Why fish for hair growth
Fish, especially salmon, herring, and mackerel are very important for the health of hair as they are the best sources of omega-3 fatty acids, which are of utmost importance for hair growth. It is also important to prevent hair fall, hair loss, and known for shining hair too.
10 wonder benefits of fish for hair growth
- Fishes like salmon, herring, and mackerel are having an adequate amount of omega-3 fatty acids, which are effective in preventing hair loss and increases hair density too.
- Supplements, which are rich in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, also do wonder for hair health along with antioxidants. It has already been proved in a study.
- Fish oil helps to reduce hair loss and thinning of hair. It also ensures proper hair growth.
- Fatty fish are excellent sources of protein, selenium, vitamin D3, and B. All these are good for the health of hair.
- Fishes like salmon, tuna, and mackerel offer natural sources of oil, which makes your hair silky.
- Salmon is useful to make your hair shines, gives life to hair, and for a healthy scalp as it is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin B12, and iron.
- Besides hair, eating salmon, herring, and mackerel is also good for the heart, skin, and eyes. Fatty acids keep the heart-healthy, reduces the risk of heart attack and stroke. Medical studies suggest that eating fish twice or thrice in a week reduces cardiovascular risks including lower LDL, cholesterol, lower triglycerides, and also reduces blood pressure.
- In a recent study, it has been confirmed that fish oil contains docosahexaenoic acid, which is extremely good for hair growth as t increases the formation of certain proteins in the body.
- Omega-3 fatty acids contain EPA and DHA, which is good for the proper functioning of the brain. Deficiency of DHA leads to risk for Alzheimer’s disease and also other cases related to dementia.
- Research has shown that taking fish regularly helps to reduce incidences of depression, seasonal affective disorders, and postpartum depression.
Which fish is best for hair?
Salmon is the best fish for hair because of the presence of hair growing biochemical substance omega-3 fatty acids along with other vitamins and minerals. This fish also makes your scalp healthy and ensures hair-free dandruff.
What is the substitute of salmon?
If somebody doesn’t want to eat salmon fish, he can take flaxseeds and chia seeds instead.
List of fishes which are best sources of omega-3 fatty acids
List of foods other than fish which are best sources of omega-3 fatty acids
- Chia seeds
- Flaxseed oil
- Soybean oil
- Canola oil
- Spirulina algae
- Fortified foods
Whether fish is good in pregnancy?
Fish contains DHA, which plays a pivotal role in the growth of the fetus, contributes to the development of the baby’s brain and central nervous system. Omega-3 fatty acids are also good for the breastfed infants.
10 Amazing foods for hair
Besides fish, get the list of 10 amazing foods, which are good for hair. These diets also prevent hair loss and hair fall.
- Sweet potatoes
- Citrus fruits
10 Worst foods for hair
There are some foods, which are not good for hair.
- Artificial sweetener
- Fast food
- Foods low in iron and zinc
- Starchy white foods
- Too much animal protein
- High mercury fish
- Greasy foods