Health Benefits of Standing Yogasana
- Tadasana (Palm Tree Pose): Tadasana increases the height of children. The palm tree pose loosens the entire spinal muscles and also tones abdominal organs.
- Trikonasana (Triangle Posture): This triangle posture asana is helpful in increasing height among growing children. Trikonasana relieves backache and strengthen buttocks. This asana is very useful for sciatica patients. Trikonasana manages diabetes, cures pimples, and wrinkles.
- Hastottanasana (Up-stretched Arms Posture): It is helpful in increasing height. It is beneficial in removing fats from the hip and buttocks. It also relieves from Constipation.
- Shankhaprakshalana: Shankhaprakshalana cleans the small and large intestine thoroughly. Shankhaprakshalana removes all toxic substances from the digestive system and purifies the blood. It is extremely beneficial for diseases like diabetes, hyperacidity, and constipation.
- Katicakrasana (Lumbar-Wheel Posture): Katicakrasana is extremely beneficial in the management of Neck pain and Back pain.
- Ardhachakrasana (Half Wheel Posture): Ardhachakrasana posture helps to remove fats from the body and also helpful in back pain management.
- Parsvakonasana (Lateral Angle Posture): This yoga asana melts fat around the waist and hips; strengthens hearts and improves digestion.
- Vrksasana (Tree Posture): Increases knee and ankles flexibility and cure rheumatic pain.
- Garudasana (Eagle Pose): Garudasana is the most important yoga to enlarge testicles. It is beneficial in strengthening feet and thigh muscles and also helps in relieving pain from these areas.
- Padahastasana (Arm Leg Pose): Padahastasana is helpful in curing obesity and constipation.
- Natrajasana (Lord of the Dancers Pose): It is good for enhancing concentration.
- Tadasana: Increases expansion and capacity of the lungs, and improves blood circulation. Encourages the growth of the heart and other vital organs.
- Ekpadasana (One Leg Pose): Improves neuro-muscular coordination and enhances memory and concentration.
Benefits of sitting yoga poses
- Virasana (Hero’s Posture): Removes lethargy, and a person having the tendency of excessive sleeping should practice this asana. Virasana reduces the waist and makes the chest broad. Virasana is good for vigor and strength.
- Utkatasana (Dynamic Pose): Utkatasana is good at curing arthritis and enhances digestion.
- Padmasana (Lotus Posture): Padmasana induces mental calmness, improves digestion, relieves constipation, and develops memory and concentration.
- Siddhasana (Siddha Posture): Siddhasana helps to attain celibacy and good in awakening the kundalini.
- Vajrasana (Thunderbolt Posture): Vajrasana is good for digestion, strengthens thigh and calf muscles. Vajrasana helps in the management of sciatic infection.
- Swastikasana (Auspicious Posture): Swastikasana is useful for hyper-hydrolysis. This yogasana is helpful for people who perspire excessively in summer.
- Siddha Yoni Asana ( Female Accomplished Pose): Siddha Yoni Asana is extremely beneficial for the physical sexual organs of women.
- Bhadrasana (Gracious Posture): Bhadrasana is extremely beneficial in pregnancy and also facilitates easy childbirth. Thus pregnant women should practice Bhadrasana.
- Simhasana (Lion Posture): Simhasana is helpful in overcoming lethargy and depression.
- Gomukhasana (Cow’s Face Pose): Gomukhasana is beneficial in the management of cervical spondylosis and bronchial asthma.
- Vakrasana (Twisting Posture): Vakrasana is helpful in diabetes, eases constipation, and increases the capacity of the lungs.
- Vyaghrasana (Tiger Stretch Pose): Vyaghrasana loosens the stiff spines. Women suffering from sexual diseases like leucorrhea should practice this asana.
- Ardhamatsyendrasanan (Half Spinal Twist Pose): Ardhamatsyendrasanan is helpful for diabetic patients and beneficial in the management of obesity.
- Udarakarshanasana: Udarakarshanasana is good for curing digestive diseases. It helps to relieve constipation and also regulates the function of the large intestine.
- Goraksasana: Goraksasana is extremely beneficial in the management of piles.
- Garbhasana: Garbhasana is beneficial in massaging and toning the abdominal organs.
- Pascimottanasana (Posterior-Stretched Posture): Pascimottanasana is good in the management of skin diseases and obesity.
- Kurmasana (Tortoise Posture): Kurmasana is helpful in the curing of knee pain and good for concentration.
- Uttanmandukasana (Stretched-Frog Posture): Uttanmandukasana effectively manages cervical spondylosis.
- Ustrasana (Camel Posture): Ustrasana is one of the best yoga to reduce fat from the abdomen region.
