What is snoring
Snoring is a disturbed sleep where one didn’t take adequate amount of oxygen and should be taken care for. It may be happened with anybody but the condition become aggravated with obese people as well as advancing of age. It leads to sleep apnea where breathing stops for 10 seconds and may continue the process throughout the night result in low amount of oxygen in blood. Besides sleep apnea, the other side effects of the condition are sleep deprivation, irritability, cardiac problems and breathing obstructions. Kids may snore due to enlarged tonsils and adenoids. Behavioural problems are also common with snoring kids.
Breathing exercises are act like as panacea to cure and control snoring permanently. One can get even quick result along with Ayurveda and Home remedies. Follow Yoga regularly to avoid snoring and sleep apnea for good. This is a noisy breathing problem, which brings many ill impacts to health such as hypertension, headache, migraine, sleep apnea, etc. Snoring is not only restricted to men, yet it is also seen with women, especially the pregnant mother. It affects the entire family members and may face sleeping related disorders.
- The main cause of snoring is the partial blocking of an air passage due to relaxation of pharynx, throat and roof of the mouth that lead to vibration and the reason for snoring. Due to vibration of these tissue together, the sound occurs.
- Sleeping on your back
- Taking sleeping pills
- Cough & colds
- Sinus problems
- Alcohol consumption at night
- Enlarged tonsils
- Mouth, nose and throat abnormalities
- Feeling tiredness throughout the day
- Irritation in behaviour
- Heart problems due to sleep deprivation
- Chest pain
- Choking of breath
- Focus or concentration problems
- Reduces sexual urges
- May cause increase in blood pressure
Top Yoga to cure snoring
Yoga is one the effective measures to cure the sensitivity of snoring problems. As long as one practices the below given yoga, the beneficial impacts are visible with the person. The result is quite fruitful and surprising if one practices the same for a longer period of time. In fact, Yoga ensures enhancing of lung capacity, maintain healthy weight and keep the air passage remain open leads to minimizing snoring problems.
- Bhramari Pranayama
- Ujjayi Pranayama
- Chanting of OM
- Surya Namaskar
- Warrior Pose
Simple snoring home remedies
- One should try to be relaxed make oneself de-stress.
- Instilling 2-3 drops of ghee in the nostrils helps to reduce the intensity of snoring.
- Smelling the aroma of eucalyptus and pine leaves are good.
- Gargling with warm salt water before going to bed is helpful.
- Tea like Basil, Green tea, Gotu Kola is good in minimizing the impact of the condition.
- Sipping of 2-3 drops of olive oil is effective.
- Taking of honey along with hot lemonade is helpful.
- Drinking the decoction of basil, ginger, pepper and cardamom is beneficial.
How to prevent snoring
- Perform deep breathing
- Steam inhalation helps to clear the block air passage as well as respiratory passage.
- Using raised pillow prevent it
- Sleep on your side, avoid sleeping on back
- Avoid heavy dinner. Finish your dinner before 2 hours of your bed time.
- Avoid taking of alcohol and reduce the amount of taking beverages.
- Smoking aggravated the condition; one should try to avoid it.
- Avoid taking sleeping pills.
- It is advisable to clear air passage before going to bed.
- Try to keep your bedroom air moist with a humidifier.
- Singing or listening of music is good as it reduces the level of stress.
- Citrus fruits are advisable in such condition.
- Avoid fried foods.
- Ice cream, frozen foods, chocolates, tomato sauce, potato chips should also be restricted.
- Avoid sedative near bed time.