Career in Radio Broadcasting
- The burgeoning ramification of Electronic and Print media have generated exciting and lucrative job option in Radio jobs, T.V, Advertising, Publicity, Newspaper, Magazines, Tabloids, Journals, etc.
- The radio broadcasting industry has its own significance and audience and very important career prospects.
- Even in the age of ICT and LPG, radio and audio mediums get increasing and multiplying their listeners.
- Over the period, the listeners developed a bond among the radio stations and presenters.
Important criteria for radio jobs
- Qualitative inputs, excellent writing skill, perfection in works, meeting deadlines, good way of expression, and mastery over the medium of language (Hindi/English/Urdu/Tamil/etc.) are some of the very essential points to be a radio broadcaster and to make one’s career in Radio.
- As far as writing is concern, it is the soul of the broadcasting system and one of the criteria to find placement in Radio Jobs.
- There should be a command on writing.
- The broadcasters have to be very careful about the happenings both nationally and internationally.
- You have to be up to date from the latest news and current affairs.
- For this, one has to go through different newspapers, magazines, journals, TV, etc.
- He should have the ability to present even the toughest topic in a very simple and lucid manner so that the common man can understand without any brainstorming.
- Has the ability to work under pressure and deadline schedule.
How to become Radio Jockey/DJs
- For Radio Jobs employment, the following are the important features that are needed
- Having the ability to frame original ideas and stories.
- Excellent communication and Presenting skills are of utmost importance for the Radio Jockey job.
- The person should be dedicated to his work, even in the case of part-time radio jobs.
- Calmness and coolness even in the tough condition should be his/her essence.
- Good broadcaster loves the public as they are the source of the stories and ideas.
- The DJs should have the knowledge of program style and ethics.
- Covering the story is important because which parts you have to keep and which one you have to delete, takes utmost care.
- Knowledge of equipment is important for the facilitation of the program.
- You should well versed in Radio stations mechanism such as recorders, microphones, and editing software.
- He should have a nose for news, interviews, programs etc.
- The idea of past clippings is important.
- Self-confidence and determination are important.
Radio Job Courses and Training
- Graduate in any subject is the minimum criteria with a nose of news, writing ability, and performance in a tight schedule.
- Post-graduation or Diploma in Mass Communication or Journalism is the added advantage because, in lots of places, it has become one of the essential qualifications.
- After completing these courses, one has to go through the audition test and Vani certificate course in getting entry to the public sector.
- There are many radio stations, FM channels, who recruits the broadcaster after having the qualities and criteria as mentioned above.
Radio Jobs in FM Stations
- Post Liberalisation, Privatisation and Globalisation (LPG), the scenario of Radio communication, and Radio Broadcasters have changed drastically.
- There is a mushrooming of FM stations both in urban as well as smaller towns and cities which has generated enough avenue for radio jobs in India.
- So radio jobs recruitment has opened a great opportunity for the freshers.
- If one has the very brevity of way of expression, writing, and creativity, it means the person is suitable for Radio jobs profile.
- In maximum FM stations, the Radio Jockey is paid handsomely on an hourly basis.
- Since, the radio stations generated huge surplus through advertisement accordingly the employees, especially the Presenter, Announcer, DJs and Broadcaster are given fatty salary.
- In Community Radio, volunteers are more important.
Importance of Radio Broadcasting
- It is a source of mass entertainment and afforded by more or less everyone due to its cost-effective approach.
- It is omnipresent and access from the remote of the remotest region.
- Radio Jockey, Community radio, FM, Presenter, Announcer, etc., all are playing a vital role in entertaining and giving valuable information to the public.