- Yogasana (Yoga Posture): Yogasana improves digestion and relieves constipation.
- Suptavajrasana (Lying Thunderbolt Posture): Suptavajrasana is useful in high blood pressure and relieves backache.
- Sasankasana (Hare Pose): Sasankasana is good in the management of sexual and gynecological disorders.
- Mandukasana (Frog Pose): Mandukasana is extremely beneficial in releasing gases from the stomach thus relieves from gaseous problems.
- Adhomukhasvanasana: This yoga is extremely beneficial in case of a contracted chest, weak back, and drooping shoulders.
- Sukhasana: Sukhasana facilitates mental and physical balance, thus good for peace and tranquillity.
- Vrishasana (Bull Pose): Vrishasana is good for sexual organs.
- Parvatasana (Mountain Pose): Parvatasana is good for hip stretches and also good for frozen shoulder and muscular pain.
- Marichyasana: It helps to massage internal organs by increasing abdominal pressure. Marichyasana is also beneficial for diabetic patients.
- Hastapadangushtasana (Toe-Finger Pose): This Toe-Finger Pose prevents constipation and also helps in reducing the waistline fat.
- Dradhasana (Firm Pose): Good for emptying the stomach, so favor digestion. Helps to reduce anxiety and stress.
- Yoni Mudra/Shanmukhi Mudra: Shanmukhi Mudra practice helps in the treatment of eye, nose, and throat infections.
Benefits of lying down yoga
- Makrasana (Crocodile Posture): Makrasana is beneficial in removing mental and physical fatigue.
- Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose): Bhujangasana is beneficial in the treatment of slipped disc and also helpful in relieving flatulence.
- Sarpasana (The Snake Pose): Sarpasana strengthens the spinal muscles. This asana is helpful in increasing lung capacity. Sarpasana is good for the heart due to good massage.
- Salabhasana (Locust Pose): Salabhasana is beneficial for asthma patients, gives relief from neck and back pain.
- Yastikasana (Stick Pose): Yastikasana helps to increase height.
- Dhanurasana (Bow Pose): Dhanurasana is good in the management of diabetes, respiratory disorders, and obesity.
- Saithalyasana (Animal Relaxation Pose): Saithalyasana is helpful in loosening the stiff spines. Due to compression of the abdomen, it also facilitates massage to the internal organs.
- Marjariasana (Cat Stretch Pose): Marjariasana is the best asana for post-pregnancy to tighten the abdominal muscles. Good for stiff and chronic backache. This Cat Stretch Pose is beneficial in improving of women’s sexual organs. Marjariasana also helps to relieve menstrual cramps.
- Uttanpadasana (Raised Feet Pose): Uttanpadasana is extremely beneficial in balancing the naval center.
- Ardhahalasana (Half Plough Pose): Ardhahalasana is useful in piles and diabetes. The Half Plough Pose prevents cardiac disorder.
- Pawanmuktasana (Anti-flatus Pose): Pawanmuktasana is helpful in eliminating toxic gases from the stomach and beneficial to melt abdominal fats.
- Matsyasana (Fish Pose): Matsyasana is good for throat diseases and beneficial in curing women’s sexual malfunctioning.
- Cakrasana (Wheel Pose): Cakrasana delays the process of aging and improves flexibility in bones and joints.
- Savasana (Corpse Posture): Savasana acts as a panacea in relieving all types of tension.
- Yoga Nidra: Yoga Nidra reduces pain, anxiety, anger, and tension in the body, thus help in relaxing the mind so to the body. Since Yoga Nidra helps to calm the mind, therefore, it is good to attain pratyahara.
Benefits of topsy turvy yoga
- Viparitakarnimudra (Technique of Retro Fusion): Viparitakarnimudra improves blood circulation and prevents hair fall. This yogic practices is good for sex organs, aids digestion, turns grey hair to the original color, and regularizes the body with youthful vigor, and delay aging.
- Sarvangasana (All Limbs Pose): Sarvangasana prevents early aging and greying of hair.
- Setu bandha Sarvangasana (Bridge Formation Posture): Setubandha Sarvangasana gives relief from stress, headache, and migraine.
- Sirsasana (Head Stand Posture): Sirsasana increases blood circulation to the head thus improves memory and concentration.
Benefits of balancing Yoga
- Utthita Padmasana (Uplifted Lotus Pose): Utthita Padmasana prevents muscular weakness and develops upper arms.
- Naukasana (Boat Pose): Naukasana helps to remove fat around the waist and the boat yoga pose is beneficial in the treatment of gastric disorders.
