Know About Blood Sugar
The increased blood sugar happens due to lack of physical activity, mental pressure, stress, anxiety, faulty lifestyle, and wrong dietary patterns. These factors spike blood sugar levels. Blood Sugar can be controlled, managed, and treated more rationally through alternative medicines.
Signs and Symptoms
- Concentrated urine
- Frequent urination
- Longiness of hunger
- Unquenchable thirst
- Skin dryness
- Eyesight problems
- Delay healing of wounds
- Weight fluctuation
- Low sexual urge
Causes and Reasons
- Deficiency in nutrition
- Sedentary lifestyle
- More use of alcohol
- Insulin resistance
- High amount of cholesterol level
- Carbohydrate and fat rich diets
- Oil and sugar
- Fasting Plasma Glucose test
- Oral Glucose Tolerance Test
- Random Plasma Glucose diagnosis
- Finger Stick Blood Glucose test
- Glycosylated Hemoglobin diagnosis
- Cardio diseases
- Kidney issues
- Eye problems
- Bone & joint diseases
- Skin problems
- Nerve damage
- Dental problems
- Diabetic coma
Yoga lowers blood sugar
Yogic practices and Yoga poses aim at restoring the health of the affected pancreas and helping it to make up for the deficiency of insulin secretion. Sugar in the blood is reduced significantly after Yoga treatment by practising yoga poses and Yogasanas. And glucose tolerance is increased.
- Sirsasana( Headstand pose) revitalises the pituitary gland directly related to sugar control.
- Paschimotasana (Powerful pose) tones up the pancreas, spleen, and kidney.
- Veerasana( Hero’s pose) is conducive to physical and mental equilibrium, thus relieving the feeling of tiredness and weakness.
- Dhanurasana (Bow Pose) stimulates the pancreas and secrete the correct amount of glucagon and insulin at the right time.
- Shalabhasana (Locust Pose) aids in curing high blood sugar.
- Katichakrasana (waist rotating pose) helps lower the sugar level in the body and induces a beautiful feeling of lightness.
- Ardha matsyendrasana (Half spinal twist pose) is suitable for lowering blood sugar levels.
- Mayurasana (Peacock asana): This asana is very beneficial as it stimulates the metabolic process.
- Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose) stimulates the pancreas and helps in the proper secretion of insulin.
- Uddiyan Bandha is suitable for the overall functions of hormonal glands.
- Nauli (Navel string) is adequate for the proper functioning of the pancreas, thus regulating sugar levels.
- Bhastrika Pranayama( Bellows Pranayama) improves digestion and helps to enhance the overall function of the body.
- Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation) is also recommended for the condition.
- Relaxation yoga poses like Shavasana, Makrasana, and Balasana are helpful.
Ayurveda brings down blood sugar
The Ayurvedic treatment has excellent application and importance in curing lifestyle-related disorders like diabetes. The various components and mixtures of Ayurveda help fight hyperglycemia.
- The best remedy for hyperglycemia is to take the juice of bitter gourd or Rose apple/Bel/Neem on an empty stomach daily.
- Turmeric is a valuable remedy for sugar.
- The mixture of 1/2 teaspoon of ground bay leaf + 1/2 teaspoon turmeric + 1 teaspoon aloe vera gel; control sugar in the blood. Taking the ingredients twice a day before lunch and dinner is advisable.
- 100 gm grind seeds of Methi + turmeric 50 + white pepper with a glass of milk twice a day.
- The powder of rose apple stone twice a day.
- Amalaki Churna (500mg) + Turmeric Powder (500mg) + Naag Bhasma (125mg) may be taken with honey.
- Taking a glass of water with 10 Tulsi leaves + 10 neem leaves + 10 Belpatras on an empty stomach reduces the sugar content in the blood.
- Copper vessel water in the morning is also helpful.
- Bel leaves have an anti-diabetic characteristic; take it with black pepper.
- Garlic contains Allicin that reduces sugar levels and helps break cholesterol.
- The leaves of Jamun have the power to control the conversion of starch into sugar.
- Onion has low sugar characteristics.
- The other useful herbs that are beneficial for diabetes are Jambhul, Gurmar, Sagar gota, Shilájit, Triphala, Gurmar Leaves, Nayanthara, and Sagar gotta
Homeopathy treatment for blood sugar
Homeopathy has a complete say in curing High Blood Sugar
- Phosphorus: to stabilise sugar levels
- Syzygium Jambolanum: reduces the level of sugar immediately; use five drops of it after every 6 hours.
- Aurum Metallicum: reduces the craving for sugar in the patients.
