Why fish for hair growth
Fish, especially salmon, herring, and mackerel, are significant for the health of hair as they are the best sources of omega-3 fatty acids, which are of utmost importance for hair growth. It is also essential to prevent hair fall and loss, and it is also known for shining hair.
10 wonder benefits of fish for hair growth
- Fishes like salmon, herring, and mackerel have an adequate amount of omega-3 fatty acids, which are effective in preventing hair loss and increases hair density.
- Supplements, which are rich in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, also do wonders for hair health andincreasing antioxidants. It has already been proven in a study.
- Fish oil helps to reduce hair loss and thinning of hair. It also ensures proper hair growth.
- Fatty fish are excellent protein, selenium, vitamin D3, and B sources. All these are good for the health of hair.
- Fishes like salmon, tuna, and mackerel offer natural sources of oil, which makes your hair silky.
- Salmon is helpful to make your hair shine, gives life to hair, and for a healthy scalp as it is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin B12, and iron.
- Besides hair, salmon, herring, and mackerel are good for the heart, skin, and eyes. Fatty acids keep the heart healthy and reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke. Medical studies suggest that eating fish twice or thrice a week reduces cardiovascular chances, including lower LDL, cholesterol, triglycerides, and blood pressure.
- In a recent study, it has been confirmed that fish oil contains docosahexaenoic acid, which is extremely good for hair growth as it increases the formation of specific proteins in the body.
- Omega-3 fatty acids contain EPA and DHA, which are good for the proper functioning of the brain. Deficiency of DHA leads to risk for Alzheimer’s disease and also other cases related to dementia.
- Research has shown that taking fish regularly helps to reduce incidences of depression, seasonal affective disorders, and postpartum depression.
Which fish is best for hair?
Salmon is the best fish for hair because of the growing biochemical substance omega-3 fatty acids and other vitamins and minerals. This fish also makes your scalp healthy and ensures hair-free dandruff.
What is the substitute for salmon?
If somebody doesn’t want to eat salmon fish, he can take flaxseeds and chia seeds instead.
List of fishes which are best sources of omega-3 fatty acids
List of foods other than fish which are best sources of omega-3 fatty acids
- Chia seeds
- Flaxseed oil
- Soybean oil
- Canola oil
- Spirulina algae
- Fortified foods
Fish is suitable during pregnancy?
Fish contains DHA, which plays a pivotal role in the growth of the fetus and contributes to the development of the baby’s brain and central nervous system. Omega-3 fatty acids are also suitable for breastfed infants.
10 Amazing foods for hair
Besides fish, get the list of 10 unique foods suitable for hair. These diets also prevent hair loss and hair fall.
- Sweet potatoes
- Citrus fruits
10 Worst foods for hair
There are some foods which are not suitable for hair.
- Artificial sweetener
- Fast food
- Foods low in iron and zinc
- Starchy white foods
- Too much animal protein
- High mercury fish
- Greasy foods