Why fish for hair growth
Fish, especially salmon, herring and mackerel are very important for the health of hair as they are the best sources of omega-3 fatty acids, which are utmost important for hair growth. It is also important for to prevent hair fall, hair loss and known for shining hair too.
10 wonder benefits of fish for hair growth
- Fishes like salmon, herring and mackerel are having adequate amount of omega-3 fatty acids, which are effective in preventing of hair loss and increases hair density too.
- Supplements, which are rich in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, also do wonder for hair health along with antioxidants. It has already been proved in a study.
- Fish oil helps to reduce hair loss and thinning of hair. It also ensures proper hair growth.
- Fatty fish are excellent source of protein, selenium, vitamin D3 and B. All these are good for the health of hair.
- Fishes like salmon, tuna and mackerel offer natural source of oil, which makes your hair silky.
- Salmon is useful to make your hair shines, gives a life to hair and for healthy scalp as it is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin B12 and iron.
- Besides hair, eating of salmon, herring and mackerel is also good for heart, skin and eyes. Fatty acids keep the heart healthy, reduces the risk of heart attack and stroke. Medical studies suggest that eating of fish twice or thrice in a week reduce cardiovascular risks including lower LDL, cholesterol, lower triglycerides and also reduce blood pressure.
- In a recent study, it has been confirmed that fish oil contains docosahexaenoic acid, which is extremely good for hair growth as t increases the formation of certain proteins in the body.
- Omega-3 fatty acids contain EPA and DHA, which is good for the proper functioning of brain. Deficiency of DHA leads to risk for Alzheimer’s disease and also other cases related with dementia.
- Research has shown that taking fish regularly helps to reduce incidences of depression, seasonal effective disorders and postpartum depression.
Which fish is best for hair?
Salmon is the best fish for hair because of the presence of hair growing bio-chemical substance omega-3 fatty acids along with other vitamins and minerals. This fish also makes your scalp healthy and ensures the hair free dandruff.
What is the substitute of salmon?
If somebody doesn’t want to eat salmon fish, he can take flaxseeds and chia seeds instead.
List of fishes which are best sources of omega-3 fatty acids
List of foods other than fish which are best sources of omega-3 fatty acids
- Chia seeds
- Flaxseed oil
- Soybean oil
- Canola oil
- Spirulina algae
- Fortified foods
Whether fish is good in pregnancy?
Fish contains DHA, which plays a pivotal role for the growth of fetus, contributes for the development of baby’s brain and central nervous system. Omega-3 fatty acids are also good for breast-fed infant.
10 Amazing foods for hair
Besides fish, get the list of 10 amazing foods, which are good for hair. These diets also prevent hair loss and hair fall.
- Sweet potatoes
- Citrus fruits
10 Worst foods for hair
There are some foods, which are not good for hair.
- Artificial sweetener
- Sword fish
- Fast food
- Foods low in iron and zinc
- Starchy white foods
- Too much animal protein
- High mercury fish
- Greasy foods