustard oil + lime juice is reasonably practical.
- Massage of Neem oil is effective both for white flakes and psoriasis.
- Rub the mix of almond oil + olive oil on your scalp.
- Simply applying coconut oil on the scalp is a standard treatment.
- Apply the paste of Amla + Bhringraj to avoid the condition.
- The use of lemon on the head is a common remedy.
- A good soap is also recommended to avoid problems.
- Massage of boiled beetroot is good.
- Apply the solution of green gram powder + curd twice a week.
- Massage with the juice of snake gourd over the scalp.
- Rub your scalp with curd to have positive results.
- Apply the solution of thyme leaves to cure it.
- Bath with the hot stream to prevent the problem.
- Apply the mix of camphor and coconut.
- Vitamin E oil is also quite beneficial.
Top dandruff prevention
Some of the best prevention and precautions measures for white flakes are:
- A balanced & nourishing diet
- Brush and comb should be cleaned regularly.
- Regular wash and combing prevent it.
- Cleanliness of combs.
- Scalp cleaning should be regular.
- Washing hair with strong shampoo should be avoided.
- Fried, Junk, and heavy fatty food should be avoided.
- A balanced and nourishing diet is preferred.
- Give more weight to fruits and vegetables.
- Dandruff is reduced with a low GI diet.
- It is difficult to prevent in case of dominancy of Skin Yeast, increased sebaceous gland production, and hormonal disorders.
- Excessive stress deteriorates the condition.
- Adequate sunlight is essential.
- Avoid hair sprays, gels, and irritating shampoos or soaps.