What is a natural beverage?
Herbal hot beverages as well as tea and coffee directly mix with blood and give prompt response to the body. Natural hot beverages are different from general tea and coffee due to its multifarious nutritive value. In these beverages, sugar is replaced by jaggery, and milk is substituted by coconut milk. These herbal beverages are full of nutritive value and an effective alternative to tea and coffee.
5 popular natural drinks
1. Basil (Tulsi) tea
The various components of basil tea are:
- Tulsi leaves: 10
- Mint leaves: 8
- Ginger: in a very small quantity
- Water: 4 cups
- Jaggery syrup: 60-70 ml
Before making tea, one should ensure that Tulsi leaves, Mint leaves and Ginger have been washed properly. Mix all these ingredients and boil in water as mentioned in the ingredients. Boil the mixture for 8-10 minutes and add jaggery. After boiling, add milk and serve hot.
- This herbal product is considered a nutritive drink due to its multifarious functions.
- Good for bilious disorders.
- It is recommended for asthmatic patients.
- Excellent hot drinks for cough, chronic cough, and common cold.
- It gives a soothing effect to the liver.
- It is a good appetizer and also helps to melt belly fat.
2. Basil Decoction
Components of Basil decoction are:
- Basil Leaves: 40
- Ginger: 20grams
- Black pepper powder: 2gram
- Jaggery 25 grams
- Water: 3 Cups
All the ingredients should wash thoroughly before boiling. It should boil for 10 minutes. After boiling, pepper powder may be added as desired and serve hot.
- The decoction is an effective means in the treatment of cough and cold.
- Wonderful remedy in removing phlegm.
- It provides stability and strength to the stomach.
- Good for sore throat.
- It is a beneficial dose for bronchial patients.
- Basil leaves are good for hair and glowing skin along with weight loss.
Components & Ingredients
- Water: 300 ml
- Honey: 2 tsp
Boil water and cloves for 10 minutes. Strain the mixture and add honey. It is better to take it hot
- This type of tea is being used since the ancient time.
- It is a good remedy for flatulence.
- It activates the blood circulation.
- Make smooth the digestion process and digestive function, thus prevent obesity.
- It is beneficial for asthma and bronchial related problems
4. Wheat malt
Components & Ingredients
- Wheat powder: 2 table spoon
- Ginger: 10 grams
- Jaggery: 40 gram
- Water: 250ml
Boil wheat powder and ginger for 7-10 minutes. Jaggery should be added to it. After boiling, put some quantity of coconut milk and serve hot.
- It is very good for the remedy of cough, chronic cough, and cold.
- It is a valuable treatment for sore throat patients.
5. Lemon tea
Components and ingredients
- Lemon: few drops
- Water: 2 Cups
- Jaggery: 25 gram
- Tea: 1tsp
Boil water and tea for 5-7 minutes. Add jaggery during boiling. Put some drops of lemon in the hot mix and serve hot.
- It does not cause acidity as happens with normal tea.
- It is good for asthma.
- It is beneficial for respiratory disorders.
- It is good for weight loss
- It is also beneficial for skin complexion.
- The drinking of lemon everyday in the morning helps to reduce fat from the body.