- Uranium Nitricum: improves nephritis problems.
- Arsenicum Bromatum: Normalises excessive thrust and hunger, familiar with diabetes.
- Insulinum: helps to improve the functioning of the pancreas.
- Phosphoric acid has a remarkable power to cure sugar in the early stage.
- Lactic acid shows promising results in the patients.
Unani Medicine for blood sugar
Unani strongly believes the total cure for High Blood Sugar is possible through energising the pancreatic cells. The oil of black pepper, fennel, and juniper restores and rejuvenates the pancreas. Insulin stimulant oils include carrots, eucalyptus, fennel, geranium, and lemon.
Naturopathy for hyperglycemia
In such cases, sugar is excreted from urine. Nature cure has the power to control diabetes at the earliest.
- Mud Therapy is beneficial for hyperglycemic patients.
- Hydrotherapy: Hot and Cold Fomentation over the abdomen, Cold hip bath, Hot and cold hip bath, Wet abdomen pack, spinal bath. All these form an essential part of treatment.
- Enema thoroughly cleanses the colon and helps the bowel to assume typical characteristics.
- Bathing in cold water dramatically increases circulation and enhances the capacity of the muscles to utilise sugar.
- Massage Therapy helps to energise and revitalise the whole body.
- Sun Bath: Water kept in a brown bottle and exposed to sun rays for at least 8 hours in a half-cup; a dose twice a day after a meal is also beneficial.
- Exercise, especially morning walks, is a good remedy for lowering sugar levels.
Easy home remedies for blood sugar
- Use bitter melon in your diet to control it.
- Drink 1 cup of Methi juice daily to reduce glucose levels.
- Amla and orange contain vitamin C, which is beneficial for high blood glucose.
- five mango leaves + 1 glass of water left overnight; drink after filter to reduce sugar level.
- Take curry leaves twice a day for good results.
- Take before lunch and dinner about ½ tsp each of ground bay leaf + turmeric + aloe vera gel; good to fight it.
- ½ cup of bitter gourd juice in the morning is one of the best remedies for diabetes.
- Honey + turmeric powder + dried gooseberry powder to show glucose level down.
- Such patients should chew 4-5 Jamun leaves in the morning and evening.
- Chew 2 leaves each of Neem and Bilva to minimise the impact of it.
- Overnight-drenched almond is also beneficial.
- Leaves of Basil + Neem + Belpatras + 1 glass of water help to cure hypoglycemia.
- Diabetic patients should take apple juice.
- Use of Garlic, Karela, Onion, and Soybean should be abundant in the diet to overcome sugar levels.
- Drink more water in the morning before exercise.
Diet tips for high blood sugar
The diet plays an important role in reducing the level of sugar. The goal of such a patient is to avoid any surges in blood glucose by maintaining the ideal body weight through proper nutrition. The diet schedule should be as follows:
- Morning: bitter gourd juice 1-2 ounces (40 ml)
- Breakfast: skimmed milk (250-400ml), buttermilk, sprouted gram, Moong, Methi approx. 50 gm of Fresh Amla juice 50 ml
- Lunch: Roti ( wheat + gram flour) 25-50 gm, green vegetables 250gm, salad 50gm, Moong 25 gm, curd 150gm + 1 glass buttermilk
- Evening: roasted gram 30 gm, vegetable soup or one glass of buttermilk
- Dinner: As in lunch, curd is not advisable at night.
Best diets in hyperglycemia
- Fresh fibrous fruits and vegetables are helpful in diabetes
- Soyabean, Bean, Turnip, Cucumber, garlic, Lauki, Bitter gourd, Spinach, Fenugreek, Bathua, Chaukie, Amla, Jamun, Bel, cabbage, tomato, and carrot.
Foods to avoid for blood sugar
- Fast and junk foods
- Cold drinks
- Dried fruits like Badam
- Oil for cooking
Blood sugar prevention & precautions
With the help of a regulated diet, an alternative medicine system, and a proper exercise module, sugar can be controlled and managed significantly.
- Skip sleeping at day time
- Avoid alcohol
- Avoid smoking
- Take care of your ENT parts
- Follow exercise regularly
- Do Yoga
- Take extra care of your food
- Make your dietary chart
- Avoid sugary substances /products completely
- The use of junk, oily, fried, and fat-enriched foods should be avoided.
- High-fibrous food should be preferred.
- Avoid non-veg.
- Avoid ghee, Vanaspati, refined flour, smoking, chewing of Jarda and Gutka
- Keep yourself away from stress, as it is the root of many diseases
- Frequent and excessive eating puts you in danger
- Apathy for exercise may put you in danger.