Kerala is best known as the ‘Cradle of Ayurveda’. But the opportunities that Kerala provides yet to be tapped by the state, Ayurveda centres, institutions, companies and firms. With the changes of time, the essence of Ayurveda is reaching far and wide and its value and potential are being experienced across the world.
Top 12 Ayurveda centres in Kerala
- Arya Vaidya Sala Kottakkal
- Kottakkal Arya Vaidya Sala (AVS) is the leading among the Ayurvedic institutions and companies in the State.
- It has been engaged in the propagation of Ayurveda since 1902.
- It offers Ayurvedic medicines and treatments for centuries.
- Arya Vaidya Sala Kottakkal has its braches at Kottakkal, Delhi and Kochi, as well as in many cities of the country.
- The centre has two modern medicine manufacturing units, one at Kottakkal and the other at Kanjikkode, wherein about 500 ayurvedic medicines are produced.
- It is spread in around 220 acres of land.
How to reach AVS and Contact
Vaidyaratnam P. S. Varier’s
Arya Vaidya Sala, Head office
Kerala – 676 503,
Ph: +91 483 280 8000, 91 483 274 2572
Photo Courtesy: www. aryavaidyasala.com
2. Arya Vaidya Pharmacy (Coimbatore) Ltd.
- The Arya Vaidya Pharmacy (Coimbatore) Ltd. (AVP) is known for Ayurvedic health -care, research, education, manufacturing of medicines and treatment, etc.
- It has more than 800 branches in various parts of the country.
- AVP’s GMP- certified factory manufactures about 450 classical Ayurvedic medicines.
The Arya Vaidya Pharmacy (Coimbatore) Ltd.
opp. Railway Station, National Highway 47,
Palakkad district, Kanjikode, Kerala 678621
Phone No. 0491-2566222, 2566322.
3. Vaidyaratnam Oushadhasala
- Vaidyaratnam Oushadhasala, founded in 1941 by Ashtavaidyan Sri. E.T. Neelakandhan Mooss.
- Vaidyaratnam has nursing home at Thaikkattusery Thrissur and the Oushadhasala produces over 400 varieties of medicines.
- It has high quality of Its R & D wing.
- The centre is having a Centre of Excellence in Ayurvedic Management of Chronic Joint Disorders.
Vaidyaratnam Oushadhasala (P) Ltd, Ollur, Thaikkattussery, Thrissur, Kerala – 680 306
Tel: +91 – 487 – 2432700, +91 – 487 – 2432832 (Nursing Home)
4. Nagarjuna Ayurvedic Group
- Nagarjuna Ayurvedic Group manufactures more than 500 traditional Ayurvedic products at its GMP- certified factories.
- The group has wide sales network among Ayurveda firms.
- The company’s products are exported to 28 countries across the globe.
- The centre provides complete range of Ayurvedic Treatments.
- The firm also has facility for research and development.
For treatment enquiries, one can contact at
Nagarjuna Ayurvedic Centre
Nagarjuna Ayurvedic Centre Ltd. Kalady, Ernakulam District Kerala, India – 683 550
+91 484 2463350, +91 9747553254
5. Dhanwanthari Vaidyasala
- Dhanwanthari Vaidyasala, founded by late Vaidyan C.N. Namboothiri in 1933, is one of the oldest houses of Ayurveda in Kerala.
- The company focuses upon research and development, medicine manufacturing and treatment.
- It has full-fledged treatment centers in many parts of Kerala.
Thodupuzha (IP Hospital)
Idukki, Kerala, India
Pincode : 685584
Tel: 04862 227566
Fax: 04862 227566
6. Kerala Ayurveda Limited
- Kerala Ayurveda Limited is devoted for R&D, education, manufacturing ayurvedic product, hospitals and resorts.
- The company has a GMP- certified plant that manufactures all types of ayurvedic preparations.
- The company has outstanding quality facilities and services.
- It has branches in the US and Singapore. It runs a wellness
Kerala Ayurveda Limited
Registered Office – Head Office
Athani Post, Aluva,
Ernakulam District, Kerala – 683585, India
7. Vaidyamadham Vaidyasala and Nursing Home
- Vaidyamadham Vaidyasala and Nursing Home located at Thrithala, Palakkad, run by the Vaidyamadham family –family traditional Ayurvedic physicians, belonging to the Ashtavaidya group.
- The company produces more than 700 varieties of medicines, under GMP Standards.
Vaidyasala & Nursing Home
Mezhathur, Trithala- 679 534 , Palakkad Dt,
Phone: (STD CODE -0466) – Office
2962044,2932755, 2272044, 2272255 (EPABX), 2271616 (FAX
8. SNA Oushadhasala
- From family physicians, Oushadhasala has expanded into a GMP- certified manufacturing unit that sells its products across the world.
- It is specialized in the treatment of various diseases such as Fibromyalgia, Low Backache, Rheumatism, Parkinsonism, Headache, Psoriasis, Menstrual disorders, etc.
- Oushadhi is the Kerala State government’s venture in the Ayurveda sector. Oushadhi produces 450 Ayurvedic formulations – both classical and proprietary – at its GMP- certified factory at Thrissur
- It is the largest producer of Ayurveda medicines in the public sector in the country. It is today the sole supplier of medicines to Government Ayurveda Hospitals in the State and also supplies Ayurvedic Medicines to Government Hospitals and dispensaries of other states.
- It has 50 acre medicinal plant gardens.
The Pharmaceutical Corporation (IM) Kerala Limited Kuttanellur, Thrissur
Phone: 0487 2459800
10. Kandamkulathy Vaidyasala
- P. Pathrose Vaidyan’s Kandamkulathy Vaidyasala is an ayurvedic institution that boasts a history of 150 years.
- This ISO 9001-2000 certified company with GMP certification also has its own R&D unit for developing new medicines.
- Pankajakasthuri group made its presence felt in the market with its Pankajakasthuri Granules for Asthma.
- Focusing upon Manufacturing, Research and Development, Education, Healthcare, and Health tourism sectors.
- Its products are sold in 15 countries across the world.
P.O. Kuzhur, Mala, Thrissur 680734
0480 2779615 / 2779664
12. Sreedhareeyam Ayurvedic Eye Hospital and Research Center
- Sreedhareeyam Ayurvedic Eye Hospital and Research Center is famous for the treatment of eye and ear ailments and has been awarded the Center of Excellence by Government of India.
- It is also expanding by setting up branches and out- patient clinics across the country.