The headstand Yoga pose is known as the king of all asanas due to its multiple health benefits. It speeds up the blood circulation and ensures so that the brain receives sufficient well-oxygenated blood. Sedentary lifestyle, lack of exercise, and faulty modern setup lead to the varicose vein, hemorrhoids, and general efficiency of the organs of the body. Therfore, Sirsasana is an unnatural method of combating an unnatural lifestyle, helps to solve all endocrine-related problems including many diseases and disorders. Regular practice helps to develop the body, disciplines the mind, and widens the horizons of the spirit. One becomes balanced and self-reliant in pain and pressure, loss and gain, shame and fame, and defeat and victory.
15 best benefits of Sirsasana
- Good for a healthy brain: The brain is the controlling center of the body that helps to function the physical and mental aspects of the body efficiently and effectively. The headstand yoga pose allows manifesting the brain more vividly. It can rejuvenate and revitalize the entire brain. Sirsasna directs an enriched oxygenated supply of blood to the brain cells, accordingly the billions of cells receive more nourishment.
- Headache & Migraine: Sirsasana helps to relax and strengthen the compression of certain blood vessels in the brain thereby prevent the occurrence of these ailments. footnote, however, sirsasana shouldn’t be done during the actual time of headache or migraine. These ailments are also associated with mental tension, thus, Sirsasana helps to prevent these ailments by inducing calmness.
- Control pituitary functions: Practicing Headstand yoga increases blood flow to the brain thereby revitalizes all the nervous system and the controller of the endocrine system, the pituitary. Thus, it acts as a panacea to rectify various types of glandular and nervous disorders.
- Diabetes cure: The headstand yoga pose shows a significant positive influence in relieving diabetes. The main cause of diabetes is the pituitary gland whose symptoms itself manifest in the malfunctioning of the pancreas. The master gland secretes too much diabetogenic hormone that leads to type 2 diabetes. Modern medicine is not so effective in curing the condition but Sirsasana acts directly on the pituitary gland by improving the blood supply thus help in combating diabetes.
- Treat sexual disorders: Sirsasana helps in combating sexual disorders such as prostate problems hydrocele, leucorrhea, spermatorrhea, and all general menopausal and menstrual ailments. The yoga pose drains blood from the associated sexual endocrine glands and organs, thus improves functional efficiency.
- Anxiety reliever: Anxiety is the greatest factor in causing sexual disorders and other complicated problems. Sirsasana alone or with meditative techniques of Yoga helps to calm the mind. Headstand yoga is an excellent method of bringing about calmness and concentration.
- Treat thyroid: It acts directly on the thyroid gland by balancing the metabolic functions. Malfunctioning of the thyroid can result in many ailments either directly or indirectly. The headstand yoga pose helps to bring perfect health to this vital organ.
- Improves eye vision: It improves the overall functions of eyesight, sense of smell, and taste. The extra supply of blood during Sirsasana helps to work the sensory organs perfectly. Various types of ailments such as myopia, astigmatism, and catarrh, and general bad hearing have been found to improve by regular practice of this yoga pose.
- Skin complexion: The condition of the facial skin can also be improved through the regular practice of sirsasana. Pimples and wrinkles are often caused by inadequate removal of waste materials and insufficient nourishment from the blood. Sirsasana directs an oxygen-rich flow of blood to the facial skin thereby improving the facial complexion.
- Prevents hair fall: Hair loss, greying of hair, and baldness are often caused due to bad blood circulation in the scalp. Sirsasana doesn’t only direct enriched blood to the brain, it also sends it to the scalp. The transforming of grey hair into its original color and good growth of hair is possible through the practice of this headstand pose.
- Cures piles and varicose vein: The problems of varicose vein and piles caused by the accumulation of blood in the legs and anus respectively. Regular practice of sirsasana relieves the pressure on the blood vessels helps in alleviating either of these ailments. All the organs of the pelvis and abdomen are revitalized by sirsasana.
- Memory power: Memory power, intelligence, and all mental functions are improved. Regular practice of sirsasana makes healthy pure blood flow through the brain cells which rejuvenates them so that thinking power increases and thoughts become easier.
- Removes lethargy: This asana is a tonic for those people who tire quickly. It ensures a proper supply of blood to the pituitary and pineal glands in the brain. Our growth, health, and vitality depend on the proper functioning of these two glands.
- Relives cold &cough: The lungs gain the power to resist any climate and stand up to any work, thus helpful in relieving colds, coughs and tonsillitis.
- RBC formation: Regular practice of sirsasana show marked improvements in the hemoglobin content of the blood.