What is snoring
Snoring is a disturbed sleep where one doesn’t take adequate oxygen and should be cared for. It may happen to anybody, but the condition worsens with obese people and the advancing age. Snoring is responsible for sleep apnea, where breathing stops for 10 seconds and may continue throughout the night, resulting in low oxygen in the blood. Besides sleep apnea, snoring side effects include sleep deprivation, irritability, cardiac problems, and breathing obstructions. Kids may snore due to enlarged tonsils and adenoids. Behavioural issues are also familiar with snoring kids.
Breathing exercises act like a panacea to cure and control snoring permanently. One can get even quicker results along with Ayurveda and Home remedies. Follow Yoga regularly to avoid snoring and sleep apnea for good. This noisy breathing problem brings many ill impacts to health, such as hypertension, headache, migraine, sleep apnea, etc. Snoring is restricted to men and seen by women, especially the pregnant mother. It affects the entire family members and may cause sleeping-related disorders.
- The leading cause of snoring is the partial blocking of an air passage due to the relaxation of the pharynx, throat, and roof of the mouth, which leads to vibration and is the reason for snoring. Due to the beat of this tissue together, the sound occurs.
- Sleeping on your back
- Taking sleeping pills
- Cough & colds
- Sinus problems
- Alcohol consumption at night
- Enlarged tonsils
- Mouth, nose, and throat abnormalities
- Feeling tiredness throughout the day
- Irritation in behavior
- Heart problems due to sleep deprivation
- Chest pain
- Choking of breath
- Focus or concentration problems
- Reduces sexual urges
- May cause an increase in blood pressure
Top Yoga to cure snoring
Yoga is one of the effective measures to cure the sensitivity of snoring problems. As long as one practices the below-given yoga, the beneficial impacts are visible to the person. The result is quite fruitful and surprising if one practices the same for a more extended period. Yoga ensures enhancing lung capacity, maintaining a healthy weight, and keeping the air passage open, minimises snoring problems.
- Bhramari Pranayama
- Ujjayi Pranayama
- Chanting of OM
- Surya Namaskar
- Warrior Pose
Simple snoring home remedies
- One should try to be relaxed to make oneself de-stress.
- Instilling 2-3 drops of ghee in the nostrils helps to reduce the intensity of snoring.
- The aroma of eucalyptus and pine leaves is compelling.
- Warm salt water gargling before going to bed is helpful.
- Tea like Basil, Green tea, and Gotu Kola minimises the condition’s impact.
- Sipping a few drops of olive oil is effective.
- Taking honey along with hot lemonade is helpful.
- Drinking the decoction comprising basil, ginger, pepper, and cardamom is beneficial.
How to prevent snoring
- Perform deep breathing
- Steam inhalation helps clear the blocked air passage and respiratory passage.
- Using a raised pillow prevents it
- Sleeping on the back should be avoided.
- Skip heavy dinner.
- There should be a gap of at least 2-3 hours between your dinner and before bed.
- Avoid taking alcohol and reduce the amount of taking beverages.
- Smoking aggravated the condition; one should try to avoid it.
- Avoid taking sleeping pills.
- Clearing of the air passage before going to bed is recommended.
- Bedroom air should be moist with a humidifier.
- Singing or listening to music is good as it reduces stress.
- Citrus fruits are advisable in such conditions.
- Avoid fried foods.
- Ice cream, frozen foods, chocolates, tomato sauce, and potato chips should also be restricted.
- Avoid sedatives near bedtime.