Best uses of kokum
Kokum (Gracinia indica) has multiple health and medicinal benefits. The fruits of Gracinia indica is an excellent source of anti-oxidants that prevents to free radicals thereby helps from different diseases. Kokum is used in case of piles, flatulence, constipation, heatstroke, pain , tumour etc. The dried outer cover of Gracinia indica is used as spice. It is also known as ‘cool king’ of Indian fruits.
- Gracinia indica as an Anti-oxidants: The fruits of Gracinia indica is an excellent source of anti-oxidants, thus helps to minimise the impacts of many diseases. It also promote cell regeneration and repair.
- Kokum for Allergy: Cold blend of Kokum is used as local application in urticarial and allergic rashes on the skin. The infusion is highly effective and suggested for these purposes.
- Gracinia indica for Constipation: When a person is suffering from constipation, peel of dried fruits are given in the dose of 500 mg at night. It helps to ease constipation.
- Kokum and Hyper acidity: Having acidity or hyperacidity, the cold mix of Gracinia indica, sugar and little amount of salt is given to overcome from the problems of acidity and hyperacidity.
- Gracinia indica for Flatulence: Kokum is effective in case of flatulence, stomach pain and gaseous distension. The patient may take sip of the mix of Gracinia indica, ginger, honey, sugar and salt.
- Kokum as healthy and refreshing drink and Syrup: The syrup of Kokum is in great demand not only in India but also all over the world for its medicinal properties.
- Cracked Heels and kokum: The application of Gracinia indica butter is quite useful for cracked heels.
- Indigestion and Gracinia indica: Suffering from indigestion, one should take the mix of Kokum should be taken along with black pepper and salt.
- Kokum is also welcome in diseases and conditions such as hyperacidity, piles, fistula, heatstroke, infection, dysentery, etc.
- When allergy take the chronic form, the cool infusion may be also be used internally.
- Side-effects and Precautions: The fruits of Gracinia indica shouldn’t be used in excess. Milk and milk products should be used after one hour.
Looking for more health info? Follow these links...