What is snoring
Snoring is a disturbed sleep where one didn’t take an adequate amount of oxygen and should be taken care of. It maybe happened with anybody but the condition becomes aggravated with obese people as well as the advancing of age. It leads to sleep apnea where breathing stops for 10 seconds and may continue the process throughout the night result in a low amount of oxygen in the blood. Besides sleep apnea, the other side effects of the condition are sleep deprivation, irritability, cardiac problems, and breathing obstructions. Kids may snore due to enlarged tonsils and adenoids. Behavioral problems are also common with snoring kids.
Breathing exercises act like as panacea to cure and control snoring permanently. One can get even quicker results along with Ayurveda and Home remedies. Follow Yoga regularly to avoid snoring and sleep apnea for good. This is a noisy breathing problem, which brings many ill impacts to health such as hypertension, headache, migraine, sleep apnea, etc. Snoring is not only restricted to men, yet it is also seen with women, especially the pregnant mother. It affects the entire family members and may face sleeping related disorders.
- The main cause of snoring is the partial blocking of an air passage due to the relaxation of the pharynx, throat, and roof of the mouth that lead to vibration and the reason for snoring. Due to the vibration of this tissue together, the sound occurs.
- Sleeping on your back
- Taking sleeping pills
- Cough & colds
- Sinus problems
- Alcohol consumption at night
- Enlarged tonsils
- Mouth, nose, and throat abnormalities
- Feeling tiredness throughout the day
- Irritation in behavior
- Heart problems due to sleep deprivation
- Chest pain
- Choking of breath
- Focus or concentration problems
- Reduces sexual urges
- May cause an increase in blood pressure
Top Yoga to cure snoring
Yoga is one of the effective measures to cure the sensitivity of snoring problems. As long as one practices the below-given yoga, the beneficial impacts are visible to the person. The result is quite fruitful and surprising if one practices the same for a longer period of time. In fact, Yoga ensures enhancing lung capacity, maintain a healthy weight, and keep the air passage remain open leads to minimizing snoring problems.
- Bhramari Pranayama
- Ujjayi Pranayama
- Chanting of OM
- Surya Namaskar
- Warrior Pose
Simple snoring home remedies
- One should try to be relaxed to make oneself de-stress.
- Instilling 2-3 drops of ghee in the nostrils helps to reduce the intensity of snoring.
- Smelling the aroma of eucalyptus and pine leaves are good.
- Gargling with warm salt water before going to bed is helpful.
- Tea like Basil, Green tea, Gotu Kola is good in minimizing the impact of the condition.
- Sipping of 2-3 drops of olive oil is effective.
- Taking honey along with hot lemonade is helpful.
- Drinking the decoction of basil, ginger, pepper, and cardamom is beneficial.
How to prevent snoring
- Perform deep breathing
- Steam inhalation helps to clear the block air passage as well as respiratory passage.
- Using a raised pillow prevent it
- Sleep on your side, avoid sleeping on the back
- Avoid heavy dinner. Finish your dinner before 2 hours of your bedtime.
- Avoid taking alcohol and reduce the amount of taking beverages.
- Smoking aggravated the condition; one should try to avoid it.
- Avoid taking sleeping pills.
- It is advisable to clear air passage before going to bed.
- Try to keep your bedroom air moist with a humidifier.
- Singing or listening to music is good as it reduces the level of stress.
- Citrus fruits are advisable in such conditions.
- Avoid fried foods.
- Ice cream, frozen foods, chocolates, tomato sauce, potato chips should also be restricted.
- Avoid sedatives near bedtime.
4 thoughts on “10 Best Yoga Poses for Snoring Solution”
My husband have been suffering from snoring for a long time now…Thank you so much for sharing these yoga poses to stop snoring..I will definitely ask him to try them..Loved your post!!!
My little brother is super loud when it comes to snoring. It is cool that you can kind of help that with yoga. I am glad that you explained that it helps increase your lung capacity. It might be a good idea for my little brother to go see an ENT as well.
It is better to do Breathing Yoga like Kapalbhati, Suryabhedi Pranayama. He can also practice Jalneti and Sutraneti
I think yoga would be a long shot to stop your partner from snoring. Try one of the various anti-snoring device out on the market. They will immediately work the day you get it.