What is Rudraksha?
Rudraksha consists of two words: Rudra and Aksha. The meaning of Rudra is one who weeps while Aksha comprises A (अ) means to receive and ksha (क्ष) means to give. In nutshell, we can say that the meaning of the sacred seed is the one that gives us health, happiness, and help in eradicating of evils. It is grown in the Himalayan regions like Nepal, Indonesia, Java, Sumatra, and Myanmar. About 70 percent of the trees are found in Indonesia, 25% are found in Nepal and 5% are found in India.
The pious plant has important position in Ayurveda. It is regarded as just like Sanjeevani in ayurvedic scripture because of its diseases and disorders prevention. Its health benefits were known since ancient times; however, it had been used conventionally for prayer beads in some sects. It has been using as organic ornament or mala that is generally worn either in hand or neck or both.
15 Surprising Benefits of Rudraksha
The holy seed has unique properties to know whether the water is poisoned/contaminated or drinkable. To know the drinkability of water, one should hold the blessed beads above the water, if it is good, the bead will move clockwise. If the water pool is poisoned, it will move anti-clockwise. It was largely used by the Sadhus and Sanyasis who wander in the forest. The revered bead will move clockwise if it is held over a positive pranic substance while show anticlockwise movement if it holds over negative pranic substance.
- For good health: The spiritual bead helps you settle down at new places that are not conducive as per your body energy. It is helpful in eating and sleeping in a new environment. Initially, this advantage was cherished by the Sadhus and Sanyasis. But in modern days, it can be used by those people who travel to different places for their works and businesses. Wearing of holy beads means ensuring good health as it is termed as the incarnation of God Shiva.
- Shields negative energy: The blessed seed just acts as a protective barrier against the negative energies. Negative energy, which is used by somebody else has the power to make you suffering or may lead you suffering to vital ailments.
- Good for meditation: It is profusely used in meditation and prayer.
- Use for evil removal: It means to ensure good luck, sound health, wealth, success, and removal of evils.
- Enhance memory: Four Mukhi and six Mukhi Rudraksha, when tied together with copper wire, are helpful in enhancing memory.
- Pain reliever: The revered seed is helpful at easing scorpion bite pain when five Mukhi Rudraksha is rubbed on the grindstone and the mix is applied to the affected parts.
- Controls bile: It has in-depth potential to balance air, bile, and phlegm. Taking its powder along with water is beneficial in controlling of phlegm.
- BP management: It is associated with electromagnetic properties, which is good at controlling blood pressure. It helps to release heat from the body thus good in relaxation. The drinking of an equal proportion of the mix of ashes of 2 Mukhi Rudraksha and Swarnamachik may lower down high blood pressure.
- Treat measles: Rudraksha prevents one from measles. Licking the powder of Rudraksha is good to keep bay measles.
- Good for intellect: The kernel is good to enhance memory power. 4 Mukhi Rudraksha is good to improve memory and intellect.
- Effective in skin diseases: It is helpful in treating skin diseases, wounds, injuries, skin irritation, and itchiness. When the sanctified bead is put in a copper pot filled with water overnight, and drink the water in the morning an empty stomach is beneficial in treating skin diseases. The application of the paste of 9 Mukhi Rudraksha and Tulsi is effective in treating wounds and injuries.
- Skin beauty: It is used for shining skin. The application of the paste of it and sandalwood is good for radiant skin. The mix of pious bead rose water and almond are good for skin beauty.
- Ease joints pain: The mix of consecrated seed powder and mustard oil is used to treat body pain. It is applied over the joints pain and gives relief.
- Treat cold and cough: The mix of powder seed, Tulsi, and honey is effective in treating cold and cough when taken an empty stomach.
- Acts as stress buster: Drinking of cow’s milk when boil with the seed is effective at easing of mental problems. Applying the paste of the blessed and sandalwood is also helpful to make you cool and calm.
Rudraksha rosary (Mala)
Mala or Rosary is made of beads in the numbers like (108+1, 54+1, 27+1). The +1 bead is termed as Sumeru which is not crossed while chanting and shows that one should reverse its Japa. A number of renowned personalities like to wear these beads such as Mahatma Buddha, Mahatma Gandhi, Dalai Lama, Yehudi Menuhin, Osho Rajneesh, etc. A number of Hollywood and Bollywood artists also like to wear this revered beads.
Meaning of Mukhi Rudraksha
As per Puranic information, there are 14 types of Rudraksha, which are termed as Mukhi or faceted of the bead. In fact, Mukhi is the deep clefts or lines which can be seen from the bottom to the top of the sacred bead. The number of lines indicates the number of Mukhi. If a particular bead has two lines means it is 2 Mukhi Rudraksha. If a seed has seven deep lines, it means it is seven Mukhi bead. The rarest revered bead is the One Mukhi Rudraksha. Wearing of 1 Mukhi is considered as very auspicious, especially in lunar or solar eclipses. It is also being considered very sacred wearing on a full or new moon.
Rudraksha Mukhi types
The different kinds of beads with their significance and importance are given below:
- One Mukhi Rudraksha: It is known for super consciousness, enhances concentration and mental power. It is good for headaches, heart and right eye.
- Two Mukhi seed: It conferred the wearer with unity. It is good for the left eye, brain, kidney, and intestine.
- Three Mukhi bead: It means the fire of God. This Rudraksha is the signs of purity and helps to overcome inferior complexes, fear, and depression.
- Four Mukhi Rudraksha: This bead denotes creativity. That’s why it is good for students, teachers, researchers, scientists, etc. It helps to increase memory power and intelligence.
- Five Mukhi kernel: It is the symbol of auspiciousness, peace, and health.
- Six Mukhi bead: It is for learning, wisdom, and knowledge.
- Seven Mukhi Rudraksha: It confers good health.
- Eight Mukhi seed: This seed is the symbol of success.
- Nine Mukhi bead: It is blessed with energy and fearlessness.
- Ten Mukhi Rudraksha: It acts as a shield for negative energy.
- Eleven Mukhi bead: It is blessed with wisdom, success and protects one from accidents.
- Twelve Mukhi bead: It is known for its administrative capacity and good for strength and radiance. It is for executives and administrators.
- Thirteen Mukhi Rudraksha: It is blessed with comforts and honors.
- Fourteen Mukhi seed: It is known for future happenings.
- One shouldn’t wear the holy bead during sex.
- The sacred bead should be taken off during the menstrual cycle.
- At the funeral visit, one should not carry it.
- It should be taken off during the bath.