- Kukkutasana (Cockerel Posture): Kukkutasana strengthens arms, shoulders, and elbows.
- Bakasana (Crane Pose): Bakasana is good for balancing the body and removes the ailments of the shoulders.
- Mayurasana (Peacock Posture): Mayurasana is helpful in treating defective eyesight, good in relieving indigestion, constipation, and flatulence.
Benefits of pranayama
- Jalandharabandha (Chin Lock): Jalandharabandha helps in removing throat problems, and tonsillitis.
- Uddiyanabarndha (Abdominal Lock): Uddiyanabarndha improves blood circulation and strengthens all internal organs.
- Mulabandha (Anal Lock): Mulabandha is good to control sexual desire. Mulabandha is helpful to enjoy more sex with your life partner.
- Nadisodhana Pranayama: Nadisodhana Pranayama is good for vitality and longevity.
- Suryabhedhana Pranayama: Suryabhedhana Pranayama destroys intestinal worms and delays the aging process.
- Ujjayi Pranayama: Ujjayi Pranayama is one of the few forms of Yoga that is extremely beneficial for removing phlegm.
- Sitkari Pranayama: Sitkari Pranayama is beneficial in diseases like the throat.
- Sitali Pranayama: Sitali Pranayama provides a cooling effect on the body, removes phlegm, and helps to reduce the effects of poison from the body.
- Bhastrika Pranayama: Bhastrika Pranayama is good to cure phlegm, removes diseases of the nose, chest, and very helpful for asthma patients.
- Bhramari Pranayama: Bhramari Pranayama relieves tension and anxiety and pacifies the mind.
Benefits of Kriyas (Yogic cleansing practices)
- Kunjal: Kunjal cleanses the stomach, helpful in lessening acidity and hyperacidity. It is also good for asthmatic patients.
- Vastradhauti (Cleansing with cloth): Vastradhauti is an effective treatment to cure Cough and Bronchitis.
- Jalabasti (Yogic Enema with Water): Basti is good for a healthy stomach and intestine as it removes old stool, bacteria from the lower intestine. Jalabasti is good to cure constipation.
- Sthalabasti (Dry Enema): Sthalabasti removes flatulence and gives eases constipation.
- Sutraneti (Nasal cleansing with Thread): Sutraneti is good for the health of brain cells, improves the function of eyes, and clear airflow in the passage of nostrils.
- Jalaneti (Nasal Cleansing with Water): Jalaneti is extremely beneficial in the treatment of chronic headache, insomnia, and drowsiness. Jalaneti also prevents hair fall, cure forgetfulness, and cough.
- Trataka (Purification of Eyes): Trataka is helpful more or less in curing all types of eye diseases.
- Nauli (Abdominal Massage): Nauli is good for digestion and helps in removing indigestion. Abdominal massage also reduces constipation and acidity.
- Kapalabhati (A kind of Breathing Exercise): Kapalabhati is helpful in the treatment of cough and cold, improves digestion and cures constipation, increases lung capacity, and good for a healthy brain.
- Agnisara: Agnisara is helpful in improving digestion, reduces stomach fat after childbirth.
- Kapalarandradhouti: It helps to remove headaches and gives freshness to the body.
Benefits of Yogic Suksha Vyyaam
- Buddhi Tatha Dhriti Shakti Vikasaka Kriya: Improves blood circulation to the body and enhances brain functions.
- Medha-Shakti Vikasaka Kriya Improves blood circulation to the head, good for memory and concentration.
- Netra-Shakti Vikasaka Kriya: This kriya is helpful to make the eye healthy and beneficial in developing concentration.
- Smarana-Shakti Vikasaka Kriya: This kriya is very good to remove mental fatigue and improves memory and concentration.
- Griva-Shakti Vikasaka Kriya: It’s a good practice to relieve stress and tension from the head, neck, and shoulder regions.
- Rekhagati: This practice increases memory and concentration. It also gives balance to the body.
- Sarvangapushti: It is good at making the body supple and flexible. It is also beneficial in the treatment of the stiff back.
Benefits of Surya Namaskara
Surya Namaskara: Surya Namaskara increases concentration and calmness. It stretches all abdominal organs and improves the digestion process and good in the treatment of constipation. Surya Namaskara stimulates all systems of the body and enhances blood circulation. Stretch and extension are fully associated with sun salutation thereby help in removing excessive fat. It also increases lung health.
Benefits of meditation
Meditation: Meditation helps to bring ultimate peace and quietness to the mind. Dhyan leads the person to the highest level of spiritual experiences. Meditation reduces depression, stress, and tension. Meditation also increases concentration, memory, and clarity of thoughts.