What is Downward Facing Dog Yoga Pose
Adho Mukha Svanasana is consisted of three words: Adho means downward, Mukh means face and Svan indicates Dog. Downward facing dog yoga pose helps to speed up blood circulation in the brain region accordingly facilitates adequate oxygen in the upper part of the body. The regular practice of the pose ensures reliving from back pain, shinning hair and glowing skin, and many more health benefits. This is one of the important yoga poses in Sun salutation (Surya Namaskar). More or less, it gives all the benefits that are related to Sarvangasana.
Best benefits of Adho Mukh Svanasana
- Skin complexion: If you wanted to get rid of artificial cosmetic and eager for a natural outlook, it is better to perform downward facing dog yoga. It helps to remove pimples, wrinkles, and blemishes by providing adequate nourishment through blood. This asana directs an oxygen-rich flow of blood to the facial region and good for glowing facial skin.
- Prevents hair fall: The conditions of hair loss, greying of hair, and baldness attributes to insufficient blood flow in the scalp. Dog yoga pose facilitates an adequate amount of blood circulation in the scalp region and strengthens the follicles of hair. Technically, regular practice of this yoga pose helps to solve the problems of grey hair, baldness, etc.
- For healthy brain: There are very few yoga poses, which are as good as Adho Mukha Svanasana for the brain. Dog pose allows manifesting the brain more visibly. Due to more oxygenation in the head region, it helps to rejuvenate the brain. The entire brain cells get appropriate nourishment due to the proper flow of oxygen.
- Headache and Migraine: The regular practice of Adho Mukh Svanasana ensures the compression and expansion of certain muscles and blood vessels in the brain thus beneficial for the relaxation of brain cells. Headache is also the outcome of stress whereas dog pose induces calmness.
- Yoga for pituitary gland: This asana increases blood flow and nourishment to the brain as well as the pituitary gland. Thus, it is beneficial to prevent conditions and disorders related to the pituitary gland
- Cures piles and varicose vein: One of the main reasons for varicose vein and piles is the collecting of blood in the legs and anus parts respectively. However, the practice of this asana helps to overcome these conditions.
- Sexual disorders: The dog posse is helpful to treat many sexual disorders such as hydrocele, leucorrhea, spermatorrhea, etc. It also helps to treat the problems of menopause and menstrual discomforts.
- Relieve back pain: Adho Mukha Svanasana is good for back pain. Maintaining this yoga pose ensures reliving from lower back pain. If practice before a yoga therapist, it shows beneficial impacts upon the entire spinal region.
- Improves eye vision: This yoga pose improves the overall functions of eyesight and sensory organs by supplying blood and nourishment to the ENT region.
- Memory power: The right practice of dog yoga is known to improve memory power, intelligence, and mental functions. The asana ensures blood flow through the brain cells thus energizes thinking and thought power.
- Diabetes cure: Since, this yoga pose activates the pituitary gland, which itself has a greater role in pancreas activity as well as insulin management.
- Anxiety reliever: Anxiety and depression are gradually engulfing a large section of the population. The dog pose can play an important role in relieving anxiety, depression, and stress by inducing calmness.
- Removes lethargy: Adho Mukha Svanasana tones both your legs as well as upper body regions. It gives adequate stretching to both the above-said regions of the body and thus facilitates activeness and efficiency.
- Strengthens the shoulder: It gives proper stretch to the arms, shoulders, chest, and lungs. Maintaining this for appropriate time helps to overcome the problems of shoulders, arms, and chest.
- Osteoporosis: The person suffering from osteoporosis will be benefited from this pose if they performed it technically right.
- Cough & Cold: The practicing of this asana ensures a good amount of pure oxygenated blood to the ENT region and beneficial in case of cough and cold.
- Digestions: Since it regulates the blood flow in the upper tract of the body, thus good for digestion.
- Core and waist: This is one of the important yoga poses to strengthen the waist.
- Hamstring: If you want to strengthen and make your hamstrings and calves disease-free, it is suggested to practice this yoga pose.
- Hearing: The regular practice of the asana is good for hearing and prevents ear-related